Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby CNB » Fri May 25, 2018 11:44 am

icy wrote:
CNB wrote:Icy, send me your address and I’ll send you the money for a ticket and hotel/plane reservations. I’ll even make the reservations for you! I am so tired of you never seeing this show! :)

Thanks, but even if I could, I wouldn't want to leave someone behind, even for a quick trip.

I figure you were taking the piss in offering. I know what you think of me after all. :lol:
How about if you donate to A Touch Of Sparkle. I had a friend donate my money to that a few months back.
I know you enjoy the shows, I mean this truly ,I'm glad it makes you happy. I'm sorry it tires you that I can't go.

Actually, I was and still am serious. I would love it if you and your buddy Milkman could meet up in Vegas and finally see the show that you have both been so critical of without seeing it.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Fri May 25, 2018 11:56 am

CNB wrote:
icy wrote:
CNB wrote:Icy, send me your address and I’ll send you the money for a ticket and hotel/plane reservations. I’ll even make the reservations for you! I am so tired of you never seeing this show! :)

Thanks, but even if I could, I wouldn't want to leave someone behind, even for a quick trip.

I figure you were taking the piss in offering. I know what you think of me after all. :lol:
How about if you donate to A Touch Of Sparkle. I had a friend donate my money to that a few months back.
I know you enjoy the shows, I mean this truly ,I'm glad it makes you happy. I'm sorry it tires you that I can't go.

Actually, I was and still am serious. I would love it if you and your buddy Milkman could meet up in Vegas and finally see the show that you have both been so critical of without seeing it.[/quote]
I'm serious too about Touch Of Sparkle.
Milkman isn't my buddy, he's just someone I like chatting with here on QOL. If you did shell out money and I ( leaving milkman out of this part ) didn't like some things in the show, you just might think I'm obligated to love the show. I don't think if I attended a show that suddenly I'm gonna like or lve the bike, crown cape etc.
Thing is also, you have made it clear that you don't like me. Really, you don't even want me to post in Q+AL and AL threads even.
Most importantly, I feel I can't leave even for a quick trip.
Thanks for offering.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby dave4343palace » Fri May 25, 2018 8:29 pm

If I were to give you my tickets for Vegas, would you promise to never post on a Queen site again? :cool:

dave4343palace
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Fri May 25, 2018 10:15 pm

dave4343palace wrote:

If I were to give you my tickets for Vegas, would you promise to never post on a Queen site again? :cool:

I'd chip in, even if it stops rehashing of what has been already rehashed :lol: :P
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby The Milkman » Tue May 29, 2018 11:17 pm

CNB wrote:
Actually, I was and still am serious. I would love it if you and your buddy Milkman could meet up in Vegas and finally see the show that you have both been so critical of without seeing it.

I haven't been critical of it because I haven't watched much of it. I know it's not for me because I don't like seeing people filling in for other singers. It has nothing to do with Adam. It's not Queen so I have zero interest. I had a chance to see Journey a few months ago but I had zero interest in that as well.

Like you've said 100 times before, you know you wouldn't like Sam Smith live without seeing him. I don't give a fuck. You would probably hate it and I wouldn't care for your karaoke boy filling in for Freddie. GET OVER IT!
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby AlaRegularis » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:33 am

I for one am looking forward to this residency. I'm not going to any of the shows, but I appreciate the idea. The residency-shows are usually really cool. Intimate settings, playing around a bit with the setlist. When Kiss did theirs they sounded really good and had an awesome show, at least if you trust the "Kiss Rocks Vegas"-bluray.

AlaRegularis
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:41 pm

A new short video of show-snippets as a reminder for the Vegas Shows, posted by Adam today:
http://www.instagram.com/p/Bl_aDtCF79P/ ... prv53azj26 or
http://twitter.com/adamlambert/status/1 ... 83520?s=21
(Both links lead to the same video, but you might prefer insta or tweeter. ;) )

Looking at it, I feel, that we might finally get a live recording of the show (London). It looks like they filmed backstage as well. :D

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Frank » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:00 pm

I"ll be flying all the way from Pennsylvania to see the band play in Vegas. It'll be my fifth time seeing them. It's funny though. There was a time when I never thought I'd get to see them. I wasn't born yet when Freddie was rocking the crown, and my parents wouldn't take me to see them when Paul Rodgers was fronting the group. So that said, I am so thankful for everything Adam has done to help bring Brian and Roger back on the road. Every time I see Queen + Adam Lambert I'm fully aware it pales in comparison to the legendary days of Freddie Mercury. But it really is a great time, and it gives me the ability to hear the closest thing possible to my favorite band. It always feels like a celebration.

Frank
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:33 am

Lover Boy wrote:I"ll be flying all the way from Pennsylvania to see the band play in Vegas. It'll be my fifth time seeing them. It's funny though. There was a time when I never thought I'd get to see them. I wasn't born yet when Freddie was rocking the crown, and my parents wouldn't take me to see them when Paul Rodgers was fronting the group. So that said, I am so thankful for everything Adam has done to help bring Brian and Roger back on the road. Every time I see Queen + Adam Lambert I'm fully aware it pales in comparison to the legendary days of Freddie Mercury. But it really is a great time, and it gives me the ability to hear the closest thing possible to my favorite band. It always feels like a celebration.

I agree. I didn't ever have the desire to see QAL (although I remained very open-minded about them); but after watching some more clips from this year's shows I have to admit that they have matured into a much more natural band, and the sound they produce together is absolutely wonderful. And there is no denying that Adam has a beautiful voice that can actually do real justice to these legendary songs...

...now I just have to wait and hope that they will decide to perform again in the UK at some point.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Peavy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:08 pm

Lover Boy wrote:I"ll be flying all the way from Pennsylvania to see the band play in Vegas. It'll be my fifth time seeing them. It's funny though. There was a time when I never thought I'd get to see them. I wasn't born yet when Freddie was rocking the crown, and my parents wouldn't take me to see them when Paul Rodgers was fronting the group. So that said, I am so thankful for everything Adam has done to help bring Brian and Roger back on the road. Every time I see Queen + Adam Lambert I'm fully aware it pales in comparison to the legendary days of Freddie Mercury. But it really is a great time, and it gives me the ability to hear the closest thing possible to my favorite band. It always feels like a celebration.

Well said. It's the same for me (except going to Vegas^^), never cared for the Queen+ stuff until last year and by now I've seen them twice and for sure more times in the future if possible. It's so shitty when your favourite band has stopped before you could see them live (born 1989), so the QAL concerts are really special to me/us and only seeing half of the original magic is already incredible. I'm so glad I gave QAL a chance!

Peavy
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:48 pm

Brian‘s post with a little video to advertise the Vegas shows. He seems to be exited! :)

„Yes!!! Vegas IS happening! A new adventure! Better get those fingers hardened up! See ya there! (...)“
http://www.instagram.com/p/BmLrT2VB6qm/ ... v8b55sork3

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Peavy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Give me a QAL Blu-ray for christmas! :D

Worked last year with ELO, hehe.

Peavy
Spread Your Wings

Postby slightlymad1970 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:27 pm

Here are the boxscore results for the recent Gwen Stafani residency in Las Vegas. Hopefully we will get the Q+AL boxscore to see how they compare. None of her 12 shows sold out but it did generate over $5.5 million.

Gwen Stefani
Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas, Nev.
June 27, 29-30, July 3, 6-7, 11, 13-14, 18, 20-21, 2018
$5,552,746
40,514 / 48,147
12 / 0
$280.25, $251.91, $167.86, $104.11, $79.81
Caesars Entertainment/Live Nation

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby Nicki79 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:00 am

Peavy wrote:Give me a QAL Blu-ray for christmas! :D

Worked last year with ELO, hehe.

Maybe we really get lucky! :D
Wire Camera from the O2 in London:
http://www.instagram.com/p/Bk7v3O9j2PY/ ... q0ep772gmj

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby dazzag82 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:09 am

Will there be any changes to the set list?

Maybe im thinking too much like musical theatre, as I have only ever been to a Cirque du Soleil show in Vgeas, but will the show not be shorter than a normal concert ie about 90 mins and will it need to have an Interval?

dazzag82
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert