Queen and Adam Lambert in June

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Queen and Adam Lambert in June

Postby Peavy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:28 am

Nicki79 wrote:Tonight is the third and last show in London (O2). It seems the other shows were more than great from what I‘ve read on different social media and reviews. I don’t know, if people here are really interested (sometimes I felt like I‘m talking to myself in this thread), but here are two reviews from London. And the good news (at least to me :D ): Both shows in the O2 are filmed!!! I have finally my hopes up for a live recording!!‘ :D Especially since the band AND the audience were on fire and without (noticeable?) mistakes in the first show. Today is the second one and then they should have really great material for finally releasing a DVD/Blu Ray.

Awesome! I also would like to finally have an official live recording from QAL and I hope the O2 shows were filmed for a Blu-ray! :cool:
If there is one thing I want from Queen, it's more live releases on DVD/Blu-ray...of course the missing 70s shows, maybe even some bootleg-known 80s shows in far better quality, but also a QAL show! :) (and the 77 documentary on a single disc...)

Peavy
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:35 am

I just hope, they will release the recording this time. Fingers crossed!!!! :). )Not my picture, it’s from someone, who attended the first show in the O2.)
Attachments
BE564084-BF7E-43B2-9588-3A266CD01CC9.jpeg

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby soxtalon » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:43 am

Nicki79 wrote: Both shows in the O2 are filmed!!! I have finally my hopes up for a live recording!!‘ :D Especially since the band AND the audience were on fire and without (noticeable?) mistakes in the first show. Today is the second one and then they should have really great material for finally releasing a DVD/Blu Ray.

They film all their gigs. It doesn't really mean that anything is truly planned.

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Nicki79 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:06 am

soxtalon wrote:
Nicki79 wrote: Both shows in the O2 are filmed!!! I have finally my hopes up for a live recording!!‘ :D Especially since the band AND the audience were on fire and without (noticeable?) mistakes in the first show. Today is the second one and then they should have really great material for finally releasing a DVD/Blu Ray.

They film all their gigs. It doesn't really mean that anything is truly planned.

Thanks, but I do know that. They film them with 5 cameras for the screens. Do you want to know, where the cameras are positioned and who is running them? I could tell you. :cool:

From what I‘ve heard, these two concerts were filmed for TV/DVD. People were told so. The picture in my last post suggests that as well and some of the equipment can be seen in videos. :)

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Peavy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:46 am

It's a difference if they film it for the monitors and themselves, or if they put more effort in it for a DVD/Blu-ray. Usually they don't mention it if it's not for the latter intention...

Peavy
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:04 pm

Here is a video of „Radio GaGa“ (full song) from last night. I can see two additional cameras, one filming the audience as well. Plus there is a „sound-man“, recording the audio of the audience. You can see even more little tech-equipment all around the stage, that usually isn’t there.
phpBB [video]

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby cmsdrums » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Nicki79 wrote:I just hope, they will release the recording this time. Fingers crossed!!!! :). )Not my picture, it’s from someone, who attended the first show in the O2.)

Why are they only releasing on DVD? Surely in this day and age everything should be recorded and released in hi-def on Blu Ray (and download)?

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby soxtalon » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:58 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
soxtalon wrote:

Thanks, but I do know that. They film them with 5 cameras for the screens. Do you want to know, where the cameras are positioned and who is running them? I could tell you. :cool:

From what I‘ve heard, these two concerts were filmed for TV/DVD. People were told so. The picture in my last post suggests that as well and some of the equipment can be seen in videos. :)

Yes and they've done this exact things several times over the course of the QAL tours...Several different gigs and we've seen exactly one (Japan only) release. So I'm just saying that this doesn't mean anything is definitively planned for release. I'm not saying it's impossible. But I've seen the same posts on many occasions over the years.

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Nicki79 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:36 pm

soxtalon wrote:Yes and they've done this exact things several times over the course of the QAL tours...Several different gigs and we've seen exactly one (Japan only) release. So I'm just saying that this doesn't mean anything is definitively planned for release. I'm not saying it's impossible. But I've seen the same posts on many occasions over the years.

That’s why I wrote in my first post about the recording of the shows in London, that I HOPE, that they WILL RELEASE it this time. ;)
By the way: I know they recorded the Sydney shows in 2014 and one of the England shows 2015 (Sheffield?). Both were not perfect in the band’s eyes and thus didn’t get released. Then there is the exclusive Japan-release from 2014 ( date of the concert, released in 2016). Was anything else filmed (apart from the festival shows Rock in Rio (Rio and Lisbon) and Isle of Wright?

These shows at the moment are better than anything else they have done so far. The shows in London were great, the band and the audience on fire. The problems from on Sydney (apparently Brian and Roger found the audience too lame) and Sheffield (bad audio) should be ruled out this time. It would be a shame, not to record (ANd RELEASE!)a show of this superb production!

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Nicki79 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:28 pm

Brian just posted a picture on Instagram. He wrote, that they filmed the shows „for a planned future documentary... or something!!“
WTF? I want the „or something“ part: just one single official release of QAL in form of a DVD or BluRay. Please? :-(
http://www.instagram.com/p/Bk3hfZjBXOp/ ... 6n797mptn3

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Peavy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:16 am

Nicki79 wrote:Brian just posted a picture on Instagram. He wrote, that they filmed the shows „for a planned future documentary... or something!!“
WTF? I want the „or something“ part: just one single official release of QAL in form of a DVD or BluRay. Please? :-(

I guess he is just making fun...what else would they film it for?! I don't see a real reason to make a documentary about QAL...ok, it was in "Rock The World", but I don't think something like this wasn't the reason for filming that show.

Peavy
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:06 am

I really hope, you’re right, Peavy.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Peavy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:16 am

Are any other shows known to be filmed like this? I kinda expected the Vegas shows to be filmed, too since they seem to be a little bit more special...maybe they plan to do something like a concert film with the songs being from different shows...like "Flight 666" from Iron Maiden f.e.

But it's certainly about time that they release some live material from QAL!

Peavy
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:22 pm

Nicki79 wrote:Brian just posted a picture on Instagram. He wrote, that they filmed the shows „for a planned future documentary... or something!!“

It is high time that an official QAL dvd was released. I mean, they have sold out across the globe and received so many wonderful reviews that it is a no-brainer. Any, by fuck, would it sell loads.

As I have not seen them live, I have had to rely on YouTube clips; I would love to be able to see one of these more recent concerts filmed in HD with full Dolby sound.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Bijou » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:21 pm

My video from Wednesday. :)

phpBB [video]

Bijou
We Will Rock You

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert