It's time for a change of mods

Welcome to Queenonline. This is the place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Re: It's time for a change of mods

Postby fairydandy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:12 pm

Kes wrote:I think I'm right in saying you HAVE complained, and that the complaint has been read by those who've answered it.

... I can't say the same for the original post or response.

The original post was completely harmless. Only a fucking idiot would take offence at it (well, in that case, it hit the mark).

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:15 pm

Why was my original post removed? Why? It was completely harmless, yet to appease a mod, it had to go, along with his complaint.

Why daren't anyone tell WeeMann that he was out of order? Why is Kes pretending that he never saw the post? I guess it's easier that way.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby action » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:16 pm

if you're popular, or bribe the mod team enough, you can do everything you want including racist posts, bullying, attacking, harrassing, banning and character murder innocent people

those who are not in the gang, are mere cattle on the farms of the people who have the power :(
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

I know what's right and what's wrong

Postby action » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:18 pm

can't the NAVO and the belgian F16's bomb QOL like in Libia? :P
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby ice on fire » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:51 pm

action wrote:if you're popular, or bribe the mod team enough, you can do everything you want including racist posts, bullying, attacking, harrassing, banning and character murder innocent people

those who are not in the gang, are mere cattle on the farms of the people who have the power :(

Bribe??!

ice on fire

Postby Kes » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:57 pm

fairydandy wrote:Why is Kes pretending that he never saw the post? I guess it's easier that way.

Well, every cloud and all that, at least I know you can't secretly view my history on the site, or you wouldn't be pretending to know what I have and haven't seen.

Genuinely, I'm on QOL via an I-phone running on The Edge, and it takes about a minute to load a page, add to that I've had, with travelling, a 15 hour day at work, so sorry, I haven't seen the original post or response.

So, I'll make a request, PLEASE stop fucking answering for me. What I write is what I've written. I don't need someone doing an NME interview with Freddie scenario for me. Ta!
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby JLP » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:57 pm

fairydandy wrote:Why was my original post removed? Why? It was completely harmless, yet to appease a mod, it had to go, along with his complaint.

Why daren't anyone tell WeeMann that he was out of order? Why is Kes pretending that he never saw the post? I guess it's easier that way.

erm it is still there.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1989&start=45
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Kes » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:13 pm

Thanks for that, JLP.

First I can't see anybody being racist, nationalistic maybe, but not racist. It would make me think a level of sarcasm is being attached. And secondly, I can't see either your name, or an inference to you in WeeMann's post. He could easily have been talking about any of the posts above his.

Maybe it should have been a case of "ask questions first, shoot later".

I genuinely thought someone had written "fd is a, as Chelsea would have said, Ray-tits!"

You know you aren't, we know you aren't, nobody's actually called you one.... Storm in an eggcup.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Pastieman.Steve » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:43 am

:lazy:

Pastieman.Steve
We Will Rock You

Should be doing something else

Postby WeeMann » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:10 pm

lord of all darkness wrote:I don't really have an issue with weemann, though the above might show that he is a little to keen to throw around his mod weight.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I can assure you that had I not been a mod I'd have been far less diplomatic in my dealings with fd, so being a mod has actually limited what I can post in these circumstances. Throwing my weight around? How exactly? If I weren't a mod I'd probably have reported his post, as it is I have to be a little more careful.

Having said that, I won't allow the fact that I'm a mod prevent me from posting my opinions on any subject on this board. If I had to be tied down like that I would never have taken the position and I know that no-one posting so vociferously in this thread would agree to that kind of treatment either.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby WeeMann » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:26 pm

fairydandy wrote:Here is what a moderator (WeeMann) called me a racist for today.

Does anyone else seriously think that comment deserves the label 'racist? Does a smiley have to be added to every post on here? You know, there is a lot of racist people out there...but this is just political correctness gone crazy. I am very serious about this. He should resign, it's ridiculous.

There is no point in complaining, they just group together and everything is white-washed. All we can do is register our dis-quiet in threads like this.

OK, against my better judgement, we'll do this publicly then. Just remember, however, that if you decide to turn this into a dialogue and things get said publicly that you don't like, that's the way you wanted to play it, it wasn't my decision.

I want to make an apology. Your comment the other day struck a chord with me and I didn’t like it. I couldn’t see the humour in it and am still not completely convinced that’s the way you originally intended it, but if you say that’s the way you meant it, I’ll just have to accept that.

Likewise, I know you won’t believe me when I say that my original comment was meant as no more than a bit of a wind up. Badly judged, perhaps, but certainly not meant to offend.

That having been said, at no time did I say I thought you were a racist, my post merely makes an observation about various views often posted on here which disgust me. I stand by that view and will never apologise for my standpoint on the subject, I will only apologise if you felt an offensive comment was aimed at you.

I do have to question one thing, though. If it were truly meant in jest, why not say that right from the start, rather than make such a fuss over my response? It would have stopped the whole thing dead in its tracks.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Postby action » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:15 pm

WeeMann wrote:
lord of all darkness wrote:I don't really have an issue with weemann, though the above might show that he is a little to keen to throw around his mod weight.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I can assure you that had I not been a mod I'd have been far less diplomatic in my dealings with fd, so being a mod has actually limited what I can post in these circumstances. Throwing my weight around? How exactly? If I weren't a mod I'd probably have reported his post, as it is I have to be a little more careful.

Having said that, I won't allow the fact that I'm a mod prevent me from posting my opinions on any subject on this board. If I had to be tied down like that I would never have taken the position and I know that no-one posting so vociferously in this thread would agree to that kind of treatment either.

oh dear, just throw the towel in the ring man. you suck as a mod, you cant handle the power and it magnifies your latent tendency to be a hypocrite :?

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby fairydandy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:48 pm

I'm pretty fed up with this place now. Seriously, there is nothing that can be done about the mods right now. They aren't accountable, they daren't criticise each other, or even disagree with each other..and they exercise absolute power, because they have the buttons and we don't. QOL was never like that, it was always better than that. Someone, somewhere would always discuss the issues out in the open, not hide it away in some hidden forum that serves as little more than an ego trip.

Just how the hell did we arrive at the point where an innocent post can be twisted to mean something that was never in the posters mind at all? How did we arrive at the point where then complaining about the injustice is seen as causing trouble and where mods then make threats in PM's? How did we arrive at such arrogance for someone to say, 'I am not discussing it on the board'? Just where does all of this nonsense come from and why can't we wash it away and deal with the issues? We cling to absurd rules as if they mean something. They mean nothing at all to the person who has been dealt the injustice.

Perhaps I deserve such hostility, perhaps I have bought it on myself..or perhaps the mods really do need a shake up.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:58 pm

fairydandy wrote:I'm pretty fed up with this place now. Seriously, there is nothing that can be done about the mods right now. They aren't accountable, they daren't criticise each other, or even disagree with each other..and they exercise absolute power, because they have the buttons and we don't. QOL was never like that, it was always better than that. Someone, somewhere would always discuss the issues out in the open, not hide it away in some hidden forum that serves as little more than an ego trip.

Just how the hell did we arrive at the point where an innocent post can be twisted to mean something that was never in the posters mind at all? How did we arrive at the point where then complaining about the injustice is seen as causing trouble and where mods then make threats in PM's? How did we arrive at such arrogance for someone to say, 'I am not discussing it on the board'? Just where does all of this nonsense come from and why can't we wash it away and deal with the issues? We cling to absurd rules as if they mean something. They mean nothing at all to the person who has been dealt the injustice.

Perhaps I deserve such hostility, perhaps I have bought it on myself..or perhaps the mods really do need a shake up.

For fucks sake fd, you have an apology.

That rule has been here since Mike ran the place but still doing it in private does not give you the audience you so crave.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby WeeMann » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:11 pm

fairydandy wrote:Just how the hell did we arrive at the point where an innocent post can be twisted to mean something that was never in the posters mind at all?

You're right of course. It's not the first time you've made digs and then claimed them as humour after you've been called on them is it?

Now, how is it I should respond to this...? Ah yes, "If you take offence at such a thing, then I don't know what to say. It's not important, you are making it important..."

Wasn't that the correct response when someone says something in jest that you took the wrong way?

Or should I, instead, wait a couple of months before apologising in private, admitting that I was wrong and out of order, and then wait a couple more months before bringing the whole thing back up again in public to try to cynically cause trouble and discredit that person, proving in the process that my apology meant nothing and that I am not to be trusted?

Oh no, that's just the way you do things.

fd, fuck off. I retract my apology. Don't bother trying to respond, you're not worth my effort to read.

WeeMann

PreviousNext

Return to Queenonline