Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby icy » Wed May 09, 2018 4:53 am

snifflese wrote:If I am going to pay big bucks for a concert then I don't want to hear other people singing. That applies to all bands not just QAL. When seeing Iron Maiden, I want Bruce Dickenson or Judas Priest with his band. I don't want a bunch of random singers having a little fun on the stage. Concerts are expensive after hotels, food, tickets and flights if applicable, so I want what I signed up for, not any deviations.I thought Lady Gaga was quite bad as was Nate! Listened to a bunch of you tubes for Brandon Flowers and he just doesn't have the voice for Queen. I pay to see QAL, not some random singer and I have a feeling the majority of concert goers are expecting Brian, Roger and Adam.

What keeps popping up in my mind, if these are the last shows, then why not have other artists sing a Queen song? Queen's influence is huge, and they paved the way for so many artists, you mentioned Lady GaGa, she is one of those artists.
What do you feel Lady GaGa was quite bad? No, she wasn't perfect, but I thought it was cool to see her give it a go. She has proved she can work and sing with many other artists. Hell, she surprised me with her work with Tony Bennett, she did that very well.
I do think Brandon Flowers could pull of at least some songs in the Queen catalogue, I'd love to hear him go for It's Late and Save Me. Was It All Worth It for the heavier songs.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby sharon20 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:47 am

icy wrote:
snifflese wrote:If I am going to pay big bucks for a concert then I don't want to hear other people singing. That applies to all bands not just QAL. When seeing Iron Maiden, I want Bruce Dickenson or Judas Priest with his band. I don't want a bunch of random singers having a little fun on the stage. Concerts are expensive after hotels, food, tickets and flights if applicable, so I want what I signed up for, not any deviations.I thought Lady Gaga was quite bad as was Nate! Listened to a bunch of you tubes for Brandon Flowers and he just doesn't have the voice for Queen. I pay to see QAL, not some random singer and I have a feeling the majority of concert goers are expecting Brian, Roger and Adam.

What keeps popping up in my mind, if these are the last shows, then why not have other artists sing a Queen song? Queen's influence is huge, and they paved the way for so many artists, you mentioned Lady GaGa, she is one of those artists.
What do you feel Lady GaGa was quite bad? No, she wasn't perfect, but I thought it was cool to see her give it a go. She has proved she can work and sing with many other artists. Hell, she surprised me with her work with Tony Bennett, she did that very well.
I do think Brandon Flowers could pull of at least some songs in the Queen catalogue, I'd love to hear him go for It's Late and Save Me. Was It All Worth It for the heavier songs.

I doubt these are there last shows, I think they would announce it if they were intending it to be the last tour. When they do finally decide to stop I think they could have a show like the tribute one where a bunch of different people do a song or two each. Billed as such it's fine, you know what you're getting but like snifleese if I were seeing QAL that's who I'd want to see. For example I love Adam's version of Save Me so I would really peed off if I was expecting that and they decided to get someone else up to sing it instead.

As to the GaGa appearance I thought it sounded a mess. She's a good singer and rehearsed there would be some songs she could pull off but AOBTD wouldn't be my first choice for her.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Milkman » Wed May 09, 2018 8:56 am

snifflese wrote: I want Bruce Dickenson or Judas Priest with his band.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Led Zeppelin needs to get his band back together. Maybe he could get Adam to play the drums.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed May 09, 2018 12:02 pm

snifflese wrote:If I am going to pay big bucks for a concert then I don't want to hear other people singing.

Now you know how many Queen fans felt then.

But, seriously, QAL is not a proper band (in the sense that they are only a touring band and have never put an album out, etc.) so I do not think it makes a difference if they add some other singers to tackle the catalogue. And, apart from Adam fans, I should think other concert goers would be more than happy to pay for a ticket that not only includes Lambert and Queen but one or two other quality performers too.

If Lady Gaga walked out on stage and performed a couple of tracks (as she die with AOBTD with Lambert a few years back), I honestly do not think there would be anyone moaning that Adam did not sing all the tracks.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed May 09, 2018 12:08 pm

The Milkman wrote:

Led Zeppelin needs to get his band back together. Maybe he could get Adam to play the drums.

I heard a rumour the other day that The Rolling Stones is hoping to convince the other band members to tour again; he ain't getting any younger though, old TRS (like the rest of them).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby CNB » Wed May 09, 2018 1:38 pm

Lady Gaga is supposed to do a residency at the same place in Vegas in December. If you want to see her, go to HER show! Same thing for Brandon Flowers and The Killers!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed May 09, 2018 4:20 pm

CNB wrote:Lady Gaga is supposed to do a residency at the same place in Vegas in December. If you want to see her, go to HER show! Same thing for Brandon Flowers and The Killers!

No.

You're missing the point. We are specifically talking about Queen playing alongside other artists at Vegas. And this is a Queen show; therefore Queen fans have every right to suggest some other worthy performers.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Wed May 09, 2018 5:13 pm

CNB wrote:Lady Gaga is supposed to do a residency at the same place in Vegas in December. If you want to see her, go to HER show! Same thing for Brandon Flowers and The Killers!

Yes, I’m sure that’s the attitude Elton John fans had when he ruined his show for everyone by getting George Michael on-stage for a universally panned version of Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me.

And who can forget that time when David Gilmour spoiled his entire set by getting David fucking Bowie on to sing Comfortably Numb, in what would be his last ever UK performance?

And I’m sure fans of the Bootleg Beatles were furious when instead of seeing their favourite bassist, they had to put up with Paul McShittingCartney instead.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby AngelR » Wed May 09, 2018 5:34 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
The Milkman wrote:

I heard a rumour the other day that The Rolling Stones is hoping to convince the other band members to tour again; he ain't getting any younger though, old TRS (like the rest of them).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You guys are hilarious!!!

I'm really looking forward to the 'rumoured" supergroup with the Darkness this summer, but I'm a fan so might be biased.
I enjoy different interpretations of Queen songs.
Here is another guest singer from the Queen + AL tour not mentioned above, she's a famous singer-songwriter in Russia.
phpBB [video]

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Wed May 09, 2018 7:21 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:

No.

You're missing the point. We are specifically talking about Queen playing alongside other artists at Vegas. And this is a Queen show; therefore Queen fans have every right to suggest some other worthy performers.

That’s fine but it IS being promoted as a Queen + Adam Lambert show! If other artists get invited to join in that would be fine. There are many celebrities in Vegas on a daily basis. Hmmm, I wonder if Donny and Marie know any Queen songs! Donny used to be “a little bit of rock ‘n roll!”
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Wed May 09, 2018 7:33 pm

Some of us know how you feel about Lady GaGa.
Another artist joining Brian and Roger for a song wouldn't hurt anyone.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Wed May 09, 2018 7:38 pm

CNB wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

No.

That’s fine but it IS being promoted as a Queen + Adam Lambert show! If other artists get invited to join in that would be fine. There are many celebrities in Vegas on a daily basis. Hmmm, I wonder if Donny and Marie know any Queen songs! Donny used to be “a little bit of rock ‘n roll!”

Of all the people, you thought about Donny and Marie :lol: :lol:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby CNB » Wed May 09, 2018 8:05 pm

I just saw D & M last year at the Flamingo where I was staying! They still put on a great show!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Wed May 09, 2018 8:36 pm

CNB wrote:I just saw D & M last year at the Flamingo where I was staying! They still put on a great show!

Hey, Brian and Roger, in case you ever want to replace Adam Lambert, Donny and Marie put on a great show!
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby CNB » Fri May 11, 2018 5:33 pm

icy wrote:
CNB wrote:I just saw D & M last year at the Flamingo where I was staying! They still put on a great show!

Hey, Brian and Roger, in case you ever want to replace Adam Lambert, Donny and Marie put on a great show!

Ha! Ha! THAT will never happen!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert