Hot Space

The studio albums, live releases, compilations and box sets
TheMiracleMan

Hot Space

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Hot Space-yeah, you can hate - you can love, but you have to admit that the album is not as bad as it is painted.
I like this album I don't think this album is terrible, not in the spirit of Queen and so on. Yes, the sound breaks out from what they did before this album, but the band remained true to their preferences.

Smiler

Re: Hot Space

Post by Smiler »

I do think that HS is a truely good record.

Young Music Fan

Post by Young Music Fan »

Yes they did stick to the preferences. There have been times when I was younger I used to really like this album especially with some of the songs. But now the only Queen album which comes lower on my ranking is Innuendo.

I feel if they hadn't have made this album then I don't think Queen would've been at breaking point during The Works Tour. John especially after this point spent less time in the studio possibly because he felt that the negative critical and press reaction was his fault as he wrote the song (Another One Bites The Dust) which caused Queen to even start doing this.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

I sometimes wonder whether people get so caught up in how naff some of side 1 is that they completely overlook the music on side 2. There's some really good stuff on there.

Also - and this is something I find myself saying a lot - most of the live versions smoke. It's really the production that lets the album down, not the songs themselves.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

I love most the album. I've said it before, but the only song on the album that I hate is POTF. Maybe it's the Queen song I hate most of all.
Sorry, because I don't want to sound like I'm a bad fan.

runner70

Post by runner70 »

Young Music Fan wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:00 am Yes they did stick to the preferences. There have been times when I was younger I used to really like this album especially with some of the songs. But now the only Queen album which comes lower on my ranking is Innuendo.

I feel if they hadn't have made this album then I don't think Queen would've been at breaking point during The Works Tour. John especially after this point spent less time in the studio possibly because he felt that the negative critical and press reaction was his fault as he wrote the song (Another One Bites The Dust) which caused Queen to even start doing this.
You don't like Innuendo??? Are you even a Queen fan????

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

runner70 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:13 pm
Young Music Fan wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:00 am Yes they did stick to the preferences. There have been times when I was younger I used to really like this album especially with some of the songs. But now the only Queen album which comes lower on my ranking is Innuendo.

You don't like Innuendo??? Are you even a Queen fan????
If I say that I don't listen to Flash Gordon as often as the others album, then I'm not a fan of the Queen either?

Young Music Fan

Post by Young Music Fan »

runner70 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:13 pm You don't like Innuendo??? Are you even a Queen fan????
It's a really depressing album in my opinion, I don't see how special the title track is because I've never loved it. Also I don't think any of the songs would appear in my top 30 list.

Yes I am a Queen fan and I'm allowed to have an opinion. I'm just telling the truth that this is the only Queen album where I haven't had an addictive phrase of listening nonstop.

FunnyHowLoveIs

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

Correction, the origins of "Another One Bites The Dust" & "Hot Space" lay in "Jazz" and "Fun It" and that beat is the mold for "AOBTD"
Last edited by FunnyHowLoveIs on Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FunnyHowLoveIs

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

Innuendo I beg to differ, probably the most underrated album of the entire rock world of the nineties.