What Were They Thinking?

Singles, B-sides, remixes, deep cuts and unreleased tracks
Dali

Re: What Were They Thinking?

Post by Dali »

Lord of all darkness wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:24 am Listened to Night at the Opera on Spotify the other day.

Seaside Rendezvous? It is embarrassingly sickly sweet.
The Prophet Song - The vocal interlude is rather boring. Great song that didn't need the middle part.
The Prophet's Song is a track that's just begging for a radio edit.

But as far as Seaside Rendezvous is concerned, I think you're missing the point. It's meant to be a pastiche, a tribute to the revival jazz movement. And it was their firs, thankfully not last, attempt at proper jazz. In that respect, it's wonderful. All those fabulous sounds, such as trumpets and whistles, all come from the Red Special. Extraordinary.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Dali wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:45 am
Lord of all darkness wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:24 am Listened to Night at the Opera on Spotify the other day.

Seaside Rendezvous? It is embarrassingly sickly sweet.
The Prophet Song - The vocal interlude is rather boring. Great song that didn't need the middle part.
The Prophet's Song is a track that's just begging for a radio edit.

But as far as Seaside Rendezvous is concerned, I think you're missing the point. It's meant to be a pastiche, a tribute to the revival jazz movement. And it was their firs, thankfully not last, attempt at proper jazz. In that respect, it's wonderful. All those fabulous sounds, such as trumpets and whistles, all come from the Red Special. Extraordinary.
If I remember correctly, the track is one that does not feature Brian. Pretty sure the trumpets, woodwind rtf are all Freddie and Roger.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Dali wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:45 amThe Prophet's Song is a track that's just begging for a radio edit.
Word.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the song as it is, but it’d be great to have a punchier edit with the vocal canon excised.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Leigh Burne wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:02 pm
Dali wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:45 amThe Prophet's Song is a track that's just begging for a radio edit.
Word.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the song as it is, but it’d be great to have a punchier edit with the vocal canon excised.
Someone get me the 5.1 stem mixes and the challenge is accepted.