New Members Poll - Just signed up? Have your say

Welcome to Queenonline. This is the place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

As a new member, how do you feel about this board? (Multiple choice vote)

It looks very good, I will enjoy posting here
20%
It looks very good, but I prefer to read rather than post
9%
The moderators/administrators look friendly and do a good job
10%
The members look friendly and I will enjoy making new friends/acquaintances
3%
The members look friendly, but the community looks too closed. I feel I might not fit in.
9%
The moderators/administrators intimidate me
7%
The members look unfriendly
7%
The members argue too much
14%
The layout of the board confuses me
3%
The moderators and/or members are unfriendly/argue too much/etc. so I will not be posting
4%
Other (Please specify)
4%
- Null vote for existing members -
9%

Total votes : 69

Re: New Members Poll - Just signed up? Have your say

Postby Fizzle » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:36 pm

I'm not new, but I remember being new. I was young & stupid (still am really :P ) & this was my first real message board. I was a bit intimidated by arguments & conversations I didn't understand, but LOASA was a very welcoming fun place where a lot of people my age were enjoying some 'friendly chatter'. I mostly posted there and lurked elsewhere, one of the reasons being people seemed to poke fun at LOASA. :P But times have changed, LOASA is a deserted wasteland, the 'glamberts' are the new target, the arguments seem fewer, though they still happen sometimes. Less than many other boards though, that's for sure. This board is good for its moderation. You won't find many trolls here, & the ones that pop up sometimes are entertaining in my opinion (royalhollywood, blue elephant guy).

Anyway, my advice for new people is to enjoy it for what it is. Don't let arguments intimidate or bother you. QOL is a fun place to discuss with other fans around the world, many of whom have a very impressive knowledge of Queen.

Fizzle
The Show Must Go On

Wannabee pseudo Tolkien-esque

Previous

Return to Queenonline