Flash Gordon vinyl picture disc

The studio albums, live releases, compilations and box sets
Sir Didymus

Re: Flash Gordon vinyl picture disc

Post by Sir Didymus »

Newearthmud wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:32 am Received my replacement this morning, perfect condition. Very happy.
Was it a full record or just a sleeve?

Newearthmud

Post by Newearthmud »

Sir Didymus wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:09 pm
Newearthmud wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:32 am Received my replacement this morning, perfect condition. Very happy.
Complete replacement, with everything. Again it was shipped with the record inside the sleeve so must have received a little more TLC from the postman this time. So I have 2 now.

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

Newearthmud wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:31 pm
Complete replacement, with everything. Again it was shipped with the record inside the sleeve so must have received a little more TLC from the postman this time. So I have 2 now.
Very exciting. Though I do wonder what that means for the Ltd edition number. They haven't asked me what mine was... did you get the same number replaced like for like?

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

Hmmm..... a limited pressing sells out, but replacements are available.

Hold my cynicism, someone...

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

It does bring up some questions but...i guess they must hold a few back for different reasons. Like it would be too easy to expose 'limited' items when they are numbered like this one is (assuming the replacements are also numbered..?)

Newearthmud

Post by Newearthmud »

Sir Didymus wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:38 am

Very exciting. Though I do wonder what that means for the Ltd edition number. They haven't asked me what mine was... did you get the same number replaced like for like?
My first one was #760 and the second #1584

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

Generic username wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:03 am Hmmm..... a limited pressing sells out, but replacements are available.

Hold my cynicism, someone...
A few years back I got a now long deleted title from an indie label that was legitimately only produced in limited numbers - about 250 IIRC. It arrived very badly bent, so when I sent them photos of it, they shipped me a spare copy but made sure it had the same number on it... I therefore have one to 'play' (the bent sleeve) and one to keep as pristine as possible.

Universal haven't asked me for the number here, so they've either kept a small handful back for problems, or they've got some unnumbered ones run off. I'm kinda hoping it's the latter tbh as that'll probably be more special in years to come.

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

Newearthmud wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:23 pm
Sir Didymus wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:38 am

My first one was #760 and the second #1584
Thanks! Very intriguing indeed... not received my replacement yet so hopefully it'll show up soon enough.

Bruceymc

Post by Bruceymc »

I've emailed them twice now and not even had a response from them.

Walter B

Post by Walter B »

I haven't received the picture disc at all. I have emailed the store and I wrote them that other people got theirs in about a week. I've been told to wait.

I think that when I send them an email again their answer will be that they are sorry, but as this was a limited edition they can't help me. I am happy for Newearthmud that they have sent you the disc again, but it feels kind of strange...