Freddie Mercury

Discuss all you like about The Great Pretender
Black Wings

Freddie Mercury

Post by Black Wings »

Was the greatest vocalist I've ever heard.

Frank

Re: Freddie Mercury

Post by Frank »

Beyond that, he's the greatest performer I've ever laid eyes upon. He could command your very soul if he wanted to.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Frank wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:10 pm Beyond that, he's the greatest performer I've ever laid eyes upon. He could command your very soul if he wanted to.
Oh yes. To this day his voice and performances move me like no other before or since.

WJ1977

Post by WJ1977 »

I do agree for 100% Frank. For that reason I would love to see Freddie perform on stage one more time . I know Queen management can make this possible. I do understand a little why Brian and Roger dont want to perform together with Freddie. Maybe too emotional.

It would be amazing that queen fans, who didn’t get the chance to see him live , could experience a one-off performance from that rock star in his 1986 costume perform who wants to live forever and love of my life.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

WJ1977 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:53 am I do agree for 100% Frank. For that reason I would love to see Freddie perform on stage one more time . I know Queen management can make this possible. I do understand a little why Brian and Roger dont want to perform together with Freddie. Maybe too emotional.

It would be amazing that queen fans, who didn’t get the chance to see him live , could experience a one-off performance from that rock star in his 1986 costume perform who wants to live forever and love of my life.
Got to ask...how on earth would it be possible to see Freddie live? :?

Frank

Post by Frank »

...hologram.

ogre t raylot

Post by ogre t raylot »

Hideous idea, part of Freddie's greatness was the spontaneity with an audience (and band). Something which is lacking with the Q+AL incarnation.
Frank wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:57 pm...hologram.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Frank wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:57 pm...hologram.
No. Just no.

Wings of Butterflies

Post by Wings of Butterflies »

Part of the magic & allure of Freddie was always the mystery; we didn't know & never will everything about him.
We do know he wanted his music used in every way possible, QAL is just one product of that wish. Things are as they should be on that level.

But he never said use 'him' in that way. He's now resting, as he deserves to be.
Don't try to 'revive' him like that. It won't work; his persona was more than just a form you saw in front of you; it was an aura, a presence. And that can't be reproduced by any modern technology.
Yes, a lot of people never got to experience being in his presence. But that is as it should be.
I think to try anything like that would be a travesty.

He's celebrated in many ways now; let's be grateful for that.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

I've said for years that Freddie's and Queen's music lives on. I don't think I've ever went more than a couple of days without hearing their music.