Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby sharon20 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:07 pm

icy wrote:
sharon20 wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:I don’t think, that playing one or two songs with other musicians would be a problem. On a 10 days „reign“ it might even be a nice change.
And they might start that in Glasgow: it’s said, that the Darkness is going to play at bit with them.
By the way:Adam always takes little breaks in the set, when Brian or Roger take over. So another artist might be welcome. ;)

Maybe it's just me then but I was glad I didn't get tickets for Glasgow after I heard what Justin said about joining them, but then I'm not a fan of his voice, aside from that one song from way back.

What song? The one he gave AL?

No the quirky "I believe in a thing called love". I didn't like the one he gave Adam.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Tue May 08, 2018 11:09 pm

Elessar wrote:The Killers seem to be in Canada in early September anyway, so chances are their schedules won’t match up. And I’ve no idea if they’ve ever mixed in the same circles so it’s literally just fanciful speculation on my part. Plus Brandon Flowers doesn’t even live in Vegas any more; I think his family moved to Utah for personal reasons relating to his wife.

Spoiler! :
We Canucks can give him back for a night :lol: ;)
You weren't the first or last to speculate. Usually it's AL if he will sing the Bowie, George Michael tributes. Your posts are refreshing actually.
Brandon is a great, great man. I looked things up and I stand by that even more. My best to him and his family
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby sharon20 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:10 pm

Elessar wrote:
sharon20 wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:I don’t think, that playing one or two songs with other musicians would be a problem. On a 10 days „reign“ it might even be a nice change.
And they might start that in Glasgow: it’s said, that the Darkness is going to play at bit with them.
By the way:Adam always takes little breaks in the set, when Brian or Roger take over. So another artist might be welcome. ;)

Maybe it's just me then but I was glad I didn't get tickets for Glasgow after I heard what Justin said about joining them, but then I'm not a fan of his voice, aside from that one song from way back.

Why are you on first name terms with all these people that you don’t like?

First name terms? Not sure what that means. I know the names of loads of musicians, I don't have to like them to be familiar with what they do and what they're called.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby Elessar » Tue May 08, 2018 11:12 pm

sharon20 wrote:
Elessar wrote:
sharon20 wrote:Maybe it's just me then but I was glad I didn't get tickets for Glasgow after I heard what Justin said about joining them, but then I'm not a fan of his voice, aside from that one song from way back.

First name terms? Not sure what that means. I know the names of loads of musicians, I don't have to like them to be familiar with what they do and what they're called.

Just seems weird to be talking about how much you dislike ‘Brandon’ and ‘Justin’. Never mind.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby icy » Tue May 08, 2018 11:13 pm

Elessar wrote:
icy wrote:

Thanks for being reasonable :D
Roger's son Rufus plays with The Darkness, somid be surprised, shocked even, if TD or Rufus don't play with Brian and Roger, or vice versa. I'm not a Darkness fan, but it could be fun.
I'd welcome another artist or more... especially if these shows will be last for Brian and Roger. It will selfish not to give someone else a chance.

They were supposed to do some songs together - I believe Seven Seas of Rhye and Now I’m Here - way back in 2005 with Q+PR at Hyde Park, but the show was postponed by a week due to the London bombing and I don’t think they could do the rescheduled date.

I remember Pastie or Taryn telling me that ( where is Taryn these days :-( ) . Too bad it couldn't be worked out, it could have been a highlight.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Elessar » Tue May 08, 2018 11:14 pm

icy wrote:
Elessar wrote:The Killers seem to be in Canada in early September anyway, so chances are their schedules won’t match up. And I’ve no idea if they’ve ever mixed in the same circles so it’s literally just fanciful speculation on my part. Plus Brandon Flowers doesn’t even live in Vegas any more; I think his family moved to Utah for personal reasons relating to his wife.

Spoiler! :
You weren't the first or last to speculate. Usually it's AL if he will sing the Bowie, George Michael tributes. Your posts are refreshing actually.
Brandon is a great, great man. I looked things up and I stand by that even more. My best to him and his family

She has some sort of complex PTSD (??) related to her life in Vegas prior to meeting Flowers, so they’ve moved to Salt Lake City for some sort of weird wholesome Mormon life. Most of the new album seems to be about her really. And he cut short his solo tour because she was struggling back home.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby icy » Tue May 08, 2018 11:19 pm

Elessar wrote:
icy wrote:

Spoiler! :

She has some sort of complex PTSD (??) related to her life in Vegas prior to meeting Flowers, so they’ve moved to Salt Lake City for some sort of weird wholesome Mormon life. Most of the new album seems to be about her really. And he cut short his solo tour because she was struggling back home.

Spoiler! :
I read about some of that yesterday. I had no idea about most of it. I wish the whole family the best. Have you heard the album? I haven't.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Nicki79 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:20 pm

icy wrote:Thanks for being reasonable :D
Roger's son Rufus plays with The Darkness, somid be surprised, shocked even, if TD or Rufus don't play with Brian and Roger, or vice versa. I'm not a Darkness fan, but it could be fun.
I'd welcome another artist or more... especially if these shows will be last for Brian and Roger. It will selfish not to give someone else a chance.

1. I know, that Rufus plays with them. It’s why he doesn’t tour with QAL anymore. :)

2. I still don’t think, that Brian and Roger will play their last concert outside of the UK. Not, if they can help it! So as long as they stay healthy, I wouldn’t worry about that.

3. I wouldn’t call it „selfish“, if they didn’t give other artists a chance to sing with them. I‘m completely OK with short appearances though, as long as the band wants it AND the singer is capable of singing... ( and I think Nate Russ did OK, so my expectations are not too high...). :lol:

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Elessar » Tue May 08, 2018 11:22 pm

icy wrote:
Elessar wrote:
icy wrote:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
I read about some of that yesterday. I had no idea about most of it. I wish the whole family the best. Have you heard the album? I haven't.

The first half is good and then it tails off a bit. And I saw them a couple of times at the end of last year on their UK your - they always put on a good show. They’re doing a few ‘small’ stadium shows (ie ~25,000) this summer and I’d like to get to one of them.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby sharon20 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:28 pm

Elessar wrote:[

First name terms? Not sure what that means. I know the names of loads of musicians, I don't have to like them to be familiar with what they do and what they're called.[/quote]

Just seems weird to be talking about how much you dislike ‘Brandon’ and ‘Justin’. Never mind.[/quote]

I didn't actually say I dislike Brandon, I like the Killers and some of the covers he's done, I just don't really think his voice fits with Queen music.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Tue May 08, 2018 11:28 pm

Elessar wrote:
The first half is good and then it tails off a bit. And I saw them a couple of times st the end of last year on their UK your - they always put on a good show. They’re doing a few ‘small’ stadium shows (ie ~25,000) this summer and I’d like to get to one of them.

Spoiler! :
I saw it for sale a few months back, but I didn't buy it. Maybe I should buy it, but be in the right frame of mind to give it a listen, it's the only album by the band I don't own.
I hope you get the chance to see them. Good luck with it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Tue May 08, 2018 11:31 pm

sharon20 wrote:
No the quirky "I believe in a thing called love". I didn't like the one he gave Adam.

Music Again is bloody painful to hear, by Justin Hawkins and AL. :lol:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby sharon20 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:42 pm

icy wrote:
sharon20 wrote:

Just went back and listened to it to make sure and yeah it's god awful.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Wed May 09, 2018 2:07 am

sharon20 wrote:
icy wrote:
sharon20 wrote:

Just went back and listened to it to make sure and yeah it's god awful.

It's not often I agree with an Adam fan, and vice versa, but Music Again is hardly the best that AL and J.H ever did. You are right, it's God awful. Both artists have done much better than this song.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby snifflese » Wed May 09, 2018 4:42 am

If I am going to pay big bucks for a concert then I don't want to hear other people singing. That applies to all bands not just QAL. When seeing Iron Maiden, I want Bruce Dickenson or Judas Priest with his band. I don't want a bunch of random singers having a little fun on the stage. Concerts are expensive after hotels, food, tickets and flights if applicable, so I want what I signed up for, not any deviations.I thought Lady Gaga was quite bad as was Nate! Listened to a bunch of you tubes for Brandon Flowers and he just doesn't have the voice for Queen. I pay to see QAL, not some random singer and I have a feeling the majority of concert goers are expecting Brian, Roger and Adam.

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert