Background story of Hangman

Singles, B-sides, remixes, deep cuts and unreleased tracks
The Kurgan

Re: Background story of Hangman

Post by The Kurgan »

PTRACER wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:49 pm I didn't realise John S Stuart had died. I guess that is the problem with being a hoarder of rare stuff that you talk about but never share. You die, you can't take it with you, and then everyone else is deprived of it too.
I wouldn't call him a hoarder, he shared lots of stuff and also regularly traded.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Even if he was, it was totally his prerogative. Nobody calls you names for how you choose to live your life.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

MichaelAllred76 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:12 am 1) having played "Hangman" live many times, I would find it unusual that they thought so little of it as to never record it in some fashion even in demo form.
2) Roger said in the above audio clip that he believes it exists in some form
3) just because a studio recording hasn't been found in the Queen archives doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Perhaps people should be asking the producers, mixers, etc who worked with Queen around that time frame.
4) people should also be asking of Queen and Greg Brooks that if they don't have a studio recording of "Hangman" then do they have a proper live recording because frankly I'd be more than happy with an official live recording than nothing at all
5) since the fan/collector who claimed to own the acetate recording of "Hangman" passed away, surely the person(s) handling his estate would know what he left behind especially considering how valuable such a thing would be if real.

Maybe they wouldn't though unless he left a will. I have read several times of really rare stuff being found whilst browsing in charity shops.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I think in his case, he would have let everybody in his family know he was sat on a goldmine. We aren't talking one or two rare things sat in his collection, but quite a bit of stuff.

I think those around me, know that in amongst the regular stuff, there's a few gems.