News of the World Discussion

The studio albums, live releases, compilations and box sets
TheMiracleMan

Re: News of the World Discussion

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Frank wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:17 pm
TheMiracleMan wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:47 pm
Mona Lisa wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:40 am Sheer Heart Attack is one of the few Queen songs that I can't stand.
(Answer about Flash Gordon: The Kiss song is one of the most beautiful Freddie things ever)

I'm actually interested to buy the News of the world box set.**
Any bargain?

I guess I should look on Ebay... I never tried there...
But I mean, if someone doesn't like it, we can discuss - doesn't need to be perfect

**If I find it somewhere at an affordable price
I am energised by the way Freddie behaves during the performance of this song. I am about Sheer Heart Attack.
If you saw what he is doing while performing this song, you would understand what I mean.
Me too! I love his energy on SHA. And what's more, to my ears, he doesn't even sound like Freddie on the album (also think Roger's voice blends with his really nicely). There are times he takes on this new persona in the song. It's great. And live, he doesn't get any more rock and roll than this song.

Btw, I'm so glad when I see someone post in this section. Aside from Q+AL and Another World, this place is deader than a brick sometimes.

When I see what he was doing while performing this song live I wondered what the fans were thinking at the time.
I watched videos what he did while performing this song, it seems, in Paris 1979, what he did at a gig at the Hammersmith Odeon that same year, I thought wow this was just a rock and roll rampage.

Frank

Post by Frank »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:29 pm
TheMiracleMan wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:47 pm

I am energised by the way Freddie behaves during the performance of this song. I am about Sheer Heart Attack.
If you saw what he is doing while performing this song, you would understand what I mean.
Me too! I love his energy on SHA. And what's more, to my ears, he doesn't even sound like Freddie on the album (also think Roger's voice blends with his really nicely). There are times he takes on this new persona in the song. It's great. And live, he doesn't get any more rock and roll than this song.

Btw, I'm so glad when I see someone post in this section. Aside from Q+AL and Another World, this place is deader than a brick sometimes.

When I see what he was doing while performing this song live I wondered what the fans were thinking at the time.
I watched videos what he did while performing this song, it seems, in Paris 1979, what he did at a gig at the Hammersmith Odeon that same year, I thought wow this was just a rock and roll rampage.
Yeah, I don't think I've seen him go on a rampage like that on any other Queen song. It's fantastic.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Frank wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:37 pm

Yeah, I don't think I've seen him go on a rampage like that on any other Queen song. It's fantastic.

Well, in fact, such a song can lead to a heart attack. The song starts as suddenly as it ends.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

As it seemed to me at a concert in Montreal in 1981, he was no longer as energetic as he had previously performing this song.

Frank

Post by Frank »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:51 pm

As it seemed to me at a concert in Montreal in 1981, he was no longer as energetic as he had previously performing this song.
Don't forget that at Montreal the audience wasn't really on fire. A fairly timid crowd for whatever reason. There's truth to a performer feeding off of an audience's energy and vice versa. As great a performance as it was, a certain element was missing. Plus maybe Freddie wasn't as coked up in Montreal. Who knows. :lol:

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Frank wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:56 pm

Don't forget that at Montreal the audience wasn't really on fire. A fairly timid crowd for whatever reason. There's truth to a performer feeding off of an audience's energy and vice versa. As great a performance as it was, a certain element was missing. Plus maybe Freddie wasn't as coked up in Montreal. Who knows. :lol:
Some fans believe that this is Roger's second song which Freddie can barely handle performing live. First song is modern times of rocknroll

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Behind the scenes — NOTW:

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

carolb57 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:04 am Behind the scenes — NOTW:

What sense brings this post with the attached video? Do you think we have not seen?

Stonecoldcrazy71

Post by Stonecoldcrazy71 »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:13 pm
Frank wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:56 pm

Some fans believe that this is Roger's second song which Freddie can barely handle performing live. First song is modern times of rocknroll
I actually feel Freddie sings this song better live than the studio version.