UK Music Press

Photos, posters, ticket stubs, scans, anything pictorial
Generic username

UK Music Press

Post by Generic username »

The narrative of Queen's relationship with the UK music press has always been "the press hated them, so they never talked to them", but that was always likely to be a simplification.

To illustrate, here are some articles from the various magazines that I've found over the years.

This is the earliest - a very late review of the first album by the infamous Nick Kent

Generic username

Re: UK Music Press

An interview with the NME, part of the promotional push for both SHA and the tour:

Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

The only one i remember very well from that time was in the NME, about 1977 i think it was, Fred did the interview and the paper thanked him with their headline that read ' Is this man a prat? ' :shock: :o

Generic username

I don't have that one, but we will get to 1977.

Here's more from November '74 - an ad for the album, and proof that Flick Of The Wrist should have been on GH1! Plus a live review

Generic username

The following week, but over at Melody Maker, there's an interview with Brian, and what was probably a bit of filler about touring, but may be interesting anyway. Some of you youngsters don't realise how simplistically bands toured in the '70s