Queen and Adam Lambert in June

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Queen and Adam Lambert in June

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:01 pm

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby AngelR » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:25 am

Nearly flawless :rockon:

phpBB [video]

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby daga » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:22 am

Only just my observation. This year I think less joy of fans about gigs?! Less post on QOL, less post on FB?!

daga
Spread Your Wings

Polish Queen Fanclub

Postby AngelR » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:37 am

daga wrote:Only just my observation. This year I think less joy of fans about gigs?! Less post on QOL, less post on FB?!

There are plenty of very positive posts on FB, I think. The majority of us saw this show last year (some of us multiple times in different countries), so it was all discussed a hundred times. I'm excited about seeing them again next Monday regerdless :)

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby sharon20 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:21 pm

AngelR wrote:
daga wrote:Only just my observation. This year I think less joy of fans about gigs?! Less post on QOL, less post on FB?!

There are plenty of very positive posts on FB, I think. The majority of us saw this show last year (some of us multiple times in different countries), so it was all discussed a hundred times. I'm excited about seeing them again next Monday regerdless :)

I've noticed on facebook the Queen page has been very limited in posting about QAL for the last few weeks. Previously they posted every gig along with a set list but this time there's been no set lists and hardly any posts at all. I'm wondering if it's because of all the aggro with the few die hards and Martel fans that they've just decided to limit it. As a consequence there isn't as many people posting reviews but on Twitter and insta there's a lot of fans posting positive comments.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby AlexKx » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:39 pm

What's been going on with Martel?

Well, it is time for them to record a studio long play! At the least start recording new music even it goes into the vaults and or some are released as singles and maybe some extended plays...

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby Nicki79 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:00 pm

AlexKx wrote:What's been going on with Martel?

Well, it is time for them to record a studio long play! At the least start recording new music even it goes into the vaults and or some are released as singles and maybe some extended plays...

Nothing is going on with Martel. There are just a few fans, who prefer his voice over Adam’s. They always criticize Brian and Roger for choosing the wrong singer.
And yes, they should record something with Adam. BUT I don’t see that happen. At the moment I would be more than happy with a of a blue ray of a concert.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby TheHero » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:50 pm

phpBB [video]

Exceptional view in this videoclip. (Watch, I mean WATCH the confetti at the end). :o

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby TheHero » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:53 pm

phpBB [video]

Perfect solo, perfect vocals and everything!

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby liliane » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:37 am

musicalprostitute wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:Having recently viewed many of the uploaded QAL clips on YouTube, I have to confess that I believe this outing their best yet. And I do not mean just in terms of the production side of things or set list, etc. I mean more in the sense that they have really nailed it as a group. They seem more natural now and have really grown into something quite special.

I am a diehard. Yet I have always remained open-minded about QAL. And I have always stated that they are not for me, but good luck to all those who do dig them. Now I feel as if I would actually go and watch them perform - which I would never have done before. The music is the thing that does it...but, boy, does it help that it is performed by two absolute musical legends who can still play on fire and a lead singer with a voice that is in a class of its own (and I say that as a Freddie worshipper). Adam's vocals on this tour (well, the clips I have seen) are out of this world and - at times - quite, quite beautiful.

Also, whereas before I saw Queen and QAL as two very separate identities, I now see them more connected. Quite simply, it is the continuation of a legacy fronted by a man who has earnt his right to be up there on that stage singing those songs. Adam really has become part of the Queen family.

Maybe you should think about going, as long as they are still touring. :) I saw, that there are still a few tickets for the London gigs next week available.
For me the Show on Tuesday was the best show, I have seen from them. And like you said: Adam has become a part of Queen: In this last interview from Irish TV, Adam is talking about Queen and their songs and suddenly changes from „they“ to „we“. :lol: (about 5-6 minutes into the interview).

I am seriously considering going.

I, too, noticed that Adam used 'we' for the first time when talking about the songs. As a Queen fan I took no offence at all to that: at the end of the day he is singing those songs night after night with Brian and Roger - and has been doing so for six/seven years now (?); why shouldn't he say 'we' instead of 'they''? Of course they will always be Queen songs as opposed to QAL songs, but he is helping to extend the life of those songs, as well as bring them to a whole new audience...

...and I just feel deep in my soul that Freddie would have adored Adam on stage, vocally and show-wise. Yep, the man has definitely earned a place as a part of this band.

Musicalprostitute, even though I have not posted much lately due to real life getting quite hectic, I was really happy to read that you were considering maybe going to a show. I always enjoy conversing with you and always respected your view that QAL was not for you. Since the two shows in London have been called one of the best QAL shows ever, I was wondering if you went or are going to the third show tomorrow. Anyway, since you have not mentioned it, probably not but if you did or will go to a show, let me know what you think :) I really love QAL, have seen them 6 times and will see them in Vegas again :)

liliane
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:47 pm

liliane wrote:
Musicalprostitute, even though I have not posted much lately due to real life getting quite hectic, I was really happy to read that you were considering maybe going to a show. I always enjoy conversing with you and always respected your view that QAL was not for you. Since the two shows in London have been called one of the best QAL shows ever, I was wondering if you went or are going to the third show tomorrow. Anyway, since you have not mentioned it, probably not but if you did or will go to a show, let me know what you think :) I really love QAL, have seen them 6 times and will see them in Vegas again :)

Ah, thank you for your kind words, Liliane - I enjoy conversing with yourself too (you are always so courteous and decent).

You speak of your life recently being hectic; I hope things are ok and that you are just busy and not going through anything bad, etc.

You know, I wish I had bought tickets for one of the London shows. Having recently watched some of the clips on YouTube, I honestly think they are on fire. Adam is finding his feet more now and becoming much more comfortable (he just has to drop those awful jokes) and his voice just seems to be getting stronger and more natural to my ear. Brian and Roger make me smile - just seeing them so happy up there (and they are both playing like absolute kings); who would ever want to deny them such joy at this stage in their career? Not me, certainly. Yep, QAL have evolved into something quite, quite special now I feel...

...now just got to pray they do some more live shows in the UK before they finally call it a day!

Take care. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Nicki79 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:27 pm

Tonight is the third and last show in London (O2). It seems the other shows were more than great from what I‘ve read on different social media and reviews. I don’t know, if people here are really interested (sometimes I felt like I‘m talking to myself in this thread), but here are two reviews from London. And the good news (at least to me :D ): Both shows in the O2 are filmed!!! I have finally my hopes up for a live recording!!‘ :D Especially since the band AND the audience were on fire and without (noticeable?) mistakes in the first show. Today is the second one and then they should have really great material for finally releasing a DVD/Blu Ray.

QUEEN AND ADAM LAMBERT CHANNEL THE SPIRIT OF FREDDIE MERCURY AT LONDON'S O2 ARENA - REVIEW. http://www.attitude.co.uk/article/queen ... w-1/18395/ (It’s a gay magazine. Just so you know, why they are talking about being gay in that review).

Another review (O2, 2.7.2018) with a lot of pictures.
https://highwire-magazine.com/2018/07/0 ... o2-london/

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:21 pm

The Mexican Wave is rolling through the O2 in London, while the second gig here is about to start.
Possible streams (audio): http://mixlr.com/miachihu/
http://mixlr.com/mrose876/

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby deakysghost » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:38 pm

I was at first London o2 gig. This is only my opinion of the show.

The entrance to the arena security scan (like an airport) seemed fairly pointless, the scanners bleeped but I did not see anyone searched. I appreciate the reason for the security but felt this method st o2 only paid lip service and was neither effective or reassuring. It also slowed up entry for those of us standing.

The show was as per Winter 2017, same script and props. It’s a great shame that Adam Lambert continues to stick to the same lines, especially the “i’m not Freddie” which we know. I thought Roger Taylor looked awful and when he talks it is hard to make out what he’s saying. He also doesn’t seem to be fit now for the physically demanding job of drumming, Tyler Warren seems to be carrying him for much of the show. Someone really needs to tell him the drum solo is awful, no beat or structure, and sounds like an infant banging pots! Brian in comparison seems fit and to be enjoying the moment.

The set list is now well known and holds no surprises. The sound mix was great except on Lambert’s solo song which was a bit loud and made it messy.

It will be interesting to hear the show outdoors in Glasgow & Dublin.

All in all the show was a 2 hour victory lap, ticking off the hits and getting the right audience response. The show was enjoyable but maybe now the finish line is in sight

deakysghost
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:50 pm

I really like this "review" from A-Z.
Stories from the moshpit: Queen and Adam Lambert London July 2nd 2018
https://www.storiesfromthemoshpit.com/g ... y-2nd-2018

An A- Z of Queen and Adam Lambert

A is for ADAM: Lambert showing yet again what a performer he is. Such a strong voice. The perfect front man to play the classic songs

B is for BICYCLE RACE: Adam on a bike. With flowers. Why the hell not

C is for CRAZY LITTLE THING CALLED LOVE: The band huddled together at the front playing the Freddie classic. Major love

D is for DRUM BATTLE: Roger at the front and Tyler Warren back on stage for one of the better drum solos you will see

E is for EDNEY: The unofficial 5th member of Queen. Spike has seen it, done it and got many a T-Shirt...Spikey Says Bollocks indeed

F is for FAT BOTTOMED GIRLS: Lambert belts it out and hams it up with great gusto. Magnificent and still an absolute belter of a song

G is for GUITAR GOD: He may not be Liam Gallagher's favourite guitar player but what the hell does that Manc idiot know. Dr. May is an absolute legend and hope I get many more chances to see him live

H is for HEROES: The show ends, we leave and it's Bowie's Heroes that plays over the tannoy, tonight though is all about May, Taylor & Lambert

I is for I'M IN LOVE WITH MY CAR: Roger doing his thing. No better drummer for me (admittedly I may be biased) and possessor of one of the best rock voices around...that husky voice still sounds bloody sexy

J is for JOHN DEACON: Would love to see my favourite bass player on stage one more time but he is enjoying his retirement and all power to him. Thank you for all the songs Deaky

K is for KILLER QUEEN: Just the perfect song for Adam Lambert. This guy has talent in spades and spades

L is for LOVE OF MY LIFE: Major goosebumps seeing Brian duet with the crowd...with a little bit of help from Freddie

M is for MERCURY: Man I miss Fred. I'm the same age now as he was when he died which makes me realise how bloody young he was. Seeing him on the screen here brings a lump to the throat

N is for NEIL FAIRCLOUGH: I so wish John Deacon was up on stage but in his absence Neil does a great job...and always with a smile on his face

O is for O2 ARENA: Ok...so passing a Harvester on your way in to the venue isn't very rock and roll but those days have gone. This arena is one of the better ones with good sound and helpful staff

P is for PINT: Had half a pint. Cost me £5.50 #London

Q Is for QUEEN: I grew up listening to Queen. My brothers played their records. My parents played them. The next door neighbour had them on 24 / 7. I had no choice but to love this band...44 years later I still do

R Is for ROGER TAYLOR: He looks like Uncle Albert but he is still rocking and rolling like the best of them. Love that man. Wanted to be like him when I was a kid...and now hope I am like him when I am a pensioner

S Is for SOMEBODY TO LOVE: My favourite Queen song. Really miss Freddie singing it...nobody does it better...but Adam belts it out in style

T Is for TEAR IT UP: One of Queen's best heavier songs. So great to hear the vastly underrated rocker

U Is for UNDER PRESSURE: A song now 37 years old. Both singers now sadly gone and so badly missed

V Is for VIDEO SCREENS: Technology has come a long way. The days of small screens just showing a few angles of the stage are long gone. The set up here is so well thought out and enhances rather than takes away from the band on its stage

W Is for WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER: Wow. This guy can sing

X Is for THE CROSS: Alright I was struggling with this. But X is a cross right? Roger's 'other band' was also called The Cross. I once met one of their members...didn't go too well...

Y Is for YOU TUBE: An old gripe yes...but to those watching the show through their mobile phones...there has to be a better way guys...

Z Is for ZZZ: Tired of hearing the naysayers. This isn't Queen. We know that. This is Queen and Adam Lambert. They are doing just fine. Put any preconceptions to one side as these guys are a must see band

Ticket: July 2nd 2018 / Wrist Band

Ticket Price: £69.00

Set Lists:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queen-ad ... a7cdd.html

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert