Queen and Adam Lambert in June

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Queen and Adam Lambert in June

Postby cmsdrums » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:56 am

Khashoggi wrote:And: They should get rid of Tyler Warren! His backing vocals are so bad, and the way he doubled Rogers voice on "I'm In Love With My Car" !? That was terrible! And my god, Rog. You don't need a percussionist, anyway. That's why I loved the Q+PR shows - every drum that was played in these shows was played by Roger. It was a joy to hear his playing without additional hi hats and snares and cymbals. It's just so unnecessary. Many things just became too much for my liking. Still it's been exciting, and very emotional at times.

Tyler ...he is singing either a higher octave where Roger can't now go that high, or a harmony part - he doesn't 'double' Roger's vocal at all. His vocals are great too - he's a great singer with a phenomenal range, and him singing the high parts really add to everything, especially tracks like Somebody to Love, I Want It All, and more where those parts were missing before.

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby Echoplex » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:26 pm

Yes completely agree.

The fact is that vocally the band is better than in the 70's and 80's.

I don't mean AL is better than Freddie. What I mean is they now have enough voices to get closer to the backing vocals as recorded, which was the one thing lacking (if anything) in the original band with only two voices (three from 82 to 86) to fill in those multi tracked BV's

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:18 pm

I love this picture, that Brian has just posted. With Freddie. It looks so real. Always a great and touching moment at these concerts. :) :bye1:
http://www.instagram.com/p/BlYTlbMBE72/ ... i0748bqa8h

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby JLP » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Echoplex wrote:Yes completely agree.

I don't mean AL is better than Freddie. What I mean is they now have enough voices to get closer to the backing vocals as recorded, which was the one thing lacking (if anything) in the original band with only two voices (three from 82 to 86) to fill in those multi tracked BV's

When I go to a live gig, I want to hear live versions of songs. Not something constructed to sound like the original tracks.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Echoplex » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:17 pm

JLP wrote:
Echoplex wrote:Yes completely agree.

When I go to a live gig, I want to hear live versions of songs. Not something constructed to sound like the original tracks.

Completely agree, and that's still what they deliver.

Probably the closest they got to a full live reproduction was Somebody To Love at the Freddie Tribute in 92. George Micheal nailed the lead vocal, but he had his job made easier by the fact that they had that choir reproducing the BVs

I think the current arrangement hits the middle ground where nothing is lost but it doesn't go down the route of having 12 Or 14 more voices.

70's Queen live had an edge to them which the more straight ahead approach gave them, but maybe in this age of backing tracks, lip synced performance etc maybe the band decided they had to present something closer to the recorded work in order to stand shoulder to shoulder with what's out there now.

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:11 pm

Here is a recap from some longtime Spanish fans, who finally decided to go and watch a QAL concert in Madrid.
http://estrellasdemetal.wordpress.com/2 ... at-madrid/

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Nicki79 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:15 pm

A little longer video: Backstage at the O2 in London. Adam posted it today. I would love to see this in a longer version on a DVD...And with the rest of the band included as well. Plus the whole concert of course!
phpBB [video]

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert