Reasons why we need to keep the forums alive!

Welcome to Queenonline. This is the place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Reasons why we need to keep the forums alive!

Postby TheHero » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:40 pm

I have thought about this for a while. Now I want to share my thoughts with you:

In the age of social media, where "everyone" has moved from forums/message boards to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc., you may ask why the need for message boards?

The answer is; it is more important than EVER before, to maintain and keep them alive. Reasons being:

Conversations and discussion on Facebook does not work as well as you might think.

- For instance on the official Queen FB site you might read news, but don't comment on it, as everyone of your friends on FB can see what you write. You might want to discuss properly, without everyone in your family or friends, or even non-friends, or your boss at work to look at it, or Facebook logging statistics to show you adverts based on what you write ?

If this this is all we have left on the internet, the big sites like Google/FB are literally owning your thoughts and your voice.

I will even call it a real threat to free speech!

If all the independant forums / message boards are closed down due to few members, all we might have left are those big social media sites, where you really can't create your own topics or discuss openly among other Queen fans. And that is my other point:

- Forums have usually only dedicated fans.
- While social media like FB have trouble with spam and nasty comments from people /trolls who want to ruin. Of course that may happen on forums as well.

- On forums you may also ask questions from the heart.
Without forums, I am afraid it will be the end of real human discussions, open and free ...

The tragic these days is that it seems like a general attitude that : The more "views", "likes", "sharings", the better... For adverting yes, but for discussion, no.

So do we need to discuss? Do we need to talk?
Why do we need that? It does not give us money.

In a future, in a place where freedom is threatened, it is very important to discuss. If not we might infact end up in a Radio Gaga society that is becoming a reality.

So please keep forums alive! Save the real conversations.

Feel free to share your thoughts on this topic, you may have had similar thoughts ?

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: Reasons why we need to keep the forums alive!

Postby AlaRegularis » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:47 am

The reason I like to hang out on forums is because the people who do the same and post and stuff are usually more "hardcore" fans than what you meet in, say, groups on Facebook. It takes some effort to look up the forums and register and all that. So it makes for a more interesting and insightful discussion.

AlaRegularis
Spread Your Wings

Return to Queenonline