Why can't I ignore mods and admins?

Welcome to Queenonline. This is the place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Re: Why can't I ignore mods and admins?

Postby ice on fire » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:15 am

Look at this way, Tero. It is an asset to have his knowledge and be so willing to share what he knows. I am not brown nosing, after my flubs here, I would not dare. I just feel strongly this place would be hell without admins/mods/forum helpers. Thankfully we do have them.

ice on fire

Postby Kes » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:45 am

Back to the initial topic, and the reasons why certain things are.

Imagine you've got one of those people who is obsessive enough to collate information on people drawn from their various pieces of internet activity. We've had at least one of those on QOL in it's history. If people like that put the admin team on ignore, then how can any sort of order (or communication) be maintained?

Sorry, but this site is pretty much "Love me, love my dog". It is the way it's been designed, the people who pay for it's upkeep want it EXACTLY that way, that's the way it is, and is staying.

If someone doesn't like it, there's always Queenzone. They're a fairly nice bunch over there, well for a start, I'm not very prolific there, so that's got to be a plus for anyone who wants to ignore me, and me them.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Tero! » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:51 am

Kes, I'm not talking about you, so just shut up for now.

If action has a personal issue about the mderators, let him argue about it.
Let JLP write his counterarguments about that topic, and not dismiss the posts with entirely irrelevant comments.

Being a moderator is not about knowing things about Queen, and there's no reason to use that as an excuse to stop complaints.
< the above message is the author's personal opinion, and does not necessarily represent the opinion of every person on this message board >

Tero!
The Show Must Go On

On holiday

Postby Kes » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:59 am

Tero! wrote:Kes, I'm not talking about you, so just shut up for now.

If action has a personal issue about the mderators, let him argue about it.
Let JLP write his counterarguments about that topic, and not dismiss the posts with entirely irrelevant comments.

Being a moderator is not about knowing things about Queen, and there's no reason to use that as an excuse to stop complaints.

It is partially. One of the directives is to create topics, answer them, and when necessary, re-invigourate them. If your task as a mod has been allocated towards the Queen based forums, you're going to look a LOT of a clown in no time, if you know next to jack about the subject you're moderating.

As regards what's relevant, and what isn't, surely that's down to the individual poster. You told me to shut up, saying you weren't talking to me, but if "I" think something's relevant, surely "I" have the right to throw it into the mix. Don't I?

Typically, on other sites I've been on, a "good" moderator is apparently seldom seen, but if they're seldom seen they might not even be there, so is having good moderators about picking four people who actually never visit the site, or knowing that the people ARE there to protect both the site and it's posters when the sh*t hits the proverbial? Being human, I'm a poster here first, letting people know I'm here in my very own fashion, and the moderator bit is a kind of by-product of my being here as much as I am.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby JLP » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:03 pm

Tero! wrote:
JLP wrote:Let us have a Queen quiz. Kes v action. If action wins we let him be admin and all the current team get banned.

Am I missing something? Were the moderator positions based on knowledge of Queen?

I don't personally like action either, but you're doing exactly the same thing you do with me on the Queen topics. You make a single flippant dismissing several posta, and sweep all the arguments under the rug... :?

Tero, I really don't have a problem with action. My comment was meant to be tongue in cheek ok?
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby action » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:15 pm

JLP wrote:
Tero! wrote:
JLP wrote:Let us have a Queen quiz. Kes v action. If action wins we let him be admin and all the current team get banned.

Am I missing something? Were the moderator positions based on knowledge of Queen?

I don't personally like action either, but you're doing exactly the same thing you do with me on the Queen topics. You make a single flippant dismissing several posta, and sweep all the arguments under the rug... :?

Tero, I really don't have a problem with action. My comment was meant to be tongue in cheek ok?

yeah Tero, fuck off i can fight my own battles 8)

and JLP, i took it like it was meant: tongue in cheek. it even put a hint of a smile to my face ;)
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

I know what's right and what's wrong

Postby JLP » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:18 pm

action wrote:
yeah Tero, fuck off i can fight my own battles 8)

and JLP, i took it like it was meant: tongue in cheek. it even put a hint of a smile to my face ;)

Good for you. It is a long time since we annoyed each other. I must be geting old. :)
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby Elessar » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:31 pm

action wrote:
Tero! wrote:
Ian-Highlander wrote:It's a built in function of the forum software and is the same on all phpBB boards.

Okay, if there's nothing you can do about it...

i dont believe that

it's a little modification needed to the program, but nooooooo: the mods are too greedy to defend their god-like status on the board

if hitler ran this place, he would have made the software the same way 8)

I heard about this the other day on QI - it's called Godwin's Law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Tero! » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:27 pm

JLP wrote:Tero, I really don't have a problem with action. My comment was meant to be tongue in cheek ok?

It's getting harder and harder to see when you have your tongue in cheek, and when you're just trying to dismiss people as quickly as possible...

Look at it this way... You just wrote that whoever knows the most about Queen gets to rule the website, and somebody might believe that's actually the case.

Why not just tell action that he's being a prick, and trying to end a pointless exchange of words instead of joining it?
< the above message is the author's personal opinion, and does not necessarily represent the opinion of every person on this message board >

Tero!
The Show Must Go On

On holiday

Postby ice on fire » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Sometimes action and JLP have a bit of banter going on. Surely all the people who post here on a regular basis can see that, surely :? .

ice on fire

Postby WeeMann » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:45 pm

ice on fire wrote:Sometimes action and JLP have a bit of banter going on. Surely all the people who post here on a regular basis can see that, surely :? .

It's not difficult to see.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby action » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:03 pm

i'm the "Ma Dalton" of QOL :P
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

I know what's right and what's wrong

Postby WeeMann » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:09 pm

action wrote:i'm the "Ma Dalton" of QOL :P

You're certainly something.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby JLP » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:42 pm

Tero! wrote:
JLP wrote:Tero, I really don't have a problem with action. My comment was meant to be tongue in cheek ok?

It's getting harder and harder to see when you have your tongue in cheek, and when you're just trying to dismiss people as quickly as possible...

Look at it this way... You just wrote that whoever knows the most about Queen gets to rule the website, and somebody might believe that's actually the case.

Why not just tell action that he's being a prick, and trying to end a pointless exchange of words instead of joining it?

I didn't say action was being a prick. you know it, action knows it as seemingly do others. Maybe my sense of humour is a little difficult to understand at times as I tend to be a bit vague. Others got the joke though.

The only person making this an issue Tero is you. Quite why I do not know. More importantly though, I don't actually care. As to your point about only having people who are Queen experts running the board. I can think of several people on here who know far more about Queen that I ever will. So that kind of torpedoes that idea.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby ice on fire » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:20 pm

I get it...usually :lookround: . I think this board would be terrible if nobody joked around.

ice on fire

PreviousNext

Return to Queenonline