Radio Ga Ga Extended Mix

Singles, B-sides, remixes, deep cuts and unreleased tracks
JLP
Site Admin

Radio Ga Ga Extended Mix

Post by JLP »

Apparently this version of the Classic Queen hit from 1984 is to be released on the upcoming release, Now That's What I Call 12" 80s.

Previously only available on the Box of Trix release and the 1991 Hollywood version of The Works.

https://www.queenonline.com

Kes

Re: Radio Ga Ga Extended Mix

Post by Kes »

Being honest, not their best 12" version, but probably not their worst.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

I'm a big fan of 80s music (I went through my teenage years through the 80s) and I loved the fashion for extended 12" mixes. I used to collect Frankie Goes To Hollywood releases and this collection includes my favourite mix of Two Tribes - The Carnage Mix.

I'm quite looking forward to this release.

Young Music Fan

Post by Young Music Fan »

Kes wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:36 am Being honest, not their best 12" version, but probably not their worst.
Yeah I agree, there isn't much new compared to the normal version. (I personally hink Breakthru is the best. But then Breakthru isn't a very famous song even though it was a Top 10 hit and sounds very commercial and poppy like other songs on this Now! album.)

On the subject of a Now! album, this is a special one-off program about the series on BBC Radio 2 a couple of years ago:

Listen to from 21:27 and you can hear them talking about Queen on a Now! album. Ashley Abram who compiled most of the Now! albums talked about how Queen always demanded the first track position!

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

WeeMann wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:25 amI used to collect Frankie Goes To Hollywood releases and this collection includes my favourite mix of Two Tribes - The Carnage Mix.
Frankie used to go to town on the 12" mixes :lol:
Young Music Fan wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:03 amAshley Abram who compiled most of the Now! albums talked about how Queen always demanded the first track position!
I thought that only applied to "Bo Rhap"? I know they always demand first track placing on that.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Leigh Burne wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:33 pm Ah, I see, you're talking specifically in reference to the Now! series. I meant generally - is it not a rule that they always demand track one placement for "Bohemian Rhapsody" on any compilation it gets onto? I'm sure I've heard that somewhere.
Sorry, I wasn't clear - it is on every compilation, but I was using Now as a reference for when it may have started. Jim Beach's philosophy is that, if they want a track from Queen, they'll do it.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Leigh Burne wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:09 am
Young Music Fan wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:03 amAshley Abram who compiled most of the Now! albums talked about how Queen always demanded the first track position!
I thought that only applied to "Bo Rhap"? I know they always demand first track placing on that.
No, definitely everything. I can't remember when it kicked in though - on Now 3 and 4 they are first track on disc 2 (1984) but from Now 6 (One Vision) onwards they were always disc 1 track 1.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Ah, I see, you're talking specifically in reference to the Now! series. I meant generally - is it not a rule that they always demand track one placement for "Bohemian Rhapsody" on any compilation it gets onto? I'm sure I've heard that somewhere.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

Having established (and had it accepted) by the Now! Organisation, they would absolutely have trued it universally subsequently.

See "the best driving album in the world...ever!" And others with a similar title

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

WeeMann wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:44 pm
Leigh Burne wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:33 pm Ah, I see, you're talking specifically in reference to the Now! series. I meant generally - is it not a rule that they always demand track one placement for "Bohemian Rhapsody" on any compilation it gets onto? I'm sure I've heard that somewhere.
Sorry, I wasn't clear - it is on every compilation, but I was using Now as a reference for when it may have started. Jim Beach's philosophy is that, if they want a track from Queen, they'll do it.