Did QPR ruin QOL?

Welcome to Queenonline. This is the place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Re: Did QPR ruin QOL?

Postby JLP » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:05 pm

Elessar wrote:
JLP wrote:The personal vendetta thing really bugs me Belle. I fail to see why people canot move on and why some people get involver, even when they were not members when the original shite all kicked off.

I know I have mentioned this before but when Elessar first joined QOL, for some reason we never got on and seemed to be at each other far more than we should have been. Now I see his as one of the more respected members of QOL and someone whom I enjoy debating with.

'Elessar' the QOLer was pretty much a different person back then. I was young, optimistic, enthusiastic, naive...now I'm old, bitter, cynical and world-weary. It turns out I was right about Michael Jackson being innocent....but now he's dead. Kind of sums it up.

Old? You are half my age and I don't think I am old. Cynical without a doubt, world weary, nah. Actually I still think I am quite optimistic.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby ice on fire » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:24 am

I hope this will not be taken the wrong way, I do find it remarkable JLP and Elessar ever crossed swords. My point is, its good to know opinion/s about someone can be changed, in this case for the better.

ice on fire

Postby Elessar » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:29 am

What exactly would 'the wrong way' be?

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Trashcat » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:54 pm

ice on fire wrote:I hope this will not be taken the wrong way, I do find it remarkable JLP and Elessar ever crossed swords. My point is, its good to know opinion/s about someone can be changed, in this case for the better.

Oh, my. I wish you'd chosen a different phrase.

Trashcat
Spread Your Wings

Postby Zappanalé » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:51 pm

I don't.

Zappanalé
We Will Rock You

Postby ice on fire » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:12 pm

Trashcat wrote:
ice on fire wrote:I hope this will not be taken the wrong way, I do find it remarkable JLP and Elessar ever crossed swords. My point is, its good to know opinion/s about someone can be changed, in this case for the better.

Oh, my. I wish you'd chosen a different phrase.

It's one I use often :lookround:.

ice on fire

Postby Sir Didymus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:07 pm

Elessar wrote:
JLP wrote:The personal vendetta thing really bugs me Belle. I fail to see why people canot move on and why some people get involver, even when they were not members when the original shite all kicked off.

I know I have mentioned this before but when Elessar first joined QOL, for some reason we never got on and seemed to be at each other far more than we should have been. Now I see his as one of the more respected members of QOL and someone whom I enjoy debating with.

'Elessar' the QOLer was pretty much a different person back then. I was young, optimistic, enthusiastic, naive...now I'm old, bitter, cynical and world-weary. It turns out I was right about Michael Jackson being innocent....but now he's dead. Kind of sums it up.

When you first came here, my opinion of you varied greatly from liking and respecting you to wanting to throttle you for being a stuck up poncy git. I felt really awkward the two times we actually met, as I just couldn't work out wether you were looking down on me for being a working class northerner with a big gob, or you were just a bit reserved and posh. :P

Over time, I've gained a great deal of respect for you, and your intelligence and enthusiasm has been tempered with a level of restraint and a greater acceptance of world views few here are open to.

To go back to the original question... QPR didn't ruin QOL. The nasty vindictive opposition to it and anyone who supported it is part of the problem... but I think a lot of people just got bored and ran out of things to say.
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

Postby Elessar » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:54 pm

Sir Didymus wrote:When you first came here, my opinion of you varied greatly from liking and respecting you to wanting to throttle you for being a stuck up poncy git. I felt really awkward the two times we actually met, as I just couldn't work out wether you were looking down on me for being a working class northerner with a big gob, or you were just a bit reserved and posh. :P

Over time, I've gained a great deal of respect for you, and your intelligence and enthusiasm has been tempered with a level of restraint and a greater acceptance of world views few here are open to.

Until secondary school, I was always accused of being posh - I think that was due to a combination of being quite clever and my dad having a well-paid job. But his family was very much Northern working class (his father was one of about 8, and they all died before 50), and my mum's family wasn't much better off. Then when I went to secondary school, everyone was from families at least as wealthy, and usually far more wealthy, than my own. But of course, that school probably made me 'posher' - if you compare my accent to my sister's (she chose the local free school - we were both given the choice) we sound completely different. Nowadays I'd say I probably fit in the middle class, along with about 80% of the population!

If I ever seem stuck-up, it's arrogance due to thinking I'm clever, not anything class-related :P

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Sir Didymus » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:29 pm

Elessar wrote:
Sir Didymus wrote:When you first came here, my opinion of you varied greatly from liking and respecting you to wanting to throttle you for being a stuck up poncy git. I felt really awkward the two times we actually met, as I just couldn't work out wether you were looking down on me for being a working class northerner with a big gob, or you were just a bit reserved and posh. :P

Until secondary school, I was always accused of being posh - I think that was due to a combination of being quite clever and my dad having a well-paid job. But his family was very much Northern working class (his father was one of about 8, and they all died before 50), and my mum's family wasn't much better off. Then when I went to secondary school, everyone was from families at least as wealthy, and usually far more wealthy, than my own. But of course, that school probably made me 'posher' - if you compare my accent to my sister's (she chose the local free school - we were both given the choice) we sound completely different. Nowadays I'd say I probably fit in the middle class, along with about 80% of the population!

If I ever seem stuck-up, it's arrogance due to thinking I'm clever, not anything class-related :P

TBH, I'd say most of it was my own uncertainties manifesting in your direction, more than anything you did. The only reason I bring it up is to point out how much first, and even second impressions can be wrong.

That said, I do see you a little bit like Nelson from Mongels... even more so after that post!

:lol:
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

Postby Elessar » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:14 pm

Ha...the following are or have been true:

AGA
iPhone
4x4 to school

Okay well my point was going to be that the video is scarily true, but then towards the end it stopped being quite so accurate. Even so, very amusing.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Previous

Return to Queenonline