Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby Nicki79 » Mon May 07, 2018 4:51 pm

Since it is now officially announced, a new thread should be OK. :)

Today Queen + Adam Lambert announced their limited engagement in Las Vegas!

LAS VEGAS (May 7, 2018) – Queen + Adam Lambert will rock the Las Vegas Strip this fall with a 10-date limited engagement, “The Crown Jewels,” at Park Theater at Park MGM in Las Vegas. Shows will be held September 1, 2, 5, 7, 8, 14, 15, 19, 21 and 22 at 8 p.m.
http://www.queenonline.com/news/press-r ... -las-vegas

http://brianmay.com/queen/queennews/que ... 8a.html#08

The fan-presale starts tomorrow (Tuesday) at 10 am P.T.! So watch your email-accounts for presale codes.

"The Crown-Jewels": It seems, they found a new title for "Greatest Hits" :lol: . I love that title.
Last edited by Nicki79 on Mon May 07, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby Nicki79 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:05 pm

The announcement by Adam live on TV this morning in New York:
phpBB [video]

The Press: Instinct magazine wrote:
Queen + Adam Lambert To Rock "The Crown Jewels" In Las Vegas Residency dlvr.it/QS3YWC

Iconic British rockers Queen and out frontman Adam Lambert have announced the band’s first Sin City residency, titled "The Crown Jewels," at Park Theater at Park MGM, in September 2018. The band first shared the news with the Twitterverse Monday morning on social media:

You can be sure to expect thunderbolts and lightning, disco balls and all the massive Queen hits including "Another One Bites The Dust," "Fat Bottomed Girls," "Crazy Little Thing Called Love," "Somebody To Love," "Radio Ga Ga" and "Bohemian Rhapsody."

The musical alchemy between Lambert and Queen has been a magical ride since first sharing a stage for the American Idol finale in May 2009. Years later now, with 150 shows in their pocket, the potent power players are filling stadiums and festivals with an awe-inspiring show drawing across-the-board rave reviews.

When Queen and Lambert debuted the show last year, Billboard Magazine raved called the production, "a seamlessly executed Vegas assault -- a just-right balance of kitsch, classic rock and ‘70s excess. It's all there; the bombast, melodrama, the drum solos, the glitter, the great songs, a crazy light show, big power chords."

More from the praise from the press:

“A master class in design, lighting and supreme musicianship. Long may Lambert and the Queen of now reign.” - News Corp Australia Network

"With fantastic players, a dazzling stage design, an almost unparalleled catalogue of classic songs, and an outstanding frontman, Queen still offer one of the most entertaining nights of rock and roll to be seen and heard anywhere.” - Daily Telegraph

Announcing this specially-crafted “The Crown Jewels” show, Queen’s Brian May said: “We’re ready to take on the ultimate challenge … to dazzle Vegas!!”

Band mate Roger Taylor concurred saying, “Looking forward to rocking the Strip,” singing the praises of “the audaciously and phenomenally talented Adam Lambert.”

Lambert gushed back: “I’m so excited to help share ‘The Crown Jewels’ with the Strip. You’ll be humming them all night!”

The royal rockers will hold court in the City of Entertainment for 10 performances from September 1 - 22 (September 1, 2, 5, 7, 8, 14, 15, 19, 21 and 22 at 8PM).

Members of both Queen and Adam Lambert's Fan Clubs will be able to purchase tickets before the general public beginning Tuesday, May 8 at 10AM PT. QueenOnline.com subscribers will be sent pre-sale links and passwords.

Tickets on sale to the public Friday, May 11 at 10AM PT at http://www.ticketmaster.com (link not live until Friday).

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Mon May 07, 2018 5:05 pm

Here’s the official announcement in full:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w4hr2Ex6AP0
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Nicki79 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:18 pm

CNB wrote:Here’s the official announcement in full:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w4hr2Ex6AP0

I didn't post that, because it doesn't include more information about the announcement. It's "just" more Adam-talk. :biggrin:

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Mon May 07, 2018 7:26 pm

Las Vegas, eh. I find it sad in a way.
I wish the name of the Queen box set wasn't used for this so I wish something new was used for this and not something that was already used before in Queen history. Can't help but think it's lazy it's been used twice in two decades, give or take. Who came up the idea to call the residency the Crown Jewels and why?
Pic of the Crown Jewels used for the Queen box set.
Attachments
413TGD0Z4AL.jpg
413TGD0Z4AL.jpg (25.31 KiB) Viewed 2775 times
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Nicki79 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:38 pm

icy wrote:I wish the name of the Queen box set wasn't used for this so I wish something new was used for this. Can't help but think it's lazy it's been used twice in two decades.

I just looked up, what you meant. (I'm only learning about Queen since 2015, before I was only a casual listener.) I found the box-set. It seems, it's an American release? I've never heard of it before.
And since I've never heard of it before, I really like that title. :lol: And the people going to the shows will know, what to expect or what box-set they need to buy afterwards. So I don't think it's a bad thing. Win-win.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Mon May 07, 2018 7:48 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:I wish the name of the Queen box set wasn't used for this so I wish something new was used for this. Can't help but think it's lazy it's been used twice in two decades.

I just looked up, what you meant. (I'm only learning about Queen since 2015, before I was only a casual listener.) I found the box-set. It seems, it's an American release? I've never heard of it before.
And since I've never heard of it before, I really like that title. :lol: And the people going to the shows will know, what to expect or what box-set they need to buy afterwards. So I don't think it's a bad thing. Win-win.

American only release, I think as it was released by Hollywood Records in 1998 or so. I actually own the set, and I enjoy it.
It's just too bad and it seems lazy IMO, knowing the fact it has been used again, and it's now being used for Q+AL purposes. Does this mean some of the lesser known tracks the back catalogue will be a part of the shows? I doubt it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby BitterTears » Mon May 07, 2018 8:04 pm

Think we're in danger of over thinking it. Judging by the press release, someone (the venue, rather than Queen?) are pushing the whole 'royal' theme and Crown Jewels obviously plays into that.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Mon May 07, 2018 8:05 pm

I am even more irritated now. The font and crest have been copied from the Crown Jewels set too! :shock: :roll:
Attachments
IMG_20180507_140259_938.jpg
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Nicki79 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:12 pm

I don't see a problem with that. It looks great and people will be able to know, what to expect. I don't think these concerts will be that attractive for diehard fans though. This is IMO more for the casual fan / casual vegas-visitor.

I simply look at it like this: I would rather go to a show called "Queen - The Crown Jewels" than to another "Queen - Greatest Hits". ;) The first title sounds much cooler!

And since I don't expect any new music: Why should there be a new title?

Besides: Will anybody here go and see a show?

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby dave4343palace » Mon May 07, 2018 8:28 pm

Nicki79 wrote:I don't see a problem with that. It looks great and people will be able to know, what to expect. I don't think these concerts will be that attractive for diehard fans though. This is IMO more for the casual fan / casual vegas-visitor.

I simply look at it like this: I would rather go to a show called "Queen - The Crown Jewels" than to another "Queen - Greatest Hits". ;) The first title sounds much cooler!

Yes, this mug here will be there for a couple of shows :satisfied:

dave4343palace
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:43 pm

dave4343palace wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:

Cool. :rockon:
I would love to go as well. It would be a great opportunity to go and see Las Vegas. Plus several shows in one place. But I need to work and the tickets seem to be very pricey as well.
So, Berlin next month must do it. :)

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Mon May 07, 2018 8:48 pm

Nicki79 wrote:I don't see a problem with that. It looks great and people will be able to know, what to expect. I don't think these concerts will be that attractive for diehard fans though. This is IMO more for the casual fan / casual vegas-visitor.

I do have issues with it because it seems so lazy to be using and having it look so similar, it doesn't sit right with me. I'm sure there was something else than could - and quite frankly should have been - used than the same title and crest, font that was used for the Queen box set. That's my POV and I may be the only one here who feels that way. I'm sorry, but reading it what it's called that made my heart sink...once again not very original.
I wonder if the set list will change, especially for a 10 run, I doubt there will be. I'm sure for this, it will be nothing but the Greatest Hits.
You might have guessed, I won't be going. But I'm interested in how it comes together.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Mon May 07, 2018 8:49 pm

dave4343palace wrote:

Enjoy yourself. ;)
Will you be traveling by yourself this time?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Elessar » Mon May 07, 2018 8:56 pm

They should see what Brandon Flowers is up to and try to do a couple of songs with him. He might show up his fellow leather jacket wearing peer a bit though.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Next

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert