Greatest Hits II - Blue Vinyl

The studio albums, live releases, compilations and box sets
Kes

Re: Greatest Hits II - Blue Vinyl

Post by Kes »

They've got the Miles half speed mastered at Abbey Road inscriptions in the run off area, identical to my black vinyl, so they're about as real as any of them are going to be. If I was Arthur Negus examining them for evidence that they were forgeries, I'd say they weren't fake.

They have a sticker on the outside of the shrink rap, that says "Coloured Vinyl - Clear blue", no HMV exclusive, or anything like that.

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Kes wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:42 pm

If I've already bought one, then something's gone wrong somewhere, innit?
I dunno. The press release a few weeks ago specifically singled out August just for the UK, which perhaps suggested other countries might be getting it first. Maybe you've got one of those?

Kes

Post by Kes »

As all the official pressings will be from those Abbey Road masterplates, including the American Hollywood ones, it's always possible the people I've bought them from imported them from wherever, possibly Europe.

All the European (and UK) ones will have been pressed and sleeved at UMGs plant, think it's based in the Czech Republic now. So the ones being sold all over Europe will be completely identical to the UK ones, except for post distribution local stickers.

Oh, btw, when it comes to Queen stuff, I'm like Noah, i try to make sure everything comes in two's

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Kes wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:32 pm
They have a sticker on the outside of the shrink rap, that says "Coloured Vinyl - Clear blue", no HMV exclusive, or anything like that.
The previous ones (Jazz & GH 1) only mentioned the coloured vinyl, so that follows.

While I was in there I did pick up a version of the film soundtrack on sale - down from £35 to £20. When I got to the till he said it was actually a couple of quid cheaper than that, so if you want that on vinyl, now's your chance.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I just figured that, when it comes, it's going to be about £29.99 -ish, add in queuing outside the shop, the fuel, and car park to go and get it.... if you can get it for under £40 on ebay, then why the f*ck not?

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

I saw on reddit that in the UK, GH2 in blue was going to be part of hmv's Vinyl Week 2020, which got delayed or cancelled maybe, I dunno. Might explain why it's apparently appearing in other countries with no confirmed release date in the UK yet as maybe hmv are waiting to see how/when/if/how many stores reopen before marketing vinyl week again.

All speculation on my part though, based on something I saw on reddit which may or may not have been true anyway.

Kes

Post by Kes »

HMV could have just taken the ambiguity out of it, and sold it online. Let it hit the shops when they're back up to speed.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Saturday 15th...

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Cool. Very similar look to classic Queen, which I like.