The Miracle

The studio albums, live releases, compilations and box sets
Mona Lisa

Re: The Miracle

Post by Mona Lisa »

i can imagine...
I remember that when I was a kid my father was putting Innuendo at full blast in the car... I was born in 1988, and so I think my memories are from about 1995... i wasn't a fan until at least 5 or 6 years later though.
I remember the little question I asked him.... I was impressed by Freddie's voice and can remember that the song was Innuendo... I was asking: is that Pink Floyd? Because he was listening both all the time. (Division Bell just went out)
I had forgotten those kid memories, and so first time I was introduced to Queen was with Innuendo....

So incredible that after all these years they come back with one of their best song ever!!!
A pretty timeless song.
I admit, for many reasons, Innuendo is superior than The Miracle...... But, to use Brian's words, (that he used a lot in QPR times), both albums are very organic, in my opinion.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

Ahaha actually I just listened to Party and Kashoggi again, and Kashoggi is soo much fun!! Loving this dance thing with Freddie, John and Brian in the middle... it's really a complex song, and really fast tempo!! It's really not unlike early Queen (Bring back that leroy brown, little tracks on ANATO).

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

Mona Lisa wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:09 pm t's really not unlike early Queen (Bring back that leroy brown, little tracks on ANATO).
Do we still have the vomiting emoji? :vom: :vomit:

Only kidding, really I just envy Mona's sophisticated hearing capabilities, so that I didn't hear some half finished noodling lacking in either structure or lyrical progression.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

I agree that it was an approximate comparison :lol:
What I mean in some sense is that they were doing some amazing "chamber music", on those tracks; we could hear it's a lot live in the studio (like said also David Richards).

Old Man

Post by Old Man »

I think it's quite interesting, that "The miracle" gets so many mixed reactions. I remember when it came out, it was major step forward. For the first time they wrote all songs together, giving up this policy of Freddie & Brian 3 songs and Roger & John 2 songs each. This of course was a financial decision, as the writers earn most from an album. But it didn't help to make the albums better, as "A Kind of Magic" has shown. It's like a collection of solo-songs. So to me "The Miracle" finally sounded again more like a real band album.

But - for me this album has one huge difference compared to most of the others.
If you play guitar, most every "Queen" album has two...three or even more songs, you can cover yourself at home or even in public, if you are good enough. "Some day one day"...."Dreamers Ball"...."Spread your Wings", "Crazy little thing" and so on. Of course you can't do that with songs like "Black Queen" or "Bicycle Race". Even they couldn't bring many of their songs to the live stage.
But "The Miracle" has not a single song, that works on an acoustic guitar. Some musicians even say, that a song is only great, when you can play it on an acoustic guitar, which for example goes for most every Beatles or Stones - song. There is some truth in it, but of course there are exceptions....

"The Miracle" songs are studio creations, that only work, when Queen play them on the record. It makes no sense to strum an E-chord and shout "RRRoger Taylor!". It doesn't make sense to sing "Scandal" or "Was it all worth it", as it has nothing to do with my life. "I want it all" is the only song, that is a bit playable, probably the reason, why it's the only one they ever played live. But it's lyrics are far from what I feel. "I don't want it all"...;-)

And even if you do not play an instrument, the songs are more about them and their life.
I enjoy the sound of those Miracle songs and their performance, especially the surround versions on DVD are fantastic.
But this album remains a bit distant.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Stonecoldcrazy71 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:57 pm Innuendo was a shock for me...Especially the title track, It was one the the best songs they ever did.
For some reason, this track ( Innuendo ) was compared to the Kashmir of the Led Zeppelin group

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Mona Lisa wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:28 pm i can imagine...
I remember that when I was a kid my father was putting Innuendo at full blast in the car... I was born in 1988, and so I think my memories are from about 1995... i wasn't a fan until at least 5 or 6 years later though.
I remember the little question I asked him.... I was impressed by Freddie's voice and can remember that the song was Innuendo... I was asking: is that Pink Floyd? Because he was listening both all the time. (Division Bell just went out)
I had forgotten those kid memories, and so first time I was introduced to Queen was with Innuendo....

So incredible that after all these years they come back with one of their best song ever!!!
A pretty timeless song.
I admit, for many reasons, Innuendo is superior than The Miracle...... But, to use Brian's words, (that he used a lot in QPR times), both albums are very organic, in my opinion.

I like the miracle album. In the light of recent events, discussions related to the box set of this album, I noticed that I began to include this album for listening more often.

Stonecoldcrazy71

Post by Stonecoldcrazy71 »

Some of the songs on this album I didn't like back In 1989 grew on me over Time..Songs like Invisible Man and Rain Must Fall..Rain Must Fall I feel could be John's song about Freddie. Brian has The Show Must Go On, Roger has Old Friends.

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

Stonecoldcrazy71 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:57 pm Innuendo was a shock for me...Especially the title track, It was one the the best songs they ever did.
Exactly my thoughts, too. That's why when I originally joined the forum in 2002, I picked my name using that song, however there was already an Innuendo and also an Innuendos so, the next in line was mine, Innuendoes. I absolutely adore the stop action claymation and the music, itself.

I noticed a Japanese band named X Japan actually used just a tad of the song in the bridge of their song, Kurenai, written around the same time frame. At 3:37 on this video but there are others where it's longer.

Sounds better/stronger Kurenai from The Last Live videos.

Last edited by Innuendoes on Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

Why am I posting in here? :roll: :lol:

Because someone talked about Innuendo :)