Split from various threads.

Welcome to Queenonline. This is the place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Re: Split From Rhys Thomas Album Notes

Postby Kes » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:24 pm

I don't believe you're Ming. I DO firmly believe you are the (in)famous Penetration_Guru on QZ though. :shock:
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Tero! » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:36 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:Tero, I have a serious question. Is your signature supposed to say "insert"...? :P

Indeed that was the intention, thanks for pointing it out.

I also changed "message" to "opinion".
< the above message is the author's personal opinion, and does not necessarily represent the opinion of every person on this message board >

Tero!
The Show Must Go On

On holiday

Postby Tero! » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:41 pm

Guru wrote:Actually, this can't refer to me, as I don't think I said I was going to stop reading Tero's posts. I did think about it, but the comedy value in winding him up just a little more every now and again just about outweighs the " :roll: " I go through when his paranoia is in full bloom.

You did say you were going to "henceforth ignore you're whining about other, far less interesting things too" which admittedly is ambiguous, but I was hoping it meant you were just going to ignore my posts completely.

But to make things simple (and ruin your attempts at winding me up which you have already started), I'm going to put you as the first person on my ignore list. Have fun! :-P
< the above message is the author's personal opinion, and does not necessarily represent the opinion of every person on this message board >

Tero!
The Show Must Go On

On holiday

Postby Guru » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Kes wrote:I don't believe you're Ming. I DO firmly believe you are the (in)famous Penetration_Guru on QZ though. :shock:

Bows deeply.

...hang on....

infamous???

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby Guru » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:14 pm

Tero! wrote:You did say you were going to "henceforth ignore you're whining about other, far less interesting things too" which admittedly is ambiguous, but I was hoping it meant you were just going to ignore my posts completely.

If that's how inaccurately you quote people, no wonder you get in to arguments....

The line that I posted referred to the specific whines in question in that thread.

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby Elessar » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:23 pm

It's never occurred to me that Guru might have once been someone else!

Well now that I think about it, one name springs to mind, but he'd have to have mellowed out a lot in the last few years. He had some serious anger management issssues.

Nah, I've thought about it for more than a minute and it's nigh on impossible.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Kes » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:05 am

If I were a Buddhist, I'd probably suspect that everyone had been here before.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby ice on fire » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:12 am

:lookround:

ice on fire

2011 Remasters Batch 2 - Are these the offical Bonus Tracks?

Postby Tero! » Fri May 06, 2011 7:29 pm

Remember this is Queen we're talking about, and their style is to give as little as possible.
And Kes of course has to justify that in some way ;-)

Expect the original bonus tracks to be moved to the bonus ep and 2-3 further tracks from Wembley (for A Kind of Magic) and the B-sides (Miracle), and you won't be too disappointed with the final products.

Tero!
The Show Must Go On

On holiday

Re: 2011 Remasters Batch 2 - Are these the offical Bonus Tra

Postby Kes » Fri May 06, 2011 10:29 pm

Tero.

I don't need to justify ANYTHING to ANYBODY!

Like yourself, I'll make my own choice whether or not to buy something, and your guidance would possibly be the last I'd ever want to follow.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Tero! » Sat May 07, 2011 11:25 am

Kes wrote:Tero.

I don't need to justify ANYTHING to ANYBODY!

Like yourself, I'll make my own choice whether or not to buy something, and your guidance would possibly be the last I'd ever want to follow.

Don't take it personally,it's just the difference between the two of us and the time we became fans.

You have 35+ years of mostly positive experiences with the band, and you want to keep finding the positive things even today. My 20 years has a lot more disappointments, so it's only natural that I'm very sceptical.

The objective truth is somewhere in the middle, and it's important to remember that.

Objectively speaking there's no fucking way to justify that a 2011 release of an album should have less tracks than the original 1989 release, and objectively speaking, there's no fucking way QP or Island would be dumb enough not to see that... Right? :shock:

Tero!
The Show Must Go On

On holiday

Postby Kes » Sat May 07, 2011 11:57 am

That really depends on your perspective.

If they have any plans to release a "definitive" 12" Collection, it makes a mockery of allowing ANY of them on the primary discs of their catalogue going forward.

As I said from the outset, original B sides and Single versions, "should" have been integrated into the primary discs, therefore neither of those particular two albums would have been any less than their "original" CD counterparts. In Chinese Torture and Forever, you have a couple of anomalies, as the first was never originally part of a single, and the second was available on the CD album a while before it was tacked onto a 12".

The 12" versions "should" be stripped back on this occasion, and be "their own thing", and I really believe that "if" that is going to happen, then none of us want them cluttering up these remasters, and maybe detracting from "other" possibilities.

By leaving them on there, it raises the big question even further, "Why do AKOM and The Miracle qualify for extra tracks on the primary disc, and all the others don't? Some f*cking out-dated 1980's marketing idea?

Yeah, the fact that all the double disc sets so far have a total running time on each album as less than 75 minutes is very relevant, and significant. No-one has said it isn't.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Kes » Sat May 07, 2011 12:05 pm

Honest question.

If you were given the directive, point blank "I don't want any 'extra' bonus tracks on the main albums!"

How would YOU interpret it, imagining that your job 'could' be riding on you NOT misinterpreting that? A job you'd possibly prefer to keep. No pretentious idealogical bollocks, just put yourself in the position.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby mab » Sat May 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Don't understand Kes' reasoning here. So, if they include 12" versions on the reissues then we won't ever get a proper standalone collection as a result?!

By that logic, we're never going to see any outtakes/anthology release because they've issued Feelings, Feelings and we're never going to see a full BBC set cos they've issued Nevermore and Spread Your Wings from the BBC sessions (amongst others) already.

mab
Don't Stop Me Now

Was it all worth it?

Postby mab » Sat May 07, 2011 12:18 pm

Kes wrote:Honest question.

If you were given the directive, point blank "I don't want any 'extra' bonus tracks on the main albums!"

How would YOU interpret it, imagining that your job 'could' be riding on you NOT misinterpreting that? A job you'd possibly prefer to keep. No pretentious idealogical bollocks, just put yourself in the position.

I think Brian and Roger will consider that Hang On In There, for example, was on the original CD issue and thus will remain there on subsequent CD issues.

Mad The Swine was not on the original Queen so is an entirely different issue.

mab
Don't Stop Me Now

Was it all worth it?

PreviousNext

Return to Queenonline