Greatest Hits III [Special Edition]

The studio albums, live releases, compilations and box sets
Didymus

Re: Greatest Hits III [Special Edition]

Post by Didymus »

Kes wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:25 pm While we're on it.

Why not put the No More Brothers remix of Living On My Own on there? Not the remix from the Freddie Mercury Album.

I know which version actually got to #1.

It most likely wasn't an oversight, either.
Yes, it always bugged me... think we discussed this earlier in the thread!

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Kes wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:25 pmIt most likely wasn't an oversight, either.
I always thought that was just a mistake.

Kes

Post by Kes »

No, I think the QA department in Queen Productions deserves a little more credit than that. They know if something they look after gets to #1. The pennies start rolling in.

I think what happens, is any other people involved in the creative process want their pennies too.

Peace Loving Guy

Post by Peace Loving Guy »

The post script irony to GH3 though, it must be said, was whereas the album was a bit shitty by Queen standards, (at that point), the Platinum Collection was a massively successful product that sold truck loads and I think GH3 works much better on that, with all the heavy lifting grunt work done by the first two hits albums, I think it works very well as the third part with no real pressure on it to impress. It’s eclectic nature ties up all the loose ends and there are plenty of great tracks on it. If you’re a casual fan that wanted it all on the one release, having say, Barcelona, on the same set as Queen’s hits was really handy.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

If GH3 had never been released, the Gh1+2 set wouldn't have been deleted and would have sold in just as big numbers - as you say, those are the albums that people are really buying...

The platinum collection does not justify GH3 existence.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Peace Loving Guy wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:32 pm The post script irony to GH3 though, it must be said, was whereas the album was a bit shitty by Queen standards, (at that point), the Platinum Collection was a massively successful product that sold truck loads and I think GH3 works much better on that, with all the heavy lifting grunt work done by the first two hits albums, I think it works very well as the third part with no real pressure on it to impress. It’s eclectic nature ties up all the loose ends and there are plenty of great tracks on it. If you’re a casual fan that wanted it all on the one release, having say, Barcelona, on the same set as Queen’s hits was really handy.
Except, as my initial post makes very clear on Page 1... it doesn't tie up all the loose ends. There are bonafide Top 40 hits for Queen that didn't get onto any of the three collections.

action

Post by action »

GHIII is the ABBA - more gold of Queen

containing songs that werent even hits like the elton live track, it was just scraping the barrell.

difference is, the ABBA one was really good on its own

action

Post by action »

Kes wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:25 pm While we're on it.

Why not put the No More Brothers remix of Living On My Own on there? Not the remix from the Freddie Mercury Album.

I know which version actually got to #1.

It most likely wasn't an oversight, either.
you got to thank belgium for that brilliant remix