Queen+Adam Lambert Studio Album [Poll]

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

QUEEN+ADAM LAMBERT STUDIO ALBUM

YES
73%
NO
28%

Total votes : 40

Re: Queen+Adam Lambert Studio Album [Poll]

Postby BitterTears » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:05 pm

I know it gets discussed on here from time to time but there's no chance Adam will re-record Queen songs.

Would love to here Brian and Roger record together, always wished they had recorded together more after Queen. Add Adam into the mix and my enthusiasm goes down slightly (would rather Brian and Roger sang) but I guess there's little chance of that happening.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby hotspace1966 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:57 pm

Not really...

hotspace1966
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:36 pm

I am simply apathetic about any planned release; it doesn't bother me one way or another. As long as it is all original music and includes no Queen songs.

As far as I am concerned, QAL and Queen are two completely different beasts and their work should always be kept well apart. Good luck to them if they do go ahead with an album; and I hope it brings a few smiles to the QAL fanbase...it's just not for me.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby KNIGHT » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:43 am

With the announcement of a big 2019-2020 big worldwide tour, let’s face it, it becomes more and more evident that Queen should produce a joint album with Adam Lambert, especially because this collaboration already has almost 10 years.

KNIGHT
Spread Your Wings

Postby Frank » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:52 am

I'm open to a studio album. No doubt.
2014 - Queen + Adam Lambert (MSG in NYC)
2014 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Washington D.C.)
2017 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Brooklyn, NYC)
2017 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Philadelphia)
2018 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Las Vegas) 2X

Frank
The Show Must Go On

Fairy tales of yesterday will grow but never die...

Postby Nicki79 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:35 am

I‘m all for it now. It would make the setlist more interesting. And it would give the collaboration even more credit, so that nobody would be able to call them a mere tribute act any longer.

Nicki79
The Show Must Go On

Postby Steve » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:12 pm

Right now, Queen are the biggest thing in music. And they have been for some time. Brian and Roger are both great songwriters, so I'm definitely up for a new studio album. But I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about re-working old classics with Adam.

Steve
Spread Your Wings

Postby Frank » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:23 pm

They didn't rework Queen classics on TCR so I wouldn't expect it to happen with Adam.

Frank
The Show Must Go On

Postby timmah1 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:00 am

You know, the perfect time to announce new music would be in front of a nationally televised audience. If only they’d have one of those in the next week or two...

timmah1
Spread Your Wings

Postby Frank » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:21 am

...I see what you're suggesting...

...one can only hope!

Frank
The Show Must Go On

Postby sharon20 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:56 am

timmah1 wrote:You know, the perfect time to announce new music would be in front of a nationally televised audience. If only they’d have one of those in the next week or two...

Adam has new solo music coming out in May and an album later in the year so sadly I doubt there'll be any joint music from them. I'd love them to do an album or EP or even a single would be good but it's not looking promising. I'd be happy to be proved wrong though.

sharon20
We Will Rock You

Postby AlexKx » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:25 pm

There is no reason all of these things could and or should not happen. Yes, to re-recording QUEEN songs...but not on their first studio l.p....

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby Nicki79 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:25 pm

There is a new article about the question, if they will ever record an album. Source: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/queen-ad ... ert-album/

UltimateClassicRock @ultclassicrock
Will Queen Ever Make an Album With Adam Lambert?

It’s nearly 10 years since Adam Lambert made his first appearance alongside Brian May and Roger Taylor of Queen during the finale of American Idol’s eighth season. That moment formed a relationship that’s seen Queen + Adam Lambert delivering a series of tours, appearing at the Oscars ceremony and, later this month, starring in documentary The Show Must Go On: The Queen + Adam Lambert Story.

It’s a purple period for the British rock icons, following the $900 million box office success plus the four-Oscar triumph of biopic Bohemian Rhapsody. With so much achieved alongside Lambert – who frequently states he’s representing Freddie Mercury, rather than trying to replace him, and helping to keep the music alive – the band are often asked the obvious question: are you going to record an album together? The answer remains elusive.

The doubt on May’s part stems from the failure of The Cosmos Rocks, the album released under the Queen + Paul Rodgers banner in 2008 while the Free and Bad Company frontman was working with the band. “[W]e spent a big part of our lives doing that with Paul… on which there was some good material and we worked damn hard for months on end,” May told Rolling Stone in 2017. “He’s great, there’s no doubt about it, but nobody cared. It just disappeared. We sort of got the message, rightly or wrongly, that people just wanted to hear Queen with Freddie on record. The evidence is totally the opposite in regards to live – they love what we’re doing now, there’s no question, so we gravitated towards the live stuff.”

There’s no saying whether the success of Bohemian Rhapsody has changed minds. It seems a sequel was considered, probably just as a way of banking on its success – but suggesting that the industry believes there’s a place for major-league Queen product. Surely if any time was the right time to take a risk on Lambert, it would be about now? Taylor, for one, wasn’t always against the idea. In 2016 he said: “If we do anything in the future, I’d like it to be something new… I don’t know how new it would sound, but I think if Brian could come up with a song or two which we felt, sort of fitted, you know…”

Obviously new music that fits Queen, but written without Mercury, is enough of a challenge; but if anyone can do it surely May and Taylor can. (And perhaps bassist John Deacon might be persuaded to come out of retirement to ensure the recordings feel right?) The amount of touring Queen and Lambert have done together proves there’s an audience for what they do; but in order to address the problem experienced with the Rodgers album, they’d have to ensure mainstream interest. Perhaps the documentary is aimed as a step towards filling in the gaps, so fans might better understand and support the relationship.

Arguing that Mercury would “love and hate” Lambert, May told Yahoo last year: “In no way does he imitate Freddie but he provides that piece of the jigsaw puzzle. It’s stupendous… we would never be doing this now if it weren’t for Adam.” If a wider audience can get behind that concept, perhaps an album becomes a surer success.

Lambert himself has more to bring to the table than ever before, going by recent comments he made while announcing his new solo record. Reporting that he’d gone through a “dark period” of suffering artistic compromise and finally rediscovered his love for music, he explained: “I love making and performing music, but there have been many times where I’ve had to compromise on my artistic vision, with executives making decisions based on money and not art.” The experience left him “second-guessing my own artistry and having my mental health suffer because of it,” but after professional and social support, he said he was returning with a new attitude. “The tracks will chronicle the journey of taking responsibility for my own happiness and strength, and searching for intimacy,” he added. “I’ve found the joy I was missing and I’m back in my power.”

Those who have seen Bohemian Rhapsody will recognize his life experience appears to match Mercury’s own – which could mean he’s now an even better candidate for representing the iconic singer in the studio. If that can be agreed upon, it only comes down to whether Queen + Adam Lambert can write the kind of music Queen fans want to hear, despite Mercury’s absence.

Nicki79
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:27 am

I personally can't see them recording together. Especially since Brian and Roger seem to be tipping their toes in solo music again, and I'm all for the solo music from Brian and Roger, I really like their recent music.
Has anyone forgotten about AL's solo career? Has AL forgotten about that? I ask because a few more back he was unsure if there would even be an album. Oh I know, new music in May. Could be a single, I suppose.
It will be tacky to me if Q+AL recorded based on the success of Bohemian Rhapsody. Why not dig deep in the Queen vaults to have Brian and Roger work on that if there is enough music? I'd love that.

This stood out to me, and not in a good way.
Those who have seen Bohemian Rhapsody will recongise his life experience appears to match Freddie's own

Disagree with that. AL's life is nowhere near a match of Freddie's life.

Brian's and Rogers best songwriting are behind them, I dare say, even as much as I like their recent solo music, it's nowhere close to the brilliance of DOOL and TPS, just to name two. And AL isn't known as a songwriter, singing is what he is known for, and is known for usually covering other artists songs. In short, I don't think Brian, Roger and Lambert could write, produce and sing the kind of music I'd want to hear as Queen fan.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
~DLGF~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Nicki79 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:47 am

icy wrote:Brian's and Rogers best songwriting are behind them, I dare say, even as much as I like their recent solo music, it's nowhere close to the brilliance of DOOL and TPS, just to name two. And AL isn't known as a songwriter, singing is what he is known for, and is known for usually covering other artists songs. In short, I don't think Brian, Roger and Lambert could write, produce and sing the kind of music I'd want to hear as Queen fan.

I‘m absolutely sure of that. :lol: Because if you can’t really accept QAL in the first place, they don’t stand a chance.
But the interest in a new record is (apart from a few longtime fans) for sure growing. Who would have thought that a site like „Ultimate classic Rock“ would even dare to ask that question?

Adam’s new solo music took a while, but it’s coming. That won’t stop him from recording with Brian and Roger, if they want to do it. I‘m happy, that the old guys started to make new music again. I take that as a promising sign. And it didn’t sound bad at all.

After all: Brian, Roger and Adam already did make it into a recording studio. We just don’t know, if anything useful was created or if we will ever hear it. But it was a first step. Maybe more will follow.

Nicki79
The Show Must Go On

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert