Abuse of the report function.

Welcome to Queenonline. This is the place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Abuse of the report function.

Postby lord of all darkness » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:42 am

Fellow QOL'ers.

I am a little concerned that some may be abusing the report button. You know, settling old scores etc..

I would like that when a report is made to the admin/mod team it be cross checked against the rules. Any reported post that has broken QOL's rules should be dealt accordingly. However anyone that is making frivolous reports should be dealt with as harshly.

Opinions?
BAN them!
 
lord of all darkness
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 

You are a pussy! I said show me your war face!

      
 
Posts: 561
Images: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia = where it's warm and sunny.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Abuse of the report function.

Postby fairydandy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:05 am

I think there is another issue here. I think that we have a moderator here who thinks he can delete posts at will.
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8608
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 431 times

Re: Abuse of the report function.

Postby ice on fire » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:19 am

Who is reporting who, or can that be discussed on the boards?
 
ice on fire
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Abuse of the report function.

Postby fairydandy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:22 am

ice on fire wrote:Who is reporting who, or can that be discussed on the boards?


Discuss what you like Ice. The moderating team on here at present are getting out of hand and they need challenging. We don't have to accept that our words are removed from this board without reason. WeeMann did it to me last week and it's simply not good enough, especially as he taunted me in PM's about doing it.
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8608
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 431 times

Re: Abuse of the report function.

Postby lord of all darkness » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:24 am

fairydandy wrote:. WeeMann did it to me last week and it's simply not good enough, especially as he taunted me in PM's about doing it.



That's not on. You don't deserve to be treated like that.
BAN them!
 
lord of all darkness
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 

You are a pussy! I said show me your war face!

      
 
Posts: 561
Images: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia = where it's warm and sunny.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Abuse of the report function.

Postby ice on fire » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:31 am

I missed out on that, but sorry that happened fd. I hate it when things disappeaer esp with no reason/s.
 
ice on fire
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Abuse of the report function.

Postby fairydandy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:32 am

lord of all darkness wrote:
fairydandy wrote:. WeeMann did it to me last week and it's simply not good enough, especially as he taunted me in PM's about doing it.



That's not on. You don't deserve to be treated like that.


No one deserves to be treated like that. That's what we have here now though. WeeMann is a dictator and he abuses his power. I'm going to keep on and on and on about this until he goes. Removing the words was bad enough, but the taunting in PM's was the icing on the cake.
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8608
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 431 times

Re: Abuse of the report function.

Postby fairydandy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:39 am

The reason my initial post was removed was because it apparently contained a libellous accusation. That was untrue and it was absurd. My protests at its removal were deleted, as was a topic in this section making a complaint about it.

What people won't know is that the person on the other side of the libel claim sent me a PM laughing it off (although he did rightly ask that I was careful about what I was saying, as he has a job to do..and I accept that).

I fully expect that WeeMann has taken matters into his own hands with this report function abuse too. JLP won't deal with WeeMann because he won't want to upset him..so it's down to us.
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8608
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 431 times

Re: Abuse of the report function.

Postby ice on fire » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:40 am

I kinda know the feeling fd. I hope it doesnt happen to you again.
 
ice on fire
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Abuse of the report function.

Postby lord of all darkness » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:44 am

fairydandy wrote:The reason my initial post was removed was because it apparently contained a libellous accusation. That was untrue and it was absurd. My protests at its removal were deleted, as was a topic in this section making a complaint about it.

What people won't know is that the person on the other side of the libel claim sent me a PM laughing it off (although he did rightly ask that I was careful about what I was saying, as he has a job to do..and I accept that).

I fully expect that WeeMann has taken matters into his own hands with this report function abuse too. JLP won't deal with WeeMann because he won't want to upset him..so it's down to us.


Sorry fd, i think this a larger issue. I don't have a problem with weemann, he pm'd me to apologise for removing my post. But from what you say fd, he has stepped over the line and should apologise to you. Maybe we should have a report a mod function. JLP should see there is a issue here, and can sort it out before it gets out of hand.
BAN them!
 
lord of all darkness
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 

You are a pussy! I said show me your war face!

      
 
Posts: 561
Images: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia = where it's warm and sunny.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Abuse of the report function.

Postby fairydandy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:48 am

lord of all darkness wrote:Sorry fd, i think this a larger issue. I don't have a problem with weemann, he pm'd me to apologise for removing my post. But from what you say fd, he has stepped over the line and should apologise to you. Maybe we should have a report a mod function. JLP should see there is a issue here, and can sort it out before it gets out of hand.


So someone is reporting your posts and they are being removed? Why are they removing them?
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8608
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 431 times

Re: Abuse of the report function.

Postby ice on fire » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:51 am

The button for reporting mods etc, I doubt that will ever happen.
 
ice on fire
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Abuse of the report function.

Postby JLP » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:02 pm

The rules about PMs are the same for posts on the board. The difference being of course is that I cannot see a PM unless it is forwarded to me. If that PM is sent to me I will have a look and, if I feel it is required, act upon that.

people ask why we do not always give an explanation about moderating issues and this is exactly why.

Explanations were sent out and I was involved in that process. Of course those explanations were not what was wanted. That is the way it is though. Unfortunately some people cannot accept that at times we have to remove some of their posts and every time we do, accusations of power abuse and so on goes on and personally I think it is pathetic.

OK so from now on here is the deal. We will not discuss any reasons for deleting posts any more in the thread in QOL. I will ask Weemann and Kes to PM a poster if there is an issue and I will act as mediator if required.

That is something I do with reluctance but I am sick of toys getting thrown out of prams because some people cannot accept a decision.

If anyone is unhappy with this then you have the right to complain to the man who runs the site.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11289
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 417 times

Re: Abuse of the report function.

Postby JLP » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:05 pm

lord of all darkness wrote:Fellow QOL'ers.

I am a little concerned that some may be abusing the report button. You know, settling old scores etc..

I would like that when a report is made to the admin/mod team it be cross checked against the rules. Any reported post that has broken QOL's rules should be dealt accordingly. However anyone that is making frivolous reports should be dealt with as harshly.

Opinions?


A reasonable point but to be fair this was discussed between the two of us last night load and I thought I explained it to you. If a post is reported we have to look at it. Sometimes we act and sometimes we don't. However, as in the case last night, advice was asked for and some of us were not online until much later.

Maybe an option is to remove the reporting post option and ask people simply to PM one of us. Let me think about that for a while.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11289
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 417 times

Re: Abuse of the report function.

Postby fairydandy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:46 pm

JLP wrote:The rules about PMs are the same for posts on the board. The difference being of course is that I cannot see a PM unless it is forwarded to me. If that PM is sent to me I will have a look and, if I feel it is required, act upon that.

people ask why we do not always give an explanation about moderating issues and this is exactly why.

Explanations were sent out and I was involved in that process. Of course those explanations were not what was wanted. That is the way it is though. Unfortunately some people cannot accept that at times we have to remove some of their posts and every time we do, accusations of power abuse and so on goes on and personally I think it is pathetic.

OK so from now on here is the deal. We will not discuss any reasons for deleting posts any more in the thread in QOL. I will ask Weemann and Kes to PM a poster if there is an issue and I will act as mediator if required.

That is something I do with reluctance but I am sick of toys getting thrown out of prams because some people cannot accept a decision.

If anyone is unhappy with this then you have the right to complain to the man who runs the site.


I am never going to accept what happened the other night JLP, not ever. I know when someone treats me with disrespect and it happened the other night. The PM's that I had from WeeMann in the first instance and his explanation were not acceptable reasons to remove my posts. In bringing that to the attention of other users of this board, each and every post that I made on the board was deleted, even the totally innocent ones. You talk about accepting a decision, well, it's not going to happen, because the decision was a poor one. I had the full weight of the moderating team on me the other night, to silence a post that was not libellous in any way, in fact to even suggest that it was is ludicrous.

WeeMann was in a power crazed frenzy..and he is totally, totally unsuited to the role. If you can't see it, then open your eyes.

You might think this is personal, well you're right about that, it is personal...because it was personal when he went into his deleting frenzy.
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8608
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 431 times

Next

Return to Queenonline

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests