On Russian TV in the 2010s

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

On Russian TV in the 2010s

Postby WnDn » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:53 pm

Brian and Roger visited Russian evening TV show (the only one in the country?) called Evening Urgant in 2012. They talked about the current tour, current vocalist, etc. Unfortunately, no translation from Russian. Still, a nice video piece.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

WnDn
Spread Your Wings

Re: On Russian TV in the 2010s

Postby WnDn » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:57 pm

Recently, the same TV show has made this tiny piece of sort of tiny advertisement for the movie:

phpBB [video]

WnDn
Spread Your Wings

Postby AngelR » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:57 am

Thanks for sharing, I remember watching this video in 2012. That hug at the end was priceless. I hope Queen and Adam will visit Russia again despite of all political tension - there are so many loyal fans over there! So much love!
Have you seen the movie yet? Is it well received in Russia?

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby WnDn » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:32 pm

AngelR wrote:Have you seen the movie yet? Is it well received in Russia?

No, I personally haven't yet. Actually, my music priorities are studio albums, then perhaps a few selected live works, then the rarities collections, then several documentaries. Quite like Frank Zappa :-D , I like Queen and Gentle Giant, and I must admit that while I still adore and respect Queen, my eternal love no.1 is the British progressive rock monsters Gentle Giant. Their debut album was also ended with the rendition of the British National Anthem, by the way.

Queen was my furious mad teenage love, my number one back in late 1990s. That said, I can't speak on behalf of the sort of a group of Russian fans of Queen, as I did not belong to any. However, from what I read e.g. on YouTube but not only there from the Russian-speaking users, I can say that the Russian music fans definitely liked this movie. Me, I rather prefer documentaries, again.

Here is for example, one of the Russian trailers. As they show, 14,000+ likes vs 260+ dislikes. People liked it before watching and it looks like they like it afterwards, judging by the comments:
phpBB [video]

WnDn
Spread Your Wings

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert