Anti spam registration protection "cracked"

Welcome to Queenonline. This is the place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Re: Anti spam registration protection "cracked"

Postby julymorning » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:03 pm

Ian-Highlander wrote:Sounds very much like you've picked up some malware somewhere, there are zero adverts on QOL (apart from threads posted by Admin) and never will be if I have anything to do with it.

I'd suggest you download http://www.malwarebytes.org fully update it and run a full scan with it, then let it remove anything it finds.

I downloaded, and ran it, and it came back with 81 threats. Problem is, I'm no good at deciphering program code, so I let it remove them all, since they did say they were threats. Suddenly I was unable to get to any web sites, even though I was 'online'. I was notified that I couldn't connect to a proxy server, so apparently one of the "threats" had something to do with that, and I'd removed it. I called my phone company tech support and just after reading him the proxy server notice either my hair touched the phone in the wrong place or he hung up on me...and I didn't feel like going through the spiel with another tech so I went into my tools and stabbed about on my own, trying to fix it. Which, apparently I did. And today is the first time I've logged in on here, tho' I've been lurking tentatively.

All's good now, thanks. :)
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Previous

Return to Queenonline