Tear It Up dropped from Glasgow / Dublin ???

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Tear It Up dropped from Glasgow / Dublin ???

Postby dazzag1982 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:38 am

Anyone know why this was dropped? Starting with SSOR just doesn't do the same for me.

Only thing I can think of id due to those shows being outdoors and the length of show affected curfew

I would be pretty pissed off If I had went to any of those 2 shows knowing that they had played it every night before.

Just weird!!

dazzag1982
Spread Your Wings

Re: Tear It Up dropped from Glasgow / Dublin ???

Postby deakysghost » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:53 am

Yes, ‘Tear it Up’ was not used in Dublin, they also dropped Lambert’s ‘Lucy’ as well. The absense of either song didn’t make any difference. I noticed in Dublin that the band were onstage on time (20:30) and I think they seemed to have more fun lengthening some tracks (STL springs to mind) and the band seemed more relaxed.

deakysghost
Spread Your Wings

Postby Jimi » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:07 pm

funny that because I never liked tear it up and I don't think its a god opener at all.
way too ponderous.
Still each to their own I guess.

Jimi
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:48 pm

I thought „Tear it up“ worked pretty well as an opener. I would have felt let down, had they dropped it at my gig.

Brian had mentioned before Glasgow, that they changed/shortened the setlist a bit, so that it was fitting for the festival in Glasgow.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby cmsdrums » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:23 pm

I read that Rufus guested on 'Under Pressure' (don't know if that was Glasgow and Dublin?), but it seems that the rest of The Darkness (or at least Justin) didn't make a much anticipated appearance onstage with them? Pity.

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:31 pm

cmsdrums wrote:I read that Rufus guested on 'Under Pressure' (don't know if that was Glasgow and Dublin?), but it seems that the rest of The Darkness (or at least Justin) didn't make a much anticipated appearance onstage with them? Pity.

Yes, Rufus was on stage with them on Under Pressure in Glasgow and Dublin. He was singing and playing tambourine. They (The Darkness and QAL) all posted picks from backstage, joking and playing around.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert