Flash Gordon vinyl picture disc

The studio albums, live releases, compilations and box sets
BitterTears

Flash Gordon vinyl picture disc

Post by BitterTears »

https://www.queenonlinestore.com/

Those limited picture discs tend to go quite quick so don't hang around if you are thinking about it.

Kes

Re: Flash Gordon vinyl picture disc

Post by Kes »

All gone within 25 minutes. Quite obscene how quickly they go up on ebay for over £200 a go.

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

Kes wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:53 pm All gone within 25 minutes. Quite obscene how quickly they go up on ebay for over £200 a go.
Yes, it’s irritating if a person wants one of those. It’s even harder if you’re in the US and the sales start in the middle of the night for us. I was so disappointed not to be able to get one of The Game discs this summer. I don’t understand why they don’t do them in larger quantities.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Quite honestly, I don't think people in the product team collect vinyl. They get "told" by audiophiles that it's black vinyl, shit or bust.

The sound quality is not as good with colour vinyls or picture discs, so why would anyone want them?

So, everything is against you, when you really like Collector's Editions. When you "could" avoid sounding like a scratched record, you've got to ask multiple times, and then when they happen, it's in very small runs. The more popular albums, would easily sell 5000. Arguably, Flash Gordon is the least popular album.

john83_

Post by john83_ »

Hi,

I don't agree, the Pictures discs don't sound sound is true, on the other hand, colored vinyls = bad it's an old legend, vinyls with defects there are on the black and the colors. I have the Queen box Set which are in color. Jazz for example in black I replaced it 3 times and always a lot of default, on the other hand the one in the box which in Purple sounds much better. I can give a lot of examples, I have more than 500 vinyls and frankly the colors and black vinyl there is no difference. When there are faults on a color we will say “normal is a color” but it happens to a black vinyl we will say “it can happen defects”

what is important is the press, for example the Pink Floyd record are pressed by Record Industry, Record Industry press the Music On Vinyl label who release a lot of colored vinyl and they are mostly perfect

John

Kes

Post by Kes »

Hi John, i was saying audiophiles don't like colour vinyls. I love them.

The Queen colour viyls come from exactly the same pressing plates as the black vinyls, so do the piture discs. Miles Showell at Abbey Road, same cuts.

john83_

Post by john83_ »

I know that It's exactly the same Lacquer cut, the pictures disc like this one or the Jazz , The game edition is more for collecting, everybody know that don't well. I have a discussion with guys about the only officiel vinyl by the band Tool Lateralus, is cut by Chris Bellman the master sound very great but is a pictures disc so sound very dirty

AlexKx

Post by AlexKx »

Somewhere recently I think it was with Michael Jackson's estate the claim was that they were pressing higher quality picture discs than what they were known for in the sound department for that type of product. I THINK the reference was to his Diamond Collection box set if I'm not mistaken which does/did look phenomenal. As far as the number concerning "Flash Gordon" and other limited pictures discs/physical music product I think it is a joke of they all sell out and especially so quick. I don't consider it professional. Sometimes the numbers are so little I don't consider them more than party favors if they can't meet basic demand.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Kes wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:53 pm All gone within 25 minutes. Quite obscene how quickly they go up on ebay for over £200 a go.
So far the highest bid I can see is £124 - most are around the £40 - 50 mark. I don't think these will sell for as much as people thought, at least not for a few years.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I think you're right. It's not exactly No1 in the list of fan's rated Queen's best album.

As regards quatities, the collectability of anything is part of a formula.

Items on the market, over demand for that article.

Make a million Flash Gordon picture discs, and they won't be collectable make a couple of thousand, and five thousand want one. Bingo. They'll sell like hot cakes.