What in the hell? Has anyone discussed this? What killed Freddie?

Discuss all you like about The Great Pretender
AlexKx

What in the hell? Has anyone discussed this? What killed Freddie?

Post by AlexKx »

What in the hell? Has anyone discussed this? What killed Freddie? I thought AZT was the great thing that helped keep people alive and well with h.i.v. (I don't know about by the time they get A.I.D.S)?! Now there are people trying to say that people died from AZT and not actual A.I.D.S. What is the plot line now in 2022?

Generic username

Re: What in the hell? Has anyone discussed this? What killed Freddie?

Post by Generic username »

I don't know what your source is.... and I'm not sure why it matters .

He's dead.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Yawn. People believing cra p they read online.

AlexKx

Post by AlexKx »

Generic username wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:00 pm I don't know what your source is.... and I'm not sure why it matters .

He's dead.
Um...because of everyone else?! Jesus. Think.

Generic username

AlexKx wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:09 pm
Um...because of everyone else?! Jesus. Think.
It matters because of everyone else???

Well, that's well reasoned..

AlexKx

Post by AlexKx »

Are you a moron? You can't tell why it would matter if AZT were helping people or killing them? What's with the mockery and demeaning?

Generic username

AlexKx wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:32 pm Are you a moron? You can't tell why it would matter if AZT were helping people or killing them? What's with the mockery and demeaning?

You're posting unsubstantiated conspiracy theories about experimental medication from 30 years ago, and barely coherently at that.

So I can see why *I* appear to be the moron in the conversation to you.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Alex is off their meds again I see.

AlexKx

Post by AlexKx »

I THINK it is conspiracy theory! After what has happened the last two years...I don't know any more for sure. Every day since August of last year in 2021 I have traveled across town I have an ambulance passing me with its sirens and lights on now at least once a day. I can and or could count on one or two hands how many times that has happened in my life up to that point. I am 44. This is deeply disturbing what I feel I and other people are seeing going on all around them (genocide?!) and no one (or few) are realizing it or acknowledging it! It is absolutely unreal and terrifying! I fully understand many people did not get the healthcare they need in 2020 but are we to believe that that is all that is going on concerning them not being taken care of and looked after during that year?! The insurance companies described the level of death last year in 2021 as catastrophic.

Starman

Post by Starman »

AlexKx wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:48 pm What in the hell? Has anyone discussed this? What killed Freddie? I thought AZT was the great thing that helped keep people alive and well with h.i.v. (I don't know about by the time they get A.I.D.S)?! Now there are people trying to say that people died from AZT and not actual A.I.D.S. What is the plot line now in 2022?
There’s a small amount of truth to this.

AZT worked for a while (with horrible side effects that did include death for some people), but would then stop working after a few months when the virus became resistant.

Then dual therapy became a thing, which worked for a bit longer until the virus became resistant. I the subject had already been on AZT they were already resistant to one of the components so this resistance occurred faster.

Then HAART (highly active anti retroviral therapy) came along: Three different antivirals (which could include AZT), all targeting HIV in different ways, giving the virus very little chance of escaping all three at the same time. This is still the mainstay of treatment.

There are people alive today who got HIV in the early 80s who held off AZT because they saw the horrible side effects it was giving their friends, and then were lucky enough to survive long enough for HAART to emerge. Some of these people are still alive today.

So AZT didn’t kill people as such, and it’s still important in the treatment of HIV (it tends to be called zidovudine now), but it is true that it didn’t do much good in the early 80s and in some cases caused harm.