It's time for a change of mods

Welcome to Queenonline. This is the place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

It's time for a change of mods

Postby fairydandy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:33 pm

I think it's time that the current crew stood down. JLP is becoming increasingly pedantic and petty. Kes is taunting another poster for no reason (other than he criticies Queen) and WeeMann labelled me as racist for making a completely innocent and humorous remark about the Welsh (and no, it wasn't about sheep).

The three together, well I feel that they are now incapable of independant thought and are incapable of being fair for fear of upsetting the other two.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Re: It's time for a change of mods

Postby Bad Guy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:03 pm

PTRACER wrote:I'll put my name in for "moderator who does nothing, but wants to be invited to the secret Queen parties".

Get lost, I want that tag. :P

Bad Guy
The Show Must Go On

Postby fairydandy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:14 pm

Here is what a moderator (WeeMann) called me a racist for today.

by fairydandy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:32 am

Belle Leisha wrote:
That's not as interesting as the guesswork to be honest. Welsh is brilliant though, I had to ask for directions to Trefdraeth once, and I said it, then a Welsh woman said 'do you mean' and then repeated exactly what I'd said, only with more throat involved.

fairydandy wrote:
There can never be a need to speak like that. It really should be illegal. Welsh look like a language for dyslexics to me...it looks as if they just jumbled all of the letters so that you can't pronounce the word. :roll:

Does anyone else seriously think that comment deserves the label 'racist? Does a smiley have to be added to every post on here? You know, there is a lot of racist people out there...but this is just political correctness gone crazy. I am very serious about this. He should resign, it's ridiculous.

There is no point in complaining, they just group together and everything is white-washed. All we can do is register our dis-quiet in threads like this.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby lord of all darkness » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:23 pm

fairydandy wrote:Here is what a moderator (WeeMann) called me a racist for today.

by fairydandy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:32 am

Belle Leisha wrote:
That's not as interesting as the guesswork to be honest. Welsh is brilliant though, I had to ask for directions to Trefdraeth once, and I said it, then a Welsh woman said 'do you mean' and then repeated exactly what I'd said, only with more throat involved.

fairydandy wrote:
There can never be a need to speak like that. It really should be illegal. Welsh look like a language for dyslexics to me...it looks as if they just jumbled all of the letters so that you can't pronounce the word. :roll:

Does anyone else seriously think that, that comment deserves the label 'racist? Does a smiley have to be added to every post on here? You know, there is a lot of racist people out there...but this is just political correctness gone crazy. I am very serious about this. He should resign, it's ridiculous.

There is no point in complaining, they just group together and everything is white-washed. All we can do is register our dis-quiet in threads like this.

Not racist at all. I love Wales and Welsh history. Very much over the top to label it so.

I do agree that we need a new mod. I have previously requested that kes step down, even if it is because of the length of his incumbency. I don't really have an issue with weemann, though the above might show that he is a little to keen to throw around his mod weight. I have said both privately and publicly, that i don't believe there is anyone currently that could do the admin job as well as JLP. So i would say only Kes should be the one to step down.
BAN them!

lord of all darkness
We Will Rock You

You are a pussy! I said show me your war face!

Postby fairydandy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:31 pm

lord of all darkness wrote:Not racist at all. I love Wales and Welsh history. Very much over the top to label it so.

I do agree that we need a new mod. I have previously requested that kes step down, even if it is because of the length of his incumbency. I don't really have an issue with weemann, though the above might show that he is a little to keen to throw around his mod weight. I have said both privately and publicly, that i don't believe there is anyone currently that could do the admin job as well as JLP. So i would say only Kes should be the one to step down.

Absolutely spot on. That's exactly what he is doing. He is hiding behind those buttons to make an unfair accusation against an innocent poster. The worst part of all of this is that there is no point complaining. JLP is incapable of taking it seriously and Kes will just give some long winded analogy that means nothing to anyone.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby ice on fire » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:37 pm

No...the place would be worse without the ones we currently have IMO.

ice on fire

Postby lord of all darkness » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:37 pm

fairydandy wrote:
lord of all darkness wrote:Not racist at all. I love Wales and Welsh history. Very much over the top to label it so.

Absolutely spot on. That's exactly what he is doing. He is hiding behind those buttons to make an unfair accusation against an innocent poster. The worst part of all of this is that there is no point complaining. JLP is incapable of taking it seriously and Kes will just give some long winded analogy that means nothing to anyone.

I thought that weemann is being ridiculous about what you posted. I thought he was better than that.
Lol at Kes and his analogies. But its' a bit like being thrown out of a plane and you land in Wales and you can't understand the road signs. :lol:
BAN them!

lord of all darkness
We Will Rock You

Postby fairydandy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:38 pm

Why can't the admin of this site (JLP) take these complaints seriously? Is he not bothered that people won't PM him with these issues anymore?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby lord of all darkness » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:38 pm

ice on fire wrote:No...the place would be worse without the ones we currently have IMO.

And heres me thinking that you wanted the job.
BAN them!

lord of all darkness
We Will Rock You

Postby JLP » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:48 pm

fairydandy wrote:Why can't the admin of this site (JLP) take these complaints seriously? Is he not bothered that people won't PM him with these issues anymore?

people can PM either Ian or Nick too.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby ice on fire » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:48 pm

Yea, I am sure everyone will love that! :P

ice on fire

Postby fairydandy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:51 pm

JLP wrote:
fairydandy wrote:Why can't the admin of this site (JLP) take these complaints seriously? Is he not bothered that people won't PM him with these issues anymore?

The question was, why can't you take the complaints seriously? Do you think I deserved to be called a racist today?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby lord of all darkness » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:53 pm

JLP wrote:

Hmmm. like it or not, you are the true admin. Ian is more technical and Nick only comes on the site to sell more tat.

What i would like though is that as a group you guys go away and examine fd's request. Maybe a new mod is needed to give an alternate view. I believe Kes has said that you 3 do think alike.

Just food for thought?
BAN them!

lord of all darkness
We Will Rock You

Postby fairydandy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:54 pm

lord of all darkness wrote:Ian is more technical and Nick only comes on the site to sell more tat.

That's funny :lol: I like Nick though, he's a good guy.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby ice on fire » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:58 pm

I do feel the board needs a new mod. As this board continues to grow, so will the erm arguements.

ice on fire

Next

Return to Queenonline