Innuendo

The studio albums, live releases, compilations and box sets
Frank

Re: Innuendo

Post by Frank »

Mona Lisa wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:45 pm
Thanks Frank, that's really interesting and enlightning!! Would you have a link to the interview??
It's so great to read this is such details!!
That's all there is other than a paragraph I cropped out...I'm guessing it's a fresh quote just for this announcement:

http://www.queenonline.com/news/watch-t ... -the-world

Maybe it will be part of a larger interview eventually.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Frank wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:53 pm
Mona Lisa wrote:
Thanks Frank, that's really interesting and enlightning!! Would you have a link to the interview??
It's so great to read this is such details!!
That's all there is other than a paragraph I cropped out...I'm guessing it's a fresh quote just for this announcement:

Maybe it will be part of a larger interview eventually.
THank you, Frank.

Old Man

Post by Old Man »

Mona Lisa wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:51 pm
Thanks OldMan, great!! Do you mean that there is a version of the video 'Innuendo' in 3D, or , is it the special visual effects (when the doors open) that give a 3D effect?
I love the artwork for that album... they worked a lot on the visuals.
What is a 'cornflake producer'?
By the early 90s for a short while TV experimented with 3D. You would get free special glasses in TV-magazines. And certain shows were produced for that technique.
It's quite simple. It's not those green-red glasses from the 50s. Here one of the two glasses is a bit darker. The darker glass slows down the perception of one eye. So the picture in those productions has to move all the time. You see on one eye in the right time and on the other one with this slight delay. So you somehow see two different pictures and that creates the 3D effect in your brain. If the picture stands still, the effect is gone immediately. And that's why it was more of a gimmick and soon forgotten.
If you have sunglasses, that are not too dark, you can try this effect by covering only one eye and then watch "Innuendo" on Youtube. The historic dancers and the rotating masks are most impressive. I guess Mr. May must have had something to do with it.

"Kellogg's" is a cornflake producer... ;)

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

Frank wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:53 pm
Mona Lisa wrote:
Thanks!

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

Old Man wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:12 pm
Mona Lisa wrote:
Thanks OldMan, great!! Do you mean that there is a version of the video 'Innuendo' in 3D, or , is it the special visual effects (when the doors open) that give a 3D effect?
By the early 90s for a short while TV experimented with 3D. You would get free special glasses in TV-magazines. And certain shows were produced for that technique.
It's quite simple. It's not those green-red glasses from the 50s. Here one of the two glasses is a bit darker. The darker glass slows down the perception of one eye. So the picture in those productions has to move all the time. You see on one eye in the right time and on the other one with this slight delay. So you somehow see two different pictures and that creates the 3D effect in your brain. If the picture stands still, the effect is gone immediately. And that's why it was more of a gimmick and soon forgotten.
If you have sunglasses, that are not too dark, you can try this effect by covering only one eye and then watch "Innuendo" on Youtube. The historic dancers and the rotating masks are most impressive. I guess Mr. May must have had something to do with it.

Wow, that looks great, I'll try it! Never heard of this kind of 3D ! I hope that one day Brian talks about it.... or maybe some old interviews...
Maybe you could find those glasses in Kellog's packs :p

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

IMHO next potential album for box set

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

I may not be able to explain why, but when I start listening to music, the first album I listen to is Innuendo.
Previously, I tried to listen to this album as little as possible along with the Made in Heaven album.

The Invisible Fan

Post by The Invisible Fan »

Just thought I’d share my opinion too;)
I like 11/12 of the entire album, Bijou is missing! Each of the 11 songs is different, and daring! Delilah and All God’s People, Don’t Try So Hard and Ride The Wild Wind, they’re all opposites in seriousness or rhythm, but strengthening the sound of the album itself. When I listen to Bijou, the skip-button is very attractive, I think it’s too ‘boring’, but I know I insult both Brian and lots of Queen fans. It’s nicely sung by Freddie, but I don’t like the way Brian plays the guitar on it, just like ‘New Horizons’. 11/12 Rating!

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

Mona Lisa wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:22 pm
Old Man wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:12 pm
Mona Lisa wrote:

Wow, that looks great, I'll try it! Never heard of this kind of 3D ! I hope that one day Brian talks about it.... or maybe some old interviews...
Maybe you could find those glasses in Kellog's packs :p
The TV experiments in the UK at least were mostly confined to Children in Need programming in 1993. Various bits of shows that weekend, including Take That on "Top of the Pops", and a two-part Doctor Who/Eastenders cross-over, were shot in this technique. Here's a Pet Shop Boys clip I uploaded to my old (and long-defunct) YouTube channel which was part of the main Children in Need show.

And some technical explanation as to how it works.