Queen and Adam Lambert in June

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Queen and Adam Lambert in June

Postby hardwired » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:45 am

AngelR wrote:Why are you feeding the troll, guys?????
Looks like he enjoys so much attention from you :lol:

So anyone disliking qal is a troll. Always funny reading this from stubborn glamberts who dont allow different opinions

hardwired
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:17 pm

hardwired wrote:The only drama i can hear is the yodeling of the singer which makes you cringe.

I have never understood the mentality of people like you. If you do not like something that much then why not just ignore it, instead of spending your time looking for another reason to spread some negativity? It just seems like such a waste of time and beyond pointless.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:11 am

A mixture of European Tour Reviews from newspapers all over Europe. I would say, this tour (again) was quite successful. :) http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/Q ... ew/178089/

Queen's European Tour Reviews are "Jaw Dropping"

July 10, 2018 11:10am

IRELAND

"A blast of ‘Seven Seas Of Rhye’ before going into ‘Tie Your Mother Down’, and they’ve already won...the sheer joy in the air over Marlay Park would be enough to convince anyone...wasn’t it incredible?” - Hot Press

UK

“It's exciting, exhilarating and infectious, these are anthems built for stadiums and festivals. Big life-affirming celebrations of excess and rock grandeur...” - The List

"They went Ga Ga for the legendary rockers and Adam Lambert...It’s safe to say anyone who witnessed the spectacular, the biggest stage production at a Scottish music festival EVER, won't be forgetting it in a long time." - Glasgow Live

"TRNSMT’s Friday night was one for the history books". - Glasgowist Scottish Sun

"...a sensational live performance. The band had audiences in the palm of their hand as they seduced them with jaw-dropping renditions of Queen’s biggest ballads and classic rock hits." - Scottish Sun

"The supergroup tore up the stage as Lambert showcased his famously impressive vocal range while donning a signature flamboyant outfit that Freddie Mercury would have been proud of.???????" - Evening Times

“It’s really not surprising to hear so many thrilled fans leaving the arena calling it one of their all-time favourite gigs.” - The Independent

“As spectacles go, this is as good as live shows get. 5/5." Attitude.co.uk

Belgium

“A hot summer day, the gigantic crowd and the amazing performance of American Idol Adam Lambert, Queen's originals Brian May and Roger Taylor made the temperature jump through the roof.” - FrontView Magazine

“The fact is that QUEEN + Adam Lambert with this production - which also manages to surprise at the right moments with special effects - have one of the most impressive tours of the year.” - Het Nieuwsblad

“Queen + Adam Lambert put an overwhelmingly live spectacle in the Antwerp Sportpaleis completely in the spirit of what Freddie used to do. Did we see a cover band at work? No. More accurate and respectful is to report that Queen 2.0. is more alive than ever.” - Concertnews

“QUEEN back to life : legendary rock group impresses at the Sportpaleis (…) Extra plus: Lambert attracted a whole new generation of fans into the Queen universe. Nice, moreover, that the set was cut with less evident material such as 'Tear It Up' and 'Seven Seas Of Rhye', so that the biggest fans were also served.” - Gazet van Antwerpen

Netherlands

“Ahoy Rotterdam just has been treated the ultimate singalong party by a band whose music is relevant for already more than forty years and will be for many more generations...May, the British guitarist, forever young, seems to have fun above all and shines throughout the whole show.” - Artiesten Nieuws

“Queen sublime in Ahoy. Never before has the band, with singer Adam Lambert, played with such conviction...” - soundz

RTL Boulevard - Photo Gallery

“Hits, hits and hits!... Adam Lambert might be humble concerning Freddie Mercury, but at the same time he is bold and has the self-esteem to step into the footprints of the unprecedented great frontman. This makes him – of course in combination with his amazing singing qualities – the ideal person to be on stage with Queen. Undoubtedly the reason that Brian May and Roger Taylor work with him for already six years.” - LFL Lust For Life

Italy

“A Queen + Adam Lambert Concert is much more than a nostalgia operation: it’s a unique chance to see at work, and in great shape, two rock legends that have written memorable chapters in the history of music.” - Rockol.it

“It is thus a gigantic show, as it is in the DNA of a group that created more than just a plain rock concert. A group that gave life to some mythical and unforgettable works, memorable performances of a band considered as an absolute leader in live rock. And I know what you're thinking.” - Onstage

“...Adam Lambert immediately proves to be what he really is: A comprehensive showman, a real professional, he seeks the audience, he overwhelms them, moving comfortably between unenviable thighs and outfits, special movements, an exceptional voice and an energy second to none. With his singing and his words: "Brian May and Roger Taylor, gentlemen, we are talking about legends”. - SpazioRock

Norway

“Classic Rock nostalgia of royal quality - 5/6" - VG Daily

“Lambert's voice is operatic, athletic and powerful. He also brings a young and wild energy to the band...when the band ends the night with We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions, one must be as cold as the giant on the News Of The World record cover to not feel warm and satisfied. 9/10” – Musikknyheter.no,

Denmark

"See, that's what music can do!!" "Who Wants To Live Forever" is another of the many highlights of the evening. A song that Adam Lambert really makes his own. Yes, the music is truly "Made In Heaven" and outlives all of us. The music can gather things that can not be gathered, and Queen + Adam Lambert did that this evening at Jyske Bank Boxen in Herning. ****** (6/6) " - Gaffa

"Queen delivered a concert that was a King worthy, when they visited Boxen in Herning on Friday night. The band has almost 50 years under the belt, but they definitely do not seem as if they need to abdicate for the time being. The sound, energy and stage presence were top professional and captivating.***** (5/6): ” - Herning Folkeblad

"The Masters of magnificent rock music killed Jyske Bank Boxen with a show including lots of great songs, a fantastic stage production, and most important and impressive nostalgic show.4.5/5" Metaladay.dk

Portugal

"Queen without Freddie Mercury? Yes, it’s possible and it is a hell of a show! First is the skepticism but then the amazement and the euphoria takes its place. Brian May and Roger Taylor keep Queen alive. Adam Lambert is a great replacement but Freddie is always there. With their timeless music, Queen continue to be one of the best bands in the world. It is a unique show (5 Stars)” - Observador

"In a show like Queen + Adam Lambert there is space for everybody to shine even Freddie Mercury, in our memory and in the screen. The show was a moving demonstration of the affection the Portuguese public carry for these British rock legends." BLITZ

“Two years after Queen+Adam Lambert’s show in Rock in Rio with 74 thousand people, last night the band started its European tour in Lisbon with an incredible and elaborate spectacular of sound, lights and video that touched the crowd.” Noite e Musica Magazine

“It is a kind of magic that has no end. No, Adam Lambert is not Freddie Mercury – as he assumes on stage. But he doesn’t need to be, as shown yesterday in a crowded Altice Arena in a totally dazzling night.” Correio da Manhã

“No one will ever forget Freddie Mercury and each show is a vibrant testimonial of the immortality of this music. Brian May, Roger Taylor and Adam Lambert offered Lisbon once again an unforgettable night.” - Arte Sonora

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby hardwired » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:46 am

I am sure i could put together an almost identical list of negative Reviews that would be more truthful and would involve less payment from the Queen Productions camp but i leave You in your QAL bubble that everyone raves about this mess lol

hardwired
Spread Your Wings

Postby snifflese » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:52 am

I doubt it, as I didn't see one less than stellar review from the whole tour. I also doubt Queen paid anyone for reviews. They are just kind of beyond that crap. What are you smoking to even have such a stupid idea? Briand and Roger could care less if there were less than stellar reviews. They are busy playing music and thinking about more important things. I am curious actually. Do you even work, since you have posted on every thread on both Queen boards again. I am retired and don't sleep a lot, but what is your excuse? Is trolling QAL threads and leaving ugly comments your line of work? I am beginning to think it must be.

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:42 pm

hardwired wrote:I am sure i could put together an almost identical list of negative Reviews that would be more truthful and would involve less payment from the Queen Productions camp but i leave You in your QAL bubble that everyone raves about this mess lol

The "Queen Productions camp" is paying people to positively review QAL? Shit, how can I get in on that?

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby hardwired » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:12 pm

Sorry to inform you. And welcome to the real world in 2018. Reviews in General are based on placing adverts. Bad Review = no advert = no revenue. Economics aint that difficult These days

hardwired
Spread Your Wings

Postby Echoplex » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:13 pm

hardwired wrote:I am sure i could put together an almost identical list of negative Reviews that would be more truthful and would involve less payment from the Queen Productions camp but i leave You in your QAL bubble that everyone raves about this mess lol

Is this that idiot on one of the other sites and Facebook who calls everyone insulting names if they say the shows were good.

I guess he won't pull the same stunt here because it's well moderated

The truth is he isn't a fan he just spends time posting about how bad the gigs are and how AL can't sing.

Some guy on another site was threatening to name him and post his phone number. . .

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:15 pm

Echoplex wrote:Is this that idiot on one of the other sites and Facebook who calls everyone insulting names if they say the shows were good.

That’s him.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Peavy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:19 pm

Real world in 2018 is unfortunately also known for way too many miserable people on the internet, who rather waste their time hating on something/someone over and over again and spreading negativity, instead of doing something useful for some other or themselves in that time.
I'll never get how people (over the age of 16) can be so consequently miserable to always post the same shit on the internet without achieving anything.

Peavy
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:29 pm

Peavy wrote:Real world in 2018 is unfortunately also known for way too many miserable people on the internet, who rather waste their time hating on something/someone over and over again and spreading negativity, instead of doing something useful for some other or themselves in that time.
I'll never get how people (over the age of 16) can be so consequently miserable to always post the same shit on the internet without achieving anything.

Well stated, Peavy.

And you know what those miserable old haters can do? Fuck themselves, that's what. Let them moan and bitch and whine (mistakenly thinking anyone else gives a shit) while the rest of us actually live our lives and enjoy those precious good times when we can.

Fuck 'em.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby JLP » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Echoplex wrote:

Is this that idiot on one of the other sites and Facebook who calls everyone insulting names if they say the shows were good.

The truth is he isn't a fan he just spends time posting about how bad the gigs are and how AL can't sing.

Some guy on another site was threatening to name him and post his phone number. . .

If anyone wants to PM me about this please do so. But please stop fanning the flames in theforumse.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby hardwired » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:15 pm

Echoplex wrote:Is this that idiot on one of the other sites and Facebook who calls everyone insulting names if they say the shows were good.

Dont know what you are talking about but thanks for namecalling.Proves my point that you cannot discuss with AL-Fans or should I say Glamberts?

hardwired
Spread Your Wings

Postby Peavy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:06 pm

hardwired wrote:

Dont know what you are talking about but thanks for namecalling.Proves my point that you cannot discuss with AL-Fans or should I say Glamberts?

Well, if you can't discuss, then don't do it! The only logical consequence for you and the best for us all. There are enough other subforums you can write and discuss.

Peavy
Spread Your Wings

Postby Khashoggi » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:28 pm

I went to see Q+AL last month (in Cologne). It's been my fourth time seeing them, and (as always) it was an incredible night out. As a Queen fan, I will never get tired of experiencing Brian and Roger live. The sound of Roger's thunderous drums, the inimitable sound of the Red Special. It's pure nostalgia, and so damn interesting to see how Brian and Roger are communicating live on stage. As always made me think "My god, they're playing together for sooo many years.. So much experience and talent." I mostly watched Brian and Roger play, because it's them that made me come there. They have been in my life everyday for 28 years now, and my love and fascination for Queen will last until I die. It's been quite emotional again.

I loved the intro with "Tear It Up" to bits. What a huge noise, what a great live track. The excitement that's in my body when I see them perform is actually indescribable.

And: There's no doubt Adam Lambert is unique. I've been interested in his pipes since I first saw him on "Idol". I even went to his solo gig in Hamburg in 2016, and he was off the planet. His vocal abilities are simply unbelievable, I don't think there's anybody like him in the whole world. I seriously don't.
STILL, his behavior is too often too much. He would be a much better frontman if only he was more natural. That pink bicycle is far from ridiculous - it's grotesque! I totally understand all these people that see snippets of that particular moment in the show and are then deciding not to see the show. As many people here have rightly stated: It's like a ridiculous broadway/circus show, and has nothing to do with a rock concert. It's true. I stood in the first row of the catwalk, and that whole thing made me cringe so so badly. I needed to look away, honestly. Same thing with "Lucy" - I was thinking "When is this going to be over?" It just didn't work, at all. And: The way that Lambert talks that "He's no Freddie. No shit. I'm a fan myself, let's celebrate this band together"-stuff at every single show in exact the same tone. It's just so very broadway. EVERYTHING that Lambert says to the audience during songs is scripted. It's a pain in the ass. Rock'n'Roll shows are so great because they're so dangerous and spontaneous, and different every show.

Queen + Adam Lambert is always a great night out. I will definitely see them again, in case they will tour again at some point. But they could be so much better. Don't get me wrong, I love extravagance. Hello, I'm a Queen fan!! But Lambert's behavior is often too much in so many ways. I wish he would get rid of things like the bicycle, or the couch.. The bottle of champagne. The scripted talk. "Oh look, I found your guitar, Brian!" - things like that are so terribly unrockn'n'roll. Lambert is an unbelievable singer, but It's a true shame he presents himself so silly.

And: They should get rid of Tyler Warren! His backing vocals are so bad, and the way he doubled Rogers voice on "I'm In Love With My Car" !? That was terrible! And my god, Rog. You don't need a percussionist, anyway. That's why I loved the Q+PR shows - every drum that was played in these shows was played by Roger. It was a joy to hear his playing without additional hi hats and snares and cymbals. It's just so unnecessary. Many things just became too much for my liking. Still it's been exciting, and very emotional at times.
2005 / Queen + Paul Rodgers, (Köln)
2008 / Queen + Paul Rodgers, (Hannover)
2015 / Queen + Adam Lambert, (Köln)
2016 / Queen + Adam Lambert, (Köln)
2017 / Queen + Adam Lambert, (Munich)
2018 / Queen + Adam Lambert, (Köln)

Khashoggi
We Will Rock You

Take a holiday on Khashoggi's Ship..

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert