News of the world picture disc order deleted

Welcome to Queenonline. This is the place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

News of the world picture disc order deleted

Postby FCB101 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:21 pm

On september 4 (the day of this particular limited edition item going on sale) I ordered the News of the world picture disc (limited edition).
This wednesday I (actually my wife since she's the person who did the order) received an email that the delivery of the Picture disc is cancelled. Due to a problem with our visa card the payment didn't go through but of course we want what we ordered and doing the payment again with a different credit card is easy to do.
The suggestion in the email to "place a new order" is obviously not an option since the item is sold out.
I sent a message to the support section of the shop and to someone from digital stores who sent an email earlier.
I didn't get any reply yet.
Can someone help me to now get my order delivered?

FCB101
Spread Your Wings

Re: News of the world picture disc order deleted

Postby Kes » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:50 pm

The problem they've got, is that when your transaction got "bounced", it would mean that someone else then picked up whichever allocated disc it was. They had 1977 of them, and when they were gone, then that's it.

I know it's a twat when that happens. I very nearly missed the Freddie Mercury Tribute over a similar issue, and my bank admitted that it was their fault. That fact didn't help me much, and as an interim measure, I bought a ticket at an inflated price, just to make sure that I didn't miss it.

Unfortunately, in your case, I think they can't supply something they haven't got, so if you're desperate for one, then there's a few already on eBay, but they probably won't be as cheap as the QOL shop was selling them for. Some people have obviously bought them to make some money on, but that happens all the time with limited editions, just watch the RSD releases on Friday, go on sale on eBay as soon as people get them.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Hawk63 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:11 pm

Me too I've had this problem. I ordered this record on September 12th and I have received a mail only two days before the shipping date.
I don't believe that they could not send a mail to advise that there were this problems. Many others digital store, where I buy records or cds (i.e cdjapan or amazon), before delivering an order advise their customers to remember them to check their payment way to avoid these problems.
I found this behavior incorrect and ridiculous above all when they knew this item had gone sold out soon and I have found a joke the advice to go back to place a new order seen on site there wasn't more nothing,
Me too I wrote many mails to the service care and on thier facebook page but noone had reply.
I have found this behavior wrong and of bad taste.
Now I am curious to know how they have sold these copies if nobody could buy one.
Can someone suggest that way they have used?

Hawk63
Spread Your Wings

Postby Kes » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:01 am

I'm not certain how it's done, but I think they wait to take the payment, until the item is actually available, which could be weeks or months after you ordered it.

In terms of guaranteeing that you're going to get it, it would possibly be better for you if they took the money while you were actually in the ordering screen, like they do with concert tickets.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby imthewalrus79 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:45 am

Kes wrote:I'm not certain how it's done, but I think they wait to take the payment, until the item is actually available, which could be weeks or months after you ordered it.

In terms of guaranteeing that you're going to get it, it would possibly be better for you if they took the money while you were actually in the ordering screen, like they do with concert tickets.

You are right, Kes. That's what they do. I had the same thing happen to me. The company that runs QueenOnline's store attempts to charge the card you entered when you placed the order. But, apparently, if they have any issue with charging your card, instead of contacting you and giving you a chance to retry the card or enter another card, they up and cancel your order.

Quite frankly, I find that a horrible way to do business. In my case, the charge didn't go through because my credit card company flagged the charge attempt and wanted to verify with me that I placed the order. But until I confirmed it, the store cancelled it. Now, if I want this picture disc, I have to pay Ebay prices for it. I'd love to talk to someone on Queen's website team about it. Either the store should contact you and give you a set amount of time to enter a different method of payment or they should charge the card when the preorder is placed, especially when the order is for a limited edition item like this picture disc was. I ordered a limited edition box set from another artist this year. They did the latter. I didn't mind. It meant I didn't have to worry about having the money on the card when it came time for them to ship the item. As it stands, if this policy for Queen's online store doesn't change, I don't think I'll be purchasing from them again.

imthewalrus79
Spread Your Wings

Return to Queenonline