Advanced warning of downtime

Welcome to Queenonline. This is the place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Advanced warning of downtime

Postby Ian-Highlander » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Just to let you guys know in advance. There has been an update released for the phpbb software that this forum runs on.

Because of the massively modified nature of this board and the huge number of templates I made available, software updates are a time consuming thing on this forum.

I've already started running the updates on my test forums and so far have seen no problems, so once I've completed all the template updates I will be running the updates on here too.

No specific time for it yet, but it will happen this week, the forum will be down for up to an hour during the process. I will try and give as much warning in advance as possible when the time comes.

Cheers all :)

Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One

There Can Be Only One

I was born with nothing and I've got most of it left...

Re: Advanced warning of downtime

Postby Simon » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:18 pm

Will it include updates of scheduled Queen activity ^^?
"Or you have it, or you don't!"

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby ice on fire » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:25 pm

Simon, I and others can wish :) . Thanks for the heads up, Ian :) .

ice on fire

Postby Ian-Highlander » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:59 am

This is purely a software update to the forum to keep us running on up to date software as a new version has been brought out (unlike the old EMI site which was several versions out of date and the reason they got hacked a few weeks ago).

Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One

There Can Be Only One

Postby Ian-Highlander » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:31 am

Taking a lot longer than I anticipated to make all the code changes to all the templates. Am hoping to do the upgrade tonight.

There should be a test board open during the upgrade yes (as long as I get my finger out my arse and get this all done) :lol:

Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One

There Can Be Only One

Postby Ian-Highlander » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:35 pm

Ok, looks like we're finally good to go on the upgrades, I've already run the upgrades on the old archive board (which only has the standard templates) and I've tested the upgrades on my test boards on two different servers and all seems to be running ok (famous last words lol).

So, I plan to take these boards offline at approximately 3.30pm UK time (an hour from now) to run the upgrades.

The boards will be back up and running as soon as possible, while they are down, my test board will be open at http://home.highlandfox.com/qolnew/ please note however that if you dont already have an account on it (only people who helped with the original testing will have) you will have to create one and there are only two forums unlocked at the bottom of the list. I imagine most people will just prefer to wait until this board is back up again, it shouldnt be too long but the choice is yours.

Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One

There Can Be Only One

Return to Queenonline