Throwback to QAL 2014

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Throwback to QAL 2014

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:29 pm

I just came across the following video. Looking at it, it seems, that the shows in 2014 were not as much staged as they are now. Adam talked more spontaneous and had more chances to improvise. I would be happy, if they could go back to that kind of shows. It looks more natural to me. And I love their current shows, but a mixture would be good IMO.
phpBB [video]

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Re: Throwback to QAL 2014

Postby sharon20 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:06 am

Yeah this tour is more like an actual show, very precise and locked down, it flows and is really well done but it's not like an actual gig. I never saw the earlier ones live but looking at stuff like this they did seem to be more free and easy in parts. A mixture of both would be good.

Adam's a lot more like that in his solo stuff, more spontaneous, but I suppose it's easier when you're a solo artist, it's your own show and the band are just backing you and following your lead.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:31 am

I did see QAL in 2015 and by watching this video, it just became clear to me, that the show itself has changed quite a lot since then. Although it’s often criticized for being always the same (setlist).
I also saw Adam solo, so I know, that he can be more spontaneous and freestyling than he is at Queen shows. But it was interesting to be reminded, that the early QAL-tour were more like that as well.
I don’t think, they will change the show for the upcoming shows in Europe. But, if they go out again afterwards, it would be nice to have a few parts, that allow more spontaneity.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:08 pm

Another throwback to a little video about the reception of a little award „Band of the Year“ at the „Classic Rock Awards“ in the US 2014. I know, it’s not a big deal, but nevertheless it shows, that many people love the shows and were/are happy, that the remaining members of Queen are touring.
phpBB [video]

And by the way: I think they won „Tour of the year 2017“ as well. Maybe there will be another reception? I haven’t followed that.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:03 pm

Sorry, it’s me again :) . I came across another video with an interview with Brian and Adam backstage at the (in the above post mentioned) awards show. It’s not new, but just watching it, I realised that they spoke about a few things, that are coming up again and again in discussions in this forum:
- Are they really a „band“? (They won the award for „band of the year“).
- Is Adam just a hired gun / karaoke-singer? (Yes, these words are actually mentioned.)
- a little talk about, how they put the setlist together.
Maybe some of you will find it interesting to (re)watch that interview and to hear, what Brian and Adam said about all this back then.
phpBB [video]

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert