Why no live release with Adam?

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Why no live release with Adam?

Postby caruso65 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:40 am

I live in the states and yes I see the live in Japan release,
Why isn’t this or any other concert with Adam available worldwide?

caruso65
Spread Your Wings

Re: Why no live release with Adam?

Postby eiricd » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:10 pm

...cause the singer sounds terrible?

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby AngelR » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:00 pm

Does he? He evolved into a brilliant front man over the last 6 years touring with Queen. I guess their live release is coming very soon. Adam Lambert is going to release his new solo album before that though. The timing should be right to maximise the profits - business as usual! :-D

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby Nicki79 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:07 pm

AngelR wrote:Does he? He evolved into a brilliant front man over the last 6 years touring with Queen. I guess their live release is coming very soon. Adam Lambert is going to release his new solo album before that though. The timing should be right to maximise the profits - business as usual! :-D

I hope, you’re right! It feels like I have been waiting for ages by now. And still no sign. Only the knowledge, that they filmed the London O2 shows from last year professionally.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby AlexKx » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:37 pm

I have asked this for years and years and assuming I even get a response it is one that attacks and demeans me. This is very poorly ran business.

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby BitterTears » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:54 pm

Maybe they simply don't anticipate them selling that well. Must be a cheap release though, considering they have lots of QAL recordings already, pretty much ready to go. In fact, they've got that Japanese that's already been deemed suitable for release.

Regardless of commercial viability, strange how it's in contrast to QPR where we got 2 live CDs, 3 DVDs and that thing where you could download lives tracks from all across the Cosmos Rocks tour.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby sharon20 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:09 pm

AlexKx wrote:I have asked this for years and years and assuming I even get a response it is one that attacks and demeans me. This is very poorly ran business.

I have no reason to think this but I suspect with Adam releasing new solo music soon they will wait until their tour later this year and into next year is over and then release a live DVD. I doubt they'll do it while still out on tour unless they wait until the tour is nearly over. They could sell the DVD's at the shows but for some reason I just think they'll wait but that's just my theory, nothing to back it up except a hunch.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby rpt81 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:26 pm

Is it a record company issue? I don't know who Adam is signed to, but if it's a different label then it might be a situation where the cost of getting clearance for him in the west winds up being more than they'd actually make on the release.

rpt81
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:43 pm

rpt81 wrote:Is it a record company issue? I don't know who Adam is signed to, but if it's a different label then it might be a situation where the cost of getting clearance for him in the west winds up being more than they'd actually make on the release.

Maybe a release is easier now. Just today the news came out, that Adam has a new record company. He’s now with Empire, which is related to Universal Music. If I remember it correctly, Queen’s label is also part of the Universal family.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Frank » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:47 pm

I'm not dying for a live Queen + Adam Lambert concert album/DVD, but it'd sure be nice. Whether you like it or not, this is an important chapter in Queen and it'd be nice to document it with a live release (aside from the Japanese album which I've yet to watch or listen to yet...because it's not available).

Adam just changed record companies, and apparently hasn't been happy with his last one, so maybe that had something to do with the delay? I think it's inevitable that a live release will happen. Just have to wait it out...some more.
2014 - Queen + Adam Lambert (MSG in NYC)
2014 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Washington D.C.)
2017 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Brooklyn, NYC)
2017 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Philadelphia)
2018 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Las Vegas) 2X

Frank
The Show Must Go On

Fairy tales of yesterday will grow but never die...

Postby eiricd » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:53 pm

AlexKx wrote:I have asked this for years and years and assuming I even get a response it is one that attacks and demeans me. This is very poorly ran business.

Not aimed at you :)

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby agkelly » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:21 pm

I keep thinking they'll finish a tour and a live dvd will follow, to capitalise on the success of the recently-finished tour ... yet I'm always proven wrong!

I have that Q+AL Live In Japan release, but that was just luck that I managed to purchase it before they put a block on people outside Japan purchasing it! Thing about that one is that it was a shortened set, as it was the climax of a music festival in Tokyo, so it isn't a true reflection of that tour or its regular setlist.

I know the 2nd Sydney gig in 2014 was filmed professionally (as I was there!), but I'm thinking that one will never be released as it was the one where Lady GaGa joined them on-stage for 'Another One Bites The Dust' ... and my recollection of it was that she kinda butchered it (and had to keep looking at the monitor for the correct lyrics).
Plus the Live In Japan release was only filmed a week or so beforehand.

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert