It is time for "The Solo Collection" to not only be re-released but released in the U.S. for the first time.

Discuss all you like about The Great Pretender
AlexKx

It is time for "The Solo Collection" to not only be re-released but released in the U.S. for the first time.

Post by AlexKx »

Generic username

Re: It is time for "The Solo Collection" to not only be re-released but released in the U.S. for the first time.

Post by Generic username »

Perhaps you'd be wiling to share the market research you've done to demonstrate the demand existing (in both cases)?

Didymus

Re: It is time for "The Solo Collection" to not only be re-released but released in the U.S. for the first time.

Post by Didymus »

I think it's far more likely they'll reissue the "Rarities" discs from it on streaming services one day. But really, the best chance to reissue that stuff was when Mr Bad Guy 2019 and Never Boring came out... unless they have a plan to celebrate Freddie's 75th birthday this year...

Kes

Post by Kes »

I don't think it's that easy to predict Freddie releases. It's a different mechanism (ie Jim Beach) that controls them, and about the only agreement about them, is they don't clash with what Brian and Roger are doing, or have planned.

MichaelAllred76

Post by MichaelAllred76 »

I think maybe a repackaged version, maybe slimmed down a bit, maybe work something out with Dave Clarke for those live "Time" performances, would actually do fairly well in today's market.
When the set came out, it was well before the resurgence of Queen love and new fans after the movie came out.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

MichaelAllred76 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:33 am I think maybe a repackaged version, maybe slimmed down a bit, maybe work something out with Dave Clarke for those live "Time" performances, would actually do fairly well in today's market.
When the set came out, it was well before the resurgence of Queen love and new fans after the movie came out.
There's been FOUR slimmed down Solo Hits packages for Freddie since the year 2000, and five posthumous ones overall.

Each one has been released to diminishing returns. I think sadly the market for Freddie's solo career is a little spent now and I'm not sure a bunch of demos would change that.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Both albums got rereleases with new mix/orchestration and the Never Boring set included pretty much everything alltogether. All rather new releases still, don't see why there would be need for the Solo Collection to come back.

Brian's solo stuff needs the rereleases now and fortunately they're on the way.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

So the film has created demand for endless reissues of GH albums on the Queen side, but for Freddie there's now demand for demos?

Not sure that logic stands up.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Generic username wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:31 am So the film has created demand for endless reissues of GH albums on the Queen side, but for Freddie there's now demand for demos?

Not sure that logic stands up.
There is no logic with their reaction to the movie's success at all! I don't get it, they could have released ANYTHING after that, no matter what would have sold a lot better than usual. But nah, let's further push those GH numbers...seems like they want that one up there as high as possible on the list of best selling albums.

They could have done more with Freddie's solo music as well, but they seem to not see the demand inspite of Freddie's huge popularity. Still, they could have made some expensive collector's edition of Never Boring with 1-2 additional discs of demos.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Ray wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:04 am Brian's solo stuff needs the rereleases now and fortunately they're on the way.
As do Roger's 90s albums on vinyl. Happiness is the one I'm missing and it goes for silly bollock money.