Q+AL wrote a song for BoRhap!

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Q+AL wrote a song for BoRhap!

Postby Nicki79 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:45 pm

I found this on an Adam board today:
INFO|Do you guys remember when we got this video of Adam in studio a Nashville during a day off from the Queen tour with Alisan? She just said on her Instagram Live that they were writing a song for the #BohemianRhapsody⁠ ⁠ movie with Roger and Brian! link: http://twitter.com/adaml_daily/status/1 ... 99810?s=21 Unfortunately, Alisan didn’t save her live video.

We‘ve heard about it from Roger before. But back then it wasn’t clear, if something was lost in translation. This time Adam’s close friend Alisan Porter confirmed this. She was asked, what she was doing/ recording in Nashville in 2017 with Adam in the studio. And she apparently said, that this wasn’t for her album, but Adam with Brian and Roger writing a song for the movie.

As we know now, the song didn’t see the light of day. But maybe it could someday - or they can record something else?

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Re: Q+AL wrote a song for BoRhap!

Postby Inny » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:47 am

No, just no!

Inny
Don't Stop Me Now

叙情詩

Postby icy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:04 am

It could. It can.
But I hope not.
Hopefully Brian and Roger can put more focus on what could be left in the Queen vaults ( anthologies anyone? ) and or their solo careers ( Brian and Roger had two recent solo music projects recently ) once Q+AL is over.
Why would Alisan let this be known now? Was she a part of what was going on at the time?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby icy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:06 am

Inny wrote:No, just no!

:bye2:
Meant as a waving Hello
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Inny » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:12 am

Hello, back.

Inny
Don't Stop Me Now

叙情詩

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:58 pm

icy wrote:It could. It can.
But I hope not.
Hopefully Brian and Roger can put more focus on what could be left in the Queen vaults ( anthologies anyone? ) and or their solo careers ( Brian and Roger had two recent solo music projects recently ) once Q+AL is over.
Why would Alisan let this be known now? Was she a part of what was going on at the time?

She was in the same studio on that day and had posted a video with Adam. I don’t know, why she was there. She usually records her own music in Nashville, so it could have been a coincidence.
Fans had now asked her about a possible record from that day (Adam and her had collaborated before). Nobody suspected, that they were in the studio with Brian and Roger. That answer was a surprise!

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby eiricd » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:46 pm

Please God, no...

How the fuck would they put it in the movie anyway?! An original song for the scene where adam is joined by Malek in the rest room??

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:05 pm

eiricd wrote:Please God, no...

How the fuck would they put it in the movie anyway?! An original song for the scene where adam is joined by Malek in the rest room??

Usually such a song would be used over the end credits and not IN the movie. ;) It’s more for promotion on the radio, like Brian Adam’s „Everything I do -I do it for you“ for Robin Hood or Celine Dion‘s „My heart will go on“ for Titanic.

I can see the contradiction in itself though: Doing such a song for a Biopic of a Band/Musician isn’t really necessary, because they have their own music. But it would have been really nice to hear a song, that Brian and Roger wrote especially for the movie.To celebrate Freddie and their history together so to say.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:44 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:It could. It can.
But I hope not.

She was in the same studio on that day and had posted a video with Adam. I don’t know, why she was there. She usually records her own music in Nashville, so it could have been a coincidence.
Fans had now asked her about a possible record from that day (Adam and her had collaborated before). Nobody suspected, that they were in the studio with Brian and Roger. That answer was a surprise!

I see. I don't follow any of AL's friends, so I missed that.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:50 pm

Nicki79 wrote:

Usually such a song would be used over the end credits and not IN the movie. ;) It’s more for promotion on the radio, like Brian Adam’s „Everything I do -I do it for you“ for Robin Hood or Celine Dion‘s „My heart will go on“ for Titanic.

I can see the contradiction in itself though: Doing such a song for a Biopic of a Band/Musician isn’t really necessary, because they have their own music. But it would have been really nice to hear a song, that Brian and Roger wrote especially for the movie.To celebrate Freddie and their history together so to say.

Sad to say, soundtracks are not as popular as it was at one point.
Why would they be in Nashville...bit of an odd place I think for Brian, Roger and AL to work.
You will not be surprised by my saying this, but I'm glad there wasn't a Q+AL song included in the soundtrack, or in the movie. I don't think that would have been a good move.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby sharon20 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:57 pm

Nicki79 wrote:

Wonder if it was meant as an addition to the soundtrack album - just a thought.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:09 pm

icy wrote:
Sad to say, soundtracks are not as popular as it was at one point.

True.
icy wrote:Why would they be in Nashville...bit of an odd place I think for Brian, Roger and AL to work.

Because they were in Nashville at the time, there are great recording studios and they had a day off. (North American Tour 2017 ;) )

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby eiricd » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:23 pm

Nicki79 wrote:

No one but You would have fit the bill.

Or one of the other in the catalogue that features the real band.

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:31 pm

eiricd wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:

No one but You would have fit the bill.

Or one of the other in the catalogue that features the real band.

Sure. Some songs would have fit the bill. The Show must go on is the first one I would have thought of - and they chose it.

This ship has sailed anyway.

I guess, I‘m just a bit desperate to get a QAL song. And that there really might have been a chance. As a fan of QAL it‘ s not easy to always be close to something (Live-DVD, record of a song), but never get anything.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Inny » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:12 am

I just don't see how there is any way a song, sung by Adam Lambert has anything whatsoever to do with this movie. I just doesn't fit the timeframe, Freddie's life since Freddie died years and years before Adam sang with Brian and Roger. A song by him and whomever else, just has no place at all in this movie. Period. It's an insult!

Inny
Don't Stop Me Now

叙情詩

Next

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert