Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby Peavy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:24 am

Nicki79 wrote:
Peavy wrote:Give me a QAL Blu-ray for christmas! :D

Worked last year with ELO, hehe.

Maybe we really get lucky! :D
Wire Camera from the O2 in London:
http://www.instagram.com/p/Bk7v3O9j2PY/ ... q0ep772gmj

Yeah, it's clear they filmed it properly...now the question is if they release it.^^ There are still some 40 year old shows left in the archives, also filmed, but not released yet. ;) I hope for the best in both cases.

Peavy
Spread Your Wings

Postby Peavy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:26 am

dazzag82 wrote:Will there be any changes to the set list?

Maybe im thinking too much like musical theatre, as I have only ever been to a Cirque du Soleil show in Vgeas, but will the show not be shorter than a normal concert ie about 90 mins and will it need to have an Interval?

GNR had a residency in Vegas some years ago and released a Blu-ray from that - they had lots of show effects, but aside from that it was a normal concert, quite long and no break.

About the setlist I don't know...I geuss rather not. Either they keep the show they were touring and then they can't change a lot, or they do something really special and change up everything...but I rather think it will be the show we know.

Peavy
Spread Your Wings

Postby slightlymad1970 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:06 am

Peavy wrote:
dazzag82 wrote:Will there be any changes to the set list?

Maybe im thinking too much like musical theatre, as I have only ever been to a Cirque du Soleil show in Vgeas, but will the show not be shorter than a normal concert ie about 90 mins and will it need to have an Interval?

GNR had a residency in Vegas some years ago and released a Blu-ray from that - they had lots of show effects, but aside from that it was a normal concert, quite long and no break.

About the setlist I don't know...I geuss rather not. Either they keep the show they were touring and then they can't change a lot, or they do something really special and change up everything...but I rather think it will be the show we know.

I'm really hoping for the O2 shows to be released, it looks like a lot of effort went into the filming. I'm not sure if I want the Las Vegas shows to be released, I watched the Def Leppard shows on video and although a good performance it didn't have the feel of a big rock show, more cabaret and a bit tame with the audience looking very uninspired, similar to the Meat Loaf shows! It would be great to have Vegas as a bonus documentary for the O2 shows, having said that they have tons of extras they could use, the Sydney shows filmed a few years back looked amazing and they would make a great extra, even some of the Barcelona show or Isle of Wight or Rock In Rio etc etc.

I know it's not everyones cup of tea on here but they really could produce something very special with amazing extras if they wanted to!

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert