Q+AL wrote a song for BoRhap!

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Q+AL wrote a song for BoRhap!

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:32 am

An insult?
When 27 years after Freddie’s death his old bandmates write and record a new song to honor their memories? I don’t know, where your aversion stems from, but this would not have been an Adam Lambert song. And we have no idea, how much Brian and Roger would have sung.
If my friends wrote a song about me such a long time after my departure, I would be honored and proud.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:34 am

Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:
Sad to say, soundtracks are not as popular as it was at one point.

True.
icy wrote:Why would they be in Nashville...bit of an odd place I think for Brian, Roger and AL to work.

Because they were in Nashville at the time, there are great recording studios and they had a day off. (North American Tour 2017 ;) )

I still find it sort of odd that Q+AL played Nashville. Yep, I love the stories and legends of what happened in many recording mdtudios there, I am a big c & w fan.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby icy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:37 am

Inny wrote:I just don't see how there is any way a song, sung by Adam Lambert has anything whatsoever to do with this movie. I just doesn't fit the timeframe, Freddie's life since Freddie died years and years before Adam sang with Brian and Roger. A song by him and whomever else, just has no place at all in this movie. Period. It's an insult!

I agree. He was in the movie itself after all. He doesn't need to be squeezed in everything about or with Queen, Freddie, Brian or Roger, IMO.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 am

Nicki79 wrote:An insult?
When 27 years after Freddie’s death his old bandmates write and record a new song to honor their memories? I don’t know, where your aversion stems from, but this would not have been an Adam Lambert song. And we have no idea, how much Brian and Roger would have sung.
If my friends wrote a song about me such a long time after my departure, I would be honored and proud.

Sure if his band mates wanted to write and sing a song to honor their memories. However, AL wasn't a part of those memories. AL wasn't and isn't a band mate of Freddie's.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Inny » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:22 am

Geeeez, I did not even recognize Lambert as that truck driver. LMAO. I thought it was just a rumor that he was in the movie and I've seen it 6 times, already. And I don't even have the DVD, yet. :lol:

Inny
Don't Stop Me Now

叙情詩

Postby Montavilla » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:41 am

One reason that Q+AL might have recorded a song for the BoRhap movie is that, in order to qualify for an Oscar nomination, a movie's song needs to be original to the film. That's why you often find one stuck in other films. For example, there was an song written for the "Mama Mia" movie, even though the stage musical consisted only of pre-written Abba songs. Likewise, there was a new song added to the film version of "Evita." I think the producers also added a new song to "Les Miserables" when it was filmed.

It's such a common practice, that I find it weirder that they didn't include a new song that I would have if they had.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby eiricd » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:18 am

to somehow include lambert in the film/soundtrack is as useless and unnatural as using Paul Rodgers in the film/soundtrack.

and yet they squeezed lambert in. pun intended

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby AlexKx » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:21 am

I don't know anything about it being a song for the movie of "Bohemian Rhapsody" BUT Roger said they tried something out but it was bare bones. There was no way they had time to do much of anything as they were rather in the city and out when you look at the dates for then one day to the next. I think they were just trying some studio and equipment stuff out. I have been waiting for years for a studio long play by QUEEN + Adam Lambert. They could at least start working on new music and if nothing else just put it into the vaults for future use. As it is singles and possibly e.p.s are an option for releasing music nowadays on some level(s). I think those things could be a good way to start off.

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby BruceyMc » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:59 am

Adam Lambert was Freddie’s favourite truck driver...

BruceyMc
Spread Your Wings

Postby JLP » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:10 pm

I thought Nick from Outside Line made it clear a while back that there would never be any AS I songs on any official stand alone Queen product. Surely the film comes under that umbrella Ella Ella ella. N
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby soxtalon » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:36 am

JLP wrote:I thought Nick from Outside Line made it clear a while back that there would never be any AS I songs on any official stand alone Queen product. Surely the film comes under that umbrella Ella Ella ella. N

He said that was the official stance. There could be an argument that the film wouldn't quite fall under the umbrella as a Fox film or what not. It's not like it was a Queen (band only) product. I get both sides of the argument. Perhaps that is the reason they decided not to go through with it.

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert