Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby Nicki79 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:57 am

Interesting numbers, thank you. You say, Lionel Richie is a bigger draw in the US? Then Queen’s numbers are better than good, up until now.
The Park Theatre holds about 5200 Seats for this show. Since the first three shows are said to have been sell-outs (they were at least close to!), they sold about 15 000 tickets only for these. Looks like a success for me. :)

So, will they be back in Vegas in February/March? I heard, that there is an option for that. Not sure, if that’s true or if I want that though. I prefer to see them in good old Europe. :lol:

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Nicki79 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:54 pm

Wow: The crowd at yesterday’s show sang „Happy Birthday“ for Freddie. Posted on twitter by the Mercury Phoenix Trust:
http://twitter.com/the_mpt/status/10376 ... 74080?s=21

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Nicki79 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:35 pm

Something for Roger-Fans: A close-up video of his drum battle (and Under Pressure).
phpBB [video]

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby PiscesGirl » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:10 am

I read that QAL are taking a 1 year break after Las Vegas?

PiscesGirl
Spread Your Wings

Postby sharon20 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:22 am

PiscesGirl wrote:I read that QAL are taking a 1 year break after Las Vegas?

Where did you read it? It's possibly true, Adam's been working on album 4 between QAL tour legs and did say a while ago that next year would probably be devoted to his solo stuff.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:14 pm

sharon20 wrote:

Where did you read it? It's possibly true, Adam's been working on album 4 between QAL tour legs and did say a while ago that next year would probably be devoted to his solo stuff.

I have only heard speculations by fans. Mainly by glamberts, who are simply sick of Adam touring with Queen. ;)

Adam will probably and finally release a new album, so he will need time to promote it. And hopefully later he will do a solo tour as well. But that doesn't mean,there will be no QAL. Both in 2015 (Adam released and promoted The Original High) and 2016 (solo tour of 4-5 months) he also toured with Queen. Their tours aren't that long and since they are "only" doing theit Greatest Hits, which Adam can surely sing in his sleep by now, they can easily fit that into his schedule. Adam already said in 2016: Going on tour with Queen is like having a vacation :lol:

There is already the rumour, that they will be back in Vegas in February/March.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby sharon20 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:56 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
sharon20 wrote:

I have only heard speculations by fans. Mainly by glamberts, who are simply sick of Adam touring with Queen. ;)

Adam will probably and finally release a new album, so he will need time to promote it. And hopefully later he will do a solo tour as well. But that doesn't mean,there will be no QAL. Both in 2015 (Adam released and promoted The Original High) and 2016 (solo tour of 4-5 months) he also toured with Queen. Their tours aren't that long and since they are "only" doing theit Greatest Hits, which Adam can surely sing in his sleep by now, they can easily fit that into his schedule. Adam already said in 2016: Going on tour with Queen is like having a vacation :lol:

There is already the rumour, that they will be back in Vegas in February/March.

Oooh that sounds good if it's true, must mean they're going down well, that's how it looks from the feedback and review I saw. Yeah I'm sure Adam could fit both in no problem I was just going off what he said but they do leave things open and flexible so I'm sure if they get offered something tasty they won't turn it down. Realistically it's a limited thing because of Brian & Roger's ages so I think they'll do as much as they can, health permitting, while they can.

I know some of Adam's fans are getting impatient, one's who aren't really into Queen I've seen some of the comments but I'm hoping it lasts a while longer yet, it's the perfect combination for me being a Queen, really hope they do another UK tour at some point.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:26 pm

A nice review from Vegas: http://lasvegassun.com/news/2018/sep/10 ... wn-jewels/
The audiences seem to love the show. All shows so far were announced as sold outs.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby fairydandy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Nicki79 wrote:I have only heard speculations by fans. Mainly by glamberts, who are simply sick of Adam touring with Queen. ;)

They should be thankful that his 10 minutes of fame has been extended to 15 minutes. Let's have some straight talking shall we? There isn't a Queen fan in the world who cares about Adam Lambert. We had the same thing when they toured with Paul Rodgers and now those Paul fans have long gone and no one gives a fuck on here or anywhere about him. It's that music, those songs, that nostalgia, it's nothing at all to do with Lambert.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby sharon20 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:23 am

fairydandy wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:I have only heard speculations by fans. Mainly by glamberts, who are simply sick of Adam touring with Queen. ;)

They should be thankful that his 10 minutes of fame has been extended to 15 minutes. Let's have some straight talking shall we? There isn't a Queen fan in the world who cares about Adam Lambert. We had the same thing when they toured with Paul Rodgers and now those Paul fans have long gone and no one gives a fuck on here or anywhere about him. It's that music, those songs, that nostalgia, it's nothing at all to do with Lambert.

You might be surprised if you take a trawl through facebook & twitter, lots of long time Queen fans, one's who saw Freddie multiple times who now see the shows and more surprisingly defend Adam, well actually not that surprising to me but I'm sure to you and the handful who continually have a go.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:58 am

fairydandy wrote: There isn't a Queen fan in the world who cares about Adam Lambert.

What, you don't think I'm a Queen fan?

We had the same thing when they toured with Paul Rodgers and now those Paul fans have long gone and no one gives a fuck on here or anywhere about him.

I was a big fan of Paul's work before Q+PR was a thing, and I still am. One of the best singers in the history of rock not named Freddie Mercury, IMO. I'd even say Bad Company's first album is one of the best debut albums ever.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby fairydandy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:08 am

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
I was a big fan of Paul's work before Q+PR was a thing, and I still am. One of the best singers in the history of rock not named Freddie Mercury, IMO. I'd even say Bad Company's first album is one of the best debut albums ever.

We had many Paul Rodgers fans on this board, supporting Paul...and sort of tolerating Queen, pretending even that they liked them (much as Paul Rodgers did himself, I suppose), but always having an ulterior motive for being here. It's the same thing now with Lambert. The minute this whole thing ends, they will disappear along with their 'Greatest Hits' love for this band. They know next to nothing about this band, they pretend that they do, just so they can try and sell him to the majority of QOL who simply couldn't care less.

The Lambert fans are what they are (and in most cases that makes them vacuous bimbo's) following this very dull X Factor third placer through his 10 minutes of fame. Nothing wrong with that necessarily, but surely he has his own website for such nonsense? Everytime I have a look in this section there is some bozo posting a Lambert video of him screeching his way through some Queen classic or another. I don't see many Queen fans flocking to Vegas, I don't see many Queen fans even discussing this project, or the latest post of the said screechings. I maintain that no one actually cares anymore. Personally, I only visit this section to wind up the Lambert fans and I am usually successful in that too. :)

By the way, he's getting really fat again and someone should tell him that those ridiculous clothes that he wears aren't hiding it. :roll:

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby sharon20 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:32 am

fairydandy wrote:
The__KingOfRhye wrote:

We had many Paul Rodgers fans on this board, supporting Paul...and sort of tolerating Queen, pretending even that they liked them (much as Paul Rodgers did himself, I suppose), but always having an ulterior motive for being here. It's the same thing now with Lambert. The minute this whole thing ends, they will disappear along with their 'Greatest Hits' love for this band. They know next to nothing about this band, they pretend that they do, just so they can try and sell him to the majority of QOL who simply couldn't care less.

The Lambert fans are what they are (and in most cases that makes them vacuous bimbo's) following this very dull X Factor third placer through his 10 minutes of fame. Nothing wrong with that necessarily, but surely he has his own website for such nonsense? Everytime I have a look in this section there is some bozo posting a Lambert video of him screeching his way through some Queen classic or another. I don't see many Queen fans flocking to Vegas, I don't see many Queen fans even discussing this project, or the latest post of the said screechings. I maintain that no one actually cares anymore. Personally, I only visit this section to wind up the Lambert fans and I am usually successful in that too. :)

By the way, he's getting really fat again and someone should tell him that those ridiculous clothes that he wears aren't hiding it. :roll:

Don't see what weight has to do with singing, it never stopped Pavarotti, but perhaps a trip to specsavers is in order since you're wrong about that as it goes, which you'd know if you saw pics of him once he's off stage and takes off the "ridiculous" multiple layered clothes he wears on stage, but I won't be an annoying glambert and post one!!

Second place actually and while there are some fans of Adam's who aren't into Queen and likely will disappear once the collaboration is over there's some who were already Queen fans and some who have become Queen fans through the collab.

As you just pointed out you come on the QAL section to wind up "Lambert" fans so by default that makes it likely Queen fans who also like QAL have to wade through all the negativity as well, probably the reason a lot can't be bothered to post much about it despite going to shows.

You're burying your head in the sand if you really think no Queen fans are going to these shows, obviously the Vegas residency will attract people on holiday who just like to see shows and probably don't know more than a handful of hits but there's loads of posts by Queen fans on instagram & twitter after the shows as well. You don't personally have to like it but lots do, no point trying to twist the facts. Oh and I'm a Queen fan since 1974 so no ulterior motive.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby fairydandy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:42 am

sharon20 wrote:
You're burying your head in the sand if you really think no Queen fans are going to these shows, obviously the Vegas residency will attract people on holiday who just like to see shows and probably don't know more than a handful of hits but there's loads of posts by Queen fans on instagram & twitter after the shows as well. You don't personally have to like it but lots do, no point trying to twist the facts. Oh and I'm a Queen fan since 1974 so no ulterior motive.

I'm intrigued by the term 'residency', as I always assumed that meant like a whole season of shows, not just a few dates. I suppose I can understand it, because Vegas will treat them like superstars and there will be the private planes, the best hotels, the absolute maximum of everything...but I have to wonder what on earth they are doing playing the cabaret circuit in Vegas for? Their WWRY show was hated in Vegas even though it struggled on for a year, but no one was really interested. This latest episode won't create more than a ripple apart from amongst the casual middle aged visitors who couldn't even name the drummer or the guitarist, but they saw the fat bloke who sings on the X Factor. :?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby sharon20 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:05 am

fairydandy wrote:
sharon20 wrote:

I'm intrigued by the term 'residency', as I always assumed that meant like a whole season of shows, not just a few dates. I suppose I can understand it, because Vegas will treat them like superstars and there will be the private planes, the best hotels, the absolute maximum of everything...but I have to wonder what on earth they are doing playing the cabaret circuit in Vegas for? Their WWRY show was hated in Vegas even though it struggled on for a year, but no one was really interested. This latest episode won't create more than a ripple apart from amongst the casual middle aged visitors who couldn't even name the drummer or the guitarist, but they saw the fat bloke who sings on the X Factor. :?

Ha ha, behind the times aren't you, Aerosmith are signed up for the same place next year and loads of acts you wouldn't have seen within a mile are giving it a go now, it's very lucrative. It's classed as a limited engagement residency, probably a test the water type thing but judging from the response it's a resounding success and no they aren't all casual visitors, plenty are travelling specifically to see them, you should acquaint yourself with the current social media if you really want to make an argument!!

And I'm sure they are being well looked after, who'd say no to that if it were offered, but they don't really need a private plane as an incentive they use one for part of the normal tours anyway. And you really can't compare the WWRY show to seeing half the original band, much as I'm sure you'll argue it's more like the WWRY show, but I've seen both live so I know the difference.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert