Announcement Rhapsody Tour USA/CAN 2019!

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Announcement Rhapsody Tour USA/CAN 2019!

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:05 pm

Queen and Adam Lambert just announced their new tour! :D

The Rhapsody Tour - North America 2019

Wed Jul 10 Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena
Fri Jul 12 - Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome
Sun Jul 14 - San Jose, CA - SAP Center
Tue Jul 16 - Phoenix, AZ - Talking Stick Resort Arena
Fri Jul 19 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum
Tue Jul 23 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
Wed Jul 24 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center
Sat Jul 27 - Detroit, MI - Little Caesars Arena
Sun Jul 28 - Toronto, ON - Scotiabank Arena
Tue Jul 30 - Washington, DC - Capital One Arena
Wed Jul 31 - Pittsburgh, PA - PPG Paints Arena
Sat Aug 03 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
Sun Aug 04 - Boston, MA - Xfinity Center
Tue Aug 06 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
Fri Aug 09 - Chicago, IL - United Center
Sat Aug 10 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
Tue Aug 13 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
Thu Aug 15 - Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena
Sat Aug 17 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center
Sun Aug 18 - Tampa, FL - Amalie Arena
Tue Aug 20 - New Orleans, LA - Smoothie King Center
Thu Aug 22 - Atlanta, GA - State Farm Arena
Fri Aug 23 - Charlotte, NC - Spectrum Center

Going under the Rhapsody header, the six-week tour will debut a brand new larger-than-life production. Stufish Entertainment Architects’ set designer Ric Lipson says: “Queen + Adam Lambert’s Rhapsody tour will, once again for them, expand the parameters of what a live music experience can be. This new show promises to be their most spectacular yet, an innovative and interactive celebration of the continued power of Queen’s music.”

Unser, they are doing a lot of the cities in the South-East, where they haven’t been before. I know, some people there will be really happy.

Then Europe in autumn 2019??

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Re: Announcement Rhapsody Tour USA/CAN 2019!

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:26 pm

phpBB [video]

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Peavy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:54 pm

So there it is! :)

Being from Germany I still wait for Europe dates after, but I guess it's safe that it will happen anyway, either end of 2019 or 2020. So I'm already excited and just waiting for my opportunity - will be the 3rd time I see QAL and maybe even a 4th time. ;)

I'm really curious what they will come up with productionwise...the last tour was already very spectacular, it will be interesting to see how they want to top that!

Guess this time it will be a little harder to get tickets...the movie got them lots of new fans and though not all will get interested in QAL, there will be for sure a lot that will and go to those upcoming concerts.

Just give me finally a 40th anniversary Live Killers DVD/Blu-ray, too...I've been waiting for this since I bought my first Queen album which WAS "Live Killers".

Hm...about a live Blu-ray from the last QAL tour...I almost fear we won't get this in the next time now that they are continuing touring already in a little more than half a year... :?

Peavy
Spread Your Wings

Postby Peavy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
phpBB [video]

Definitely not the best teaser they could make...so many cuts and you barely see anything of the show. oO

Peavy
Spread Your Wings

Postby AlaRegularis » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Fucking awesome! Fingers crossed for a european trek as well!

AlaRegularis
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Peavy wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:
phpBB [video]

Definitely not the best teaser they could make...so many cuts and you barely see anything of the show. oO

It’s OK for a teaser, I think.

I just read the comments. All these Martel fans are getting on my nerves. The first 5 comments were just about Martel with a lot of thumbs up... they somehow think, that Marc sang in the film and therefore HE must tour with Brian and Roger.

As for a QAL DVD: If I was in charge, I would release it before the next tour, so that fans can buy it at the concerts. Last tour I attended 3 concerts and spent some time at the merchandise stand(s). I did hear some questions for a record or a DVD. That would sell pretty well. ;-)
But I‘m not in charge... :lol:

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby JaniceUK » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:09 pm

Thanks for the info, I’ll still be living in Canada next summer so it’s good to see a Toronto date in there.

JaniceUK
Spread Your Wings

Postby Peavy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:45 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
Peavy wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:
phpBB [video]

It’s OK for a teaser, I think.

I just read the comments. All these Martel fans are getting on my nerves. The first 5 comments were just about Martel with a lot of thumbs up... they somehow think, that Marc sang in the film and therefore HE must tour with Brian and Roger.

As for a QAL DVD: If I was in charge, I would release it before the next tour, so that fans can buy it at the concerts. Last tour I attended 3 concerts and spent some time at the merchandise stand(s). I did hear some questions for a record or a DVD. That would sell pretty well. ;-)
But I‘m not in charge... :lol:

Well, those kind of comments are unfortunately always there with QAL related news - oh and brainstorms like "Adam isn't Freddie!!". ;) Queen fans can be quite annoying at some times in general...

How do we put you in charge? :D Can we write Brian to do so? ;) Yes, a live release wouldn't hurt at all imo...I'm glad they filmed it, so it should be released some day, but the earlier the better. ;)

Peavy
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:32 pm

Peavy wrote:
Well, those kind of comments are unfortunately always there with QAL related news - oh and brainstorms like "Adam isn't Freddie!!". ;) Queen fans can be quite annoying at some times in general...

How do we put you in charge? :D Can we write Brian to do so? ;) Yes, a live release wouldn't hurt at all imo...I'm glad they filmed it, so it should be released some day, but the earlier the better. ;)

Yea, I can’t wait for a live release!

I think the comments, that want Brian and Roger to tour with Martel, are worse and especially much, much more than ever before. I already noticed a huge increase of these on twitter in the last few weeks. I don’t know, if it’s the movie or if there are indeed a few crazy trolls out there. The fact, that there are already hundreds of likes for these comments, while the rest of the comments have much less, speaks for the theory of trolls. Because the video itself has much more likes.
And I go and tell myself again: Never read the comments! :lol:

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby eiricd » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:40 pm

How do we put you in charge? :D Can we write Brian to do so? ;) Yes, a live release wouldn't hurt at all imo...I'm glad they filmed it, so it should be released some day, but the earlier the better. ;)[/quote]

Personally, In find lambert fans to be an annoying bunch

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby Steve_W » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Awesome that they will be touring. Unfortunately it will be impossible for me to go to the USA or Canada this summer and I am therefore really hoping that they will tour Europe too. Perhaps before (not likely) or afterwards. Not sure. I have not heard any signals about that yet. Fingers crossed. For now, I am happy for the American fans.

Steve_W
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:45 pm

eiricd wrote:
Personally, In find lambert fans to be an annoying bunch

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Peavy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:28 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
Peavy wrote:

I think the comments, that want Brian and Roger to tour with Martel, are worse and especially much, much more than ever before. I already noticed a huge increase of these on twitter in the last few weeks. I don’t know, if it’s the movie or if there are indeed a few crazy trolls out there. The fact, that there are already hundreds of likes for these comments, while the rest of the comments have much less, speaks for the theory of trolls. Because the video itself has much more likes.

Yep, comments are getting worse and worse on the internet and EVERYWHERE, not just Queen. I also try to avoid them as often as possible because most times at least 75% of those who post are complaining and 90% of those comments are about stupid stuff if not trolling. I don't care for how many likes they have...never did any change for the subject lol.

Speaking of Queen...yeah, FB is full of negativity and people really think Brian and Roger would change their mind about touring with Adam after being very successful with him for years by now. :lol:

I don't say Queen fans have to like QAL (of course not), but that behaviour onn the internet and them writing all that bullshit aso. is mostly just pathetic and senseless. If I don't like something like this, I just ignore it and don't bother whining/ranting about it and wasting my time.

But humans love to be angry and feel miserable nowadays it seems. :roll:

Peavy
Spread Your Wings

Postby zso » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:31 pm

Nicki79 wrote:I just read the comments. All these Martel fans are getting on my nerves. The first 5 comments were just about Martel with a lot of thumbs up... they somehow think, that Marc sang in the film and therefore HE must tour with Brian and Roger.

For me Adam Lambert's voice is annoying. I do not blame people who wants to listen to a singer whose voice is similar to Freddie's, or at least is listenable.
About 15 years ago Brian and Roger wanted to tour with Robbie Williams. Then with Jeff Scott Soto. And they did two world tours with Paul. Adam Lambert is not the only singer on the planet.

zso
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:37 pm

Peavy wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:
Peavy wrote:

Yep, comments are getting worse and worse on the internet and EVERYWHERE, not just Queen. I also try to avoid them as often as possible because most times at least 75% of those who post are complaining and 90% of those comments are about stupid stuff if not trolling. I don't care for how many likes they have...never did any change for the subject lol.

Speaking of Queen...yeah, FB is full of negativity and people really think Brian and Roger would change their mind about touring with Adam after being very successful with him for years by now. :lol:

I don't say Queen fans have to like QAL (of course not), but that behaviour onn the internet and them writing all that bullshit aso. is mostly just pathetic and senseless. If I don't like something like this, I just ignore it and don't bother whining/ranting about it and wasting my time.

But humans love to be angry and feel miserable nowadays it seems. :roll:

Agreed. I just don’t get the sudden increase in Martel fans. There isn’t much about Freddie or Adam or Queen this time. Instead more than half of it seems to be about Martel. And I simply don’t get that. :roll:

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Next

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert