Freddie Mercury

Discuss all you like about The Great Pretender
MercuryObsessed

Re: Freddie Mercury

Post by MercuryObsessed »

Hello!
So I'm new here and still trying to figure out how this works, but I have an idea :)
Anyways, I just wanted to know if any of you know anything about Freddie in his early days in London. As in: in 1069 did he live with Roger Taylor? How they met? (If I'm not wrong Freddie was a fan of smile and somehow became friends right?) Where he worked? ect.
If you're wondering why I'm writting some sort of story with my friend and I need the info :D

Dave

Post by Dave »

Freddie Mercury was an amazing musician, performer, songwriter and singer.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

As long as he is remembered he is alive. His voice, charisma, sense of humor. Freddie Mercury wanted to become a legend, and he succeeded.

Old Man

Post by Old Man »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:34 pm As long as he is remembered he is alive. His voice, charisma, sense of humor. Freddie Mercury wanted to become a legend, and he succeeded.
Many of you have developed a very romantic view of Freddie Mercury, probably based on Live AID. "His charisma"..."he made the masses sing".....actually he did not really make the masses sing. They sang before he even asked ! But he was clever enough to accept it and put himself in front of that movement. The music of "Queen" with all the choirs led to an audience, that wanted to sing. Especially in Europe and South America. The audiences started to sing at the early shows which inspired both May and Mercury to make use of it and write WATC and WWRY.
Also watch the "Love of my Life" performance in the Canadian WWRY-movie. There you see, that he could "not" make the masses sing, if they had no intention to do so....

This link should be quite interesting for all of you. It's an interview with Noddy Holder from Slade, probably the first one, who really made rock-audiences sing in the 70s. Which was "uncool" for many in those days, most bands wanted the audience just to sit and listen !

Check this radio interview and start at 16:30, when Noddy Holder talks about his quite famous hat....and where he bought it.... ;)

action

Post by action »

he's good, but he's no joe cocker

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Deleted. Wrong thread.