Why is Queenonline so unstable?

Welcome to Queenonline. This is the place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Re: Why is Queenonline so unstable?

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Having exactly the same problem myself, and, yes, it is bloody annoying.

I have just been trying to load Queenonline for about five minutes - finally it just gave up and returned to Google! I am now trying again.

This has been going on for weeks now, and it is really poor.

I can access this forum with no bother at all, but am having no luck with the main site (my second attempt is still trying to load up - some three or four minutes after starting). Ridiculous.

musicalprostitute
The Show Must Go On

I'm just a sweet transvestite...

Postby Teo_torriate04 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:10 am

I'm glad it's not just me! The site has been taking an age to load for weeks now. I access this site from two different desktops and a laptop and it's the same from all of them. Can we get this sorted??

Teo_torriate04
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:13 am

I've just tried to get to it again, and it was a no go after 30 mins or so.
That said I don't think Ian Highlander(the techie guy here) has access to that part of the site any longer to try to fix it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

icy
Somebody To Love

Don't wish it away~Don't look at it like it's forever

Location: Music is the one place where you can lose and find yourself at the same time.

Postby Simon » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:18 am

Then again, we're always moaning. Even though I find it unexcusable for a brand like Queen to have their website unable to operate many accesses, even more so in a time of several new commodities, I rather prefer the situation of a shitty website and great releases than vice versa.
"Or you have it, or you don't!"

Simon
The Show Must Go On

Postby M&M » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:14 pm

I haven't been able to log onto that site for at least a month. As was already pointed out, it does seem strange that they don't seem to be in a hurry to fix it when they have new products to offer.

M&M
We Will Rock You

Postby Ian-Highlander » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:26 pm

icy wrote:I've just tried to get to it again, and it was a no go after 30 mins or so.
That said I don't think Ian Highlander(the techie guy here) has access to that part of the site any longer to try to fix it.

I never have had access to the actual website, I have only ever had access to the database and files for the forums (which are now hosted on a totally seperate server after we moaned about the reliability of it for long enough). ;)

Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One

There Can Be Only One

If it ain't broke, fix it til it is...

Postby icy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Ian-Highlander wrote:
icy wrote:I've just tried to get to it again, and it was a no go after 30 mins or so.

I never have had access to the actual website, I have only ever had access to the database and files for the forums (which are now hosted on a totally seperate server after we moaned about the reliability of it for long enough). ;)

Sorry, ty for clearing it up.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

icy
Somebody To Love

Don't wish it away~Don't look at it like it's forever

Location: Music is the one place where you can lose and find yourself at the same time.

Postby TheWhisperer » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:14 pm

For a band as internationally huge as Queen and the Queen brand, this website looks and feels cheap. Not only does it look amatuerish, half the time it doesn't even bloody load - whether I'm at home, at work or elsewhere. And the number of times that I have found links to news items just don't work is off the charts. But hey, make lots of money, but spend hardly any is what we're used to now, right? I'm guessing the QOL team is very small, which is a pity, because I'm sure they could do a great job, if they had more money to play with. This site is about selling product, not giving the fans a decent site. Great pity, as this site SHOULD be the daddy. It just fails on a multitude of levels and doesn't do the band justice whatsoever. I think if a band website isn't regularly overseen by members of bands themselves, it's invariably not really worth surfing to. Sorry QOL, no offence intended, I'm sure you do the best with what you're given. It's just another issue that makes me want to scream "stop taking the piss out of us". Queen would be NOWHERE if it wasn't for the fans.

So fix the site, ok? FFS.

TheWhisperer

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:58 pm

TheWhisperer wrote:For a band as internationally huge as Queen and the Queen brand, this website looks and feels cheap. Not only does it look amatuerish, half the time it doesn't even bloody load - whether I'm at home, at work or elsewhere. And the number of times that I have found links to news items just don't work is off the charts. But hey, make lots of money, but spend hardly any is what we're used to now, right? I'm guessing the QOL team is very small, which is a pity, because I'm sure they could do a great job, if they had more money to play with. This site is about selling product, not giving the fans a decent site. Great pity, as this site SHOULD be the daddy. It just fails on a multitude of levels and doesn't do the band justice whatsoever. I think if a band website isn't regularly overseen by members of bands themselves, it's invariably not really worth surfing to. Sorry QOL, no offence intended, I'm sure you do the best with what you're given. It's just another issue that makes me want to scream "stop taking the piss out of us". Queen would be NOWHERE if it wasn't for the fans.

So fix the site, ok? FFS.

Totally agree with you on this.

The fellas that run the site probably do the best they can, as you say, but for a band as big as Queen you'd think that someone would try and sort it out.

Worryingly, there's probably been quite a few visitors (potential Queen fans) who have attempted to view the site and have then found that it doesn't load - don't think that they'll return.

I've had to start visiting Queenzone to get the latest news, but I would prefer to come here. It's ridiculous.

musicalprostitute
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:49 pm

I was actually able to get onto QOL just now in a matter of a couple of seconds.

I'd been giving up on it too. Sometimes I've been able to get on through the link on Brian's website when I couldn't go directly, though that shouldn't make a difference. Probably coincidental.

I get Queenzone newsfeeds through my email, and Queen(unofficial probably but it's someone connected) newsfeeds on fb.
I Was Born To Love You

julymorning
We Will Rock You

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:24 pm

julymorning wrote:I was actually able to get onto QOL just now in a matter of a couple of seconds.

I'd been giving up on it too. Sometimes I've been able to get on through the link on Brian's website when I couldn't go directly, though that shouldn't make a difference. Probably coincidental.

I get Queenzone newsfeeds through my email, and Queen(unofficial probably but it's someone connected) newsfeeds on fb.

I will have to try to access it through Brian's site too - bloody ridiculous that we should have to do it that way though!

Until I started reading the other comments on here, I thought it was just me.

musicalprostitute
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:39 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
julymorning wrote:I was actually able to get onto QOL just now in a matter of a couple of seconds.

I will have to try to access it through Brian's site too - bloody ridiculous that we should have to do it that way though!

Until I started reading the other comments on here, I thought it was just me.

Did you try directly after you read my post? I just now, once again typed Queenonline in my search bar, clicked on the site link and went right to it.

ETA: I suppose that's not entirely the direct route, since I used a search engine. So I added the .com to it and VOILA'! It worked.
I Was Born To Love You

julymorning
We Will Rock You

Postby FreddiesShootingStar » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:53 pm

It's sporadic, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but mostly doesn't!! :|
*LOASA's Most Obsessed Mercurian 2010/Co-winner 2011/2012*

FreddiesShootingStar
Don't Stop Me Now

*Guaranteed to blow your mind!!*

Postby julymorning » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Of all the things I could get lucky on, well I suppose that I'm batting 100 two days in a row getting QOL to come up when I try(even though I don't need it now), I can feel blessed.

Maybe that's the key in life....things come easier when we need it least.

There, my philosophical moment for the day has passed. We need a thread for "sayings I'd like on a T-shirt"

Also works for bumper stickers and refrigerator signs. Oh, maybe that un-inspired sayings thread is the right place.
I Was Born To Love You

julymorning
We Will Rock You

Previous

Return to Queenonline