Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby CNB » Sun May 20, 2018 6:31 pm

I’m for new ideas, too, but “Frank” is their best idea ever. If it fits in the Vegas venue, not sure if 10 more shows justifies a whole new set!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby BitterTears » Sun May 20, 2018 6:37 pm

I suppose it was designed with arenas 3 to 4 times the size in mind. I also wonder since they aren't playing close to every day, is the hall going to be used for other shows during September? I guess, for Queen, it's going to be a relatively simple set up anyway.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Nicki79 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:40 pm

CNB wrote:I’m for new ideas, too, but “Frank” is their best idea ever. If it fits in the Vegas venue, not sure if 10 more shows justifies a whole new set!

I never said, there will be a whole new set. They might leave the big round, upper screen and the robot-head at home. As a reminder: it was Adam, who said that Frank will probably not be with them and that they have to adjust their set for that stage.
Last edited by Nicki79 on Sun May 20, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Sun May 20, 2018 7:08 pm

CNB wrote:I’m for new ideas, too, but “Frank” is their best idea ever. If it fits in the Vegas venue, not sure if 10 more shows justifies a whole new set!

Frank was a good idea, I agree with that.
AL sitting on top of him and jokes about the head, wasn't a good idea. Seemed like AL took the piss out of it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby icy » Sun May 20, 2018 7:15 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
CNB wrote:
This article says the Park Theater stage is bigger than Radio City Music Hall so it might be able to accommodate “Frank” .....

http://www.thrillist.com/amphtml/entert ... usic-venue

I don’t think, that room is high enough to accommodate the big round screen. It usually hangs high above the stage. When they move it up in that space, the upper seats can’t see the stage... No, I don’t think that will fit.
And that screen isn’t necessary in such a venue. One screen on the stage should be enough.

And even, if it would fit: Change isn’t too bad. Frank has accompanied them for about a year now as a tribute to 40 years of NOTW. That was last year. So: Off to new ideas!

I wonder if they will go for a much simpler stage set up for Vegas. I don't think they need all the bells and whistles, the screens, and Frank. Maybe a bigger bike for AL to ride on since this is the 40th anniversary of Jazz :-P . This Vegas run could prove it could be more about the music than the gimmicks if the guys really wanted to shake things up. I wish they had the guts to be more about the music, but it's Q+AL after all.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Nicki79 » Sun May 20, 2018 7:21 pm

icy wrote:I wonder if they will go for a much simpler stage set up for Vegas. I don't think they need all the bells and whistles, the screens, and Frank. Maybe a bigger bike for AL to ride on since this is the 40th anniversary of Jazz :-P . This Vegas run could prove it could be more about the music than the gimmicks if the guys really wanted to shake things up. I wish they had the guts to be more about the music, but it's Q+AL after all.

It’s Vegas, Baby!!! 8)
They will never play a stripped down show there! Never.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Sun May 20, 2018 7:25 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:I wonder if they will go for a much simpler stage set up for Vegas. I don't think they need all the bells and whistles, the screens, and Frank. Maybe a bigger bike for AL to ride on since this is the 40th anniversary of Jazz :-P . This Vegas run could prove it could be more about the music than the gimmicks if the guys really wanted to shake things up. I wish they had the guts to be more about the music, but it's Q+AL after all.

It’s Vegas, Baby!!! 8)
They will never play a stripped down show there! Never.

If they don't play a stripped down show at all durng Q+AL, that would be too bad, IMO. I'd like to see even Brian and Roger even ponder the possibility. But I know it's likely never going to happen.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby CNB » Sun May 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Icy, send me your address and I’ll send you the money for a ticket and hotel/plane reservations. I’ll even make the reservations for you! I am so tired of you never seeing this show! :)
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Sun May 20, 2018 8:01 pm

Nicki79 wrote:

I never said, there will be a whole new set. They might leave the big round, upper screen and the robot-head at home. As a reminder: it was Adam, who said that Frank will probably not be with them and that they have to adjust their set for that stage.

When did Adam say that?
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 pm

CNB wrote:Icy, send me your address and I’ll send you the money for a ticket and hotel/plane reservations. I’ll even make the reservations for you! I am so tired of you never seeing this show! :)

:lol: :lol:
Thanks, but even if I could, I wouldn't want to leave someone behind, even for a quick trip.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Nicki79 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:30 pm

CNB wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:I never said, there will be a whole new set. They might leave the big round, upper screen and the robot-head at home. As a reminder: it was Adam, who said that Frank will probably not be with them and that they have to adjust their set for that stage.

When did Adam say that?

It was a long, very interesting radio interview on the day, when the Vegas-shows were announced. I don’t think, we had the link here.
I just relistened: He said, they don’t know, if the robot will stay around (from minute 22). Talking about the set from minute 11. He also talked about a lot of other stuff, that had never been asked before. (Could there come a time, when he pulls out of the collaboration? And others). I really recommend to listen to that interview (the beginning isn’t really news, but from about the 8th minute, I found that interview very good.)
phpBB [video]

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Sun May 20, 2018 11:59 pm

icy wrote:
CNB wrote:Icy, send me your address and I’ll send you the money for a ticket and hotel/plane reservations. I’ll even make the reservations for you! I am so tired of you never seeing this show! :)

Thanks, but even if I could, I wouldn't want to leave someone behind, even for a quick trip.

Okay! I am still thrilled and grateful for the 6 live shows I’ve been able to attend — 3 Glam Nation shows in 2010, 2 QAL shows in 2014 and 1 QAL show in 2017 !!!!!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Mon May 21, 2018 12:19 am

CNB wrote:
icy wrote:

Okay! I am still thrilled and grateful for the 6 live shows I’ve been able to attend — 3 Glam Nation shows in 2010, 2 QAL shows in 2014 and 1 QAL show in 2017 !!!!!

I figure you were taking the piss in offering. I know what you think of me after all. :lol:
How about if you donate to A Touch Of Sparkle. I had a friend donate my money to that a few months back.
I know you enjoy the shows, I mean this truly ,I'm glad it makes you happy. I'm sorry it tires you that I can't go.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Echoplex » Tue May 22, 2018 11:33 am

The stage in Las Vegas is huge, their current touring stage is 80ft wide. The current production would fit without the curved front screen.

The height above the stage is probably not enough to allow the screen to be used. However they didn't use it at the Hollywood Bowl but still presented a full show that differed little from the other shows.

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:30 pm

When you look on the ticket-sites, you can see, that they will use their usual guitar-shaped stage. That’s what it looks like, with a shorter neck/walkway. So I expect a few changes, but the stage will essentially stay the same.

However, Adam mentioned in the above interview, that they got a big budget for their production. I‘m sure, they will find a way to use it.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert