Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

10-Excellent
47%
33%
No votes
7%
7%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
0-Awful
7%

Total votes : 15

Re: Rating Queen + Adam Lambert 2018 European Tour

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:56 pm

hardwired wrote:...I still wonder what Brian and Roger see in him...

I know, right? I mean, they have a track record of seeing talent in those who lack it. That Freddie Mercury chap? What were they thinking? And as for that Paul Rodgers fella? Oh, hang on...you quite liked him though.

I think Brian and Roger are quite happy with their choices and are not going to be heartbroken because you are opposed to their highly successful and critically praised collaboration.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:18 pm

hardwired wrote:Glamberts never get it when someone doesnt like their self proclaimed idol. For them they are trolls or only provocate. The vast majority of QAL ticket buyers go because of Maylor not because of AL. Most of them still dont like him and find his voice offputting but want to see Bri and Rig nonetheless. Noone says "wow i am a converted glambert now".

Maybe this is "feeding the troll" but I can't resist.

I AM a "converted Glambert". I didn't know barely anything about Adam when I heard about QAL being a thing, in fact I was rather skeptical about it, the whole thing of going from a rock legend who I was and still am a fan of to what I thought of as "that American Idol guy". But I figured I'd give it a chance, checked out some QAL recordings, checked out Adam's own music.... and yep, now I'm a fan of him.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby Nicki79 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:52 pm

Peavy wrote:
About that one AL song...last year they played "Whataya Want From Me?" and it was an ok song imo, but it immediately felt different from the rest of the set. In Berlin I thought "Lucy" was quite mediocre...UNTIL Brian's solo kicked in, which was amazing! Just wanted to add that, since I was so surprised and my mood changed so fast whzen Brian started to play his solo. I don't know "The Ghost Town", since I know no music of AL aside those two songs they played, but I think it's ok when they do one...way better than with PR where they usually did more "other" songs...I want there to be Queen songs at those shows and if there is only one other, I got no problem
Since I became also a Lambert fan (through Queen), I’m always happy to hear one of his songs included in the set. It somehow shows, that Brian and Roger respect Adam and acknowledge his solo music as well. It’s a nice touch.

Actually, although I knew, that Lucy was on the setlist of this tour, I didn’t recognize the intro and was wondering in Berlin, what (Queen) song they were to play now? :lol: I always liked the song, but somehow, it took QAL a few concerts until it sounded right. Still, I did enjoy the song more on Adam’s solo tour. With QAL it was good nevertheless and it gave a lot of room for Brian to shred his guitar.

„Ghost Town“ with QAL was perfect! I love that rock version more than the original. If you haven’t seen it, here is the video from Queen Official at Rock in Rio 2015.I would have loooved to hear that live. Unfortunately they only did it in South America. At that time, it had been Adam’s newest single release.
phpBB [video]

I agree with you, that „Whataya want from me“ as a nice pop song didn’t quite fit into the set, but it still is Adam’s most popular song (together with „Ghost Town“). It’s the song, that many people know from the radio, at least in Germany. Even I did, although I had never heard of Lambert back then. Since Adam hasn’t got new music to promote since 2015, they chose a song, they haven’t played before and that is popular.

Lucy isn’t really popular, not even among Adam’s fans. Some love it though.
BUT it‘s the song featuring Brian on guitar. And it’s the only rock song on Adam’s last album. „Queenberts“ (Fans of Queen & Adam) have asked Adam and Brian for years to perform it. It would have been the most natural choice. If you are interested, here is a video of the performance of that song from Adam’s last solo tour. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PficFjQsmTg

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby hardwired » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:41 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
Peavy wrote:
About that one AL song...last year they played "Whataya Want From Me?" and it was an ok song imo, but it immediately felt different from the rest of the set. In Berlin I thought "Lucy" was quite mediocre...UNTIL Brian's solo kicked in, which was amazing! Just wanted to add that, since I was so surprised and my mood changed so fast whzen Brian started to play his solo. I don't know "The Ghost Town", since I know no music of AL aside those two songs they played, but I think it's ok when they do one...way better than with PR where they usually did more "other" songs...I want there to be Queen songs at those shows and if there is only one other, I got no problem
Since I became also a Lambert fan (through Queen), I’m always happy to hear one of his songs included in the set. It somehow shows, that Brian and Roger respect Adam and acknowledge his solo music as well. It’s a nice touch.

Actually, although I knew, that Lucy was on the setlist of this tour, I didn’t recognize the intro and was wondering in Berlin, what (Queen) song they were to play now? :lol: I always liked the song, but somehow, it took QAL a few concerts until it sounded right. Still, I did enjoy the song more on Adam’s solo tour. With QAL it was good nevertheless and it gave a lot of room for Brian to shred his guitar.

„Ghost Town“ with QAL was perfect! I love that rock version more than the original. If you haven’t seen it, here is the video from Queen Official at Rock in Rio 2015.I would have loooved to hear that live. Unfortunately they only did it in South America. At that time, it had been Adam’s newest single release.
phpBB [video]

I agree with you, that „Whataya want from me“ as a nice pop song didn’t quite fit into the set, but it still is Adam’s most popular song (together with „Ghost Town“). It’s the song, that many people know from the radio, at least in Germany. Even I did, although I had never heard of Lambert back then. Since Adam hasn’t got new music to promote since 2015, they chose a song, they haven’t played before and that is popular.

Lucy isn’t really popular, not even among Adam’s fans. Some love it though.
BUT it‘s the song featuring Brian on guitar. And it’s the only rock song on Adam’s last album. „Queenberts“ (Fans of Queen & Adam) have asked Adam and Brian for years to perform it. It would have been the most natural choice. If you are interested, here is a video of the performance of that song from Adam’s last solo tour. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PficFjQsmTg

Pretty Sad watching a rock legend play such an embarrassing pop song. Un-f***in believable how the mighty have fallen. Lost for words really. With QPR they played ALl RIght now, Bad COmpany, Seagull etc. Now it is Ghost Town and Lucy. The most embarrassing thing of all times was "two Fux" - watching Brian dance to it almost made me cry and think "the guy has totally lost the plot"

hardwired
Spread Your Wings

Postby sharon20 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:52 pm

hardwired wrote:Pretty Sad watching a rock legend play such an embarrassing pop song. Un-f***in believable how the mighty have fallen. Lost for words really. With QPR they played ALl RIght now, Bad COmpany, Seagull etc. Now it is Ghost Town and Lucy. The most embarrassing thing of all times was "two Fux" - watching Brian dance to it almost made me cry and think "the guy has totally lost the plot"

Funny, the people at the shows aren't embarrassed at all and just having a great time, they really don't care if it's called a pop or a rock song. You do know some of Queen's songs were classed as pop, even disco on occasion, was that embarrassing as well? Maybe you could rethink how you look at things and stop being so caught up in what other people think or how something looks. Life's for enjoying not worrying about appearances, I doubt very much that Brian cares what anyone thinks of him up there dancing or whatever and why should he.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby hardwired » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:23 pm

sharon20 wrote:I doubt very much that Brian cares what anyone thinks of him up there dancing or whatever and why should he.

Well you're kinda right-they have given up I guess.

hardwired
Spread Your Wings

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert