What Were They Thinking?

Singles, B-sides, remixes, deep cuts and unreleased tracks
FunnyHowLoveIs

What Were They Thinking?

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

"Man On The Prowl". great jam, for some reason with the ending cut in mid keystroke of piano, wrong lyrics and waste of album space entirely effecting an album that surely Roger Taylors "Fun In Space" sessions could've blessed an otherwise awesome album.

"Pain is So Close To Pleasure" i cringe when hearing that as it would've murdered "Hot Space"

"Don't Lose Your Head' became a commercial against drunk driving putting a spike in the pistons of an otherwise great song.

Anyone else?

TheMiracleMan

Re: What Were They Thinking?

Post by TheMiracleMan »

FunnyHowLoveIs wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:59 pm "Man On The Prowl". great jam, for some reason with the ending cut in mid keystroke of piano, wrong lyrics and waste of album space entirely effecting an album that surely Roger Taylors "Fun In Space" sessions could've blessed an otherwise awesome album.

"Pain is So Close To Pleasure" i cringe when hearing that as it would've murdered "Hot Space"

"Don't Lose Your Head' became a commercial against drunk driving putting a spike in the pistons of an otherwise great song.

Anyone else?
What were they thinking about letting Brian sing on the albums.

Kes

Re: What Were They Thinking?

Post by Kes »

There's certain songs where Brian sings, that I'm not sure Freddie would have done much better, Long Away, for example.

Add to that, take albums where Freddie sang the lot, like The Works, and they're lacking the point-counterpoint dynamic that albums like ADATR, or NOTW have in abundance.