Vegas stint

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Vegas stint

Postby Mickey58 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:40 pm

Just took a look at Queen's current set list. Sorry guys and dolls, but it reads like Queens Lamest/Weakest Hits. Not one song* from Q1, not one song* from Q2 and two of the weakest songs from SHA. This show is not Queen as they Rocked it's Queen as they Popped! Weeee will Rock you? Really? Gimme a break.

I'll save my $$, hold my breath and dream that they'll do a 45th Anniversary Tour of Q II . Wouldn't that be cool. Do it they way it was originally done : Side Black - dressed in black and then Side White - dressed in White

*(we're not counting SSoR)

Mickey58
Spread Your Wings

Re: Vegas stint

Postby cjhill » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:12 pm

Mickey58 wrote:
I'll save my $$, hold my breath and dream that they'll do a 45th Anniversary Tour of Q II . Wouldn't that be cool. Do it they way it was originally done : Side Black - dressed in black and then Side White - dressed in White

You are living in dreamland then.

They have to cater for audiences who want to hear the hits as well, not just fans who want to hear deep cuts.
Do I think they could mix it up a bit? Yes
Do I think the setlist is horrendous? No
To me it strikes a good balance

I have been to 6 Q+AL shows and never seen anyone leave disappointed.

Brian May and Roger Taylor are 71 and 69 respectively, we're damn lucky to be able to see them still touring, lets just be thankful of that!

cjhill
Spread Your Wings

Postby QueenUSA » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:30 am

cjhill wrote:
Mickey58 wrote:

You are living in dreamland then.

They have to cater for audiences who want to hear the hits as well, not just fans who want to hear deep cuts.
Do I think they could mix it up a bit? Yes
Do I think the setlist is horrendous? No
To me it strikes a good balance

I have been to 6 Q+AL shows and never seen anyone leave disappointed.

Brian May and Roger Taylor are 71 and 69 respectively, we're damn lucky to be able to see them still touring, lets just be thankful of that!

Hear, hear.

When they tried Spread Your Wings and It's Late on the last tour the audience used it as a bathroom break.

How do you think Queen II would go over?

QueenUSA
The Show Must Go On

Postby Faellie » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:47 am

It's a nice idea but even Brian has said that some of those songs are studio creations and impractical live.

I suppose one of the tribute bands might give it a go.

Faellie
Spread Your Wings

Postby QueenFan19 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:05 pm

Queen only played Father To Son, White Queen, Ogre Battle and Seven Seas Of Rhye on the Queen II Tour.

The Fairy Feller's Master-Stroke was only played no more than four times due to it being too complicated.

According to John Deacon they tried playing The March Of The Black Queen in rehearsals but it didn't work due to its complexity. Because of that only the one section would be heard live.

If they had the choice to play a song when Freddie and John were in the group and didn't, what chance does it give Q+AL?

I agree it would be nice to hear album tracks but hearing the audience singalong to the hits is a much nicer atmosphere.
Well I'm just 17 and all I wanna do is disappear
Do you know what I mean there's a lot of space between my ears
The way that I touch don't feel nothin'

QueenFan19
Spread Your Wings

Postby AlaRegularis » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:10 pm

C'mon man, what'd you think they were gonna play? In a live-setting, Queen is a greatest hits-band today. I'm not complaining, mind you, I saw the europen tour a year ago and I think it was brilliant. But to expect anything else than a greatest hits-set is just delusional.

AlaRegularis
Spread Your Wings

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert